Stiegemeier snake bite

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I was in St. Charles MO. YESTERDAY! Picking up my 03 Cobra which I've finally had pullied and ported. More on that in another thread. I spent time talking to Bob, Robyn, and Raelyn.

Until you see the shop and personally spend time talking to Bob it may be hard to understand that they are focused on one thing -AIR FLOW! From Bob's work on cylinder heads to blower improvement. From the investment he's made in special tooling to his design philosophy of taking something and improving it in the most simplistic (but smart) manner.

Please take into consideration the body of work he has already completed on just our cars (03-04 Cobra's). He's ported over 2500 Cobra blowers (roughly 12% of the total population) besides work on Lightnings etc.

As for the roll out of this new package, the blower genius may just be a marketing genius - There was a stack of applications already on their desks.

Wait and see. Keep the mental musings positive and show some respect for someone who has obviously earned it. And not to add fuel to the fire, Bob has some more ideas that he is totally geeked about.

Now I need to go drive my update 500 HP Cobra - Thanks Bob, Robyn, and Raelyn.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hopefully Bob will post sufficient additional details to at least satisfy the curiosity of those interested. Based on what he's said thus far, it looks promising for the target customers.

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Hopefully Bob will post sufficient additional details to at least satisfy the curiosity of those interested. Based on what he's said thus far, it looks promising for the target customers.

CobraBob, thank you as well for your support of the Cobra community. I use your gasket in my car and reference your Cobra Knowledge database often.

Great people who care about these cars make this one of the most visited / posted automotive sights on the internet. I have a 300CSRT8 and the people on those boards have been great but it's hard to hold a candle to this board. Now I'm checking out the CTS-V forums. I just need more cash, or fewer kids.

iBiTe03

Established Member
I was in St. Charles MO. YESTERDAY! Picking up my 03 Cobra which I've finally had pullied and ported. More on that in another thread. I spent time talking to Bob, Robyn, and Raelyn.

Until you see the shop and personally spend time talking to Bob it may be hard to understand that they are focused on one thing -AIR FLOW! From Bob's work on cylinder heads to blower improvement. From the investment he's made in special tooling to his design philosophy of taking something and improving it in the most simplistic (but smart) manner.

Please take into consideration the body of work he has already completed on just our cars (03-04 Cobra's). He's ported over 2500 Cobra blowers (roughly 12% of the total population) besides work on Lightnings etc.

As for the roll out of this new package, the blower genius may just be a marketing genius - There was a stack of applications already on their desks.

Wait and see. Keep the mental musings positive and show some respect for someone who has obviously earned it. And not to add fuel to the fire, Bob has some more ideas that he is totally geeked about.

Now I need to go drive my update 500 HP Cobra - Thanks Bob, Robyn, and Raelyn.

yeah been to the shop plenty of times

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Well, this claim of 500 RWHP on 8psi with the Eaton is right up there with the twin-screw blowers. It's definitely got my attention.

Does that mean that this may be an Eaton setup in which we can expect to see 550+ RWHP on pump gas with 15-17psi?

evolve

Established Member
Well, this claim of 500 RWHP on 8psi with the Eaton is right up there with the twin-screw blowers. It's definitely got my attention.

Does that mean that this may be an Eaton setup in which we can expect to see 550+ RWHP on pump gas with 15-17psi?

sounds like it.

silvrsrt

Established Member
Willy Stiegemeier announces that twenty lucky people will be given the chance to own a snakebite supercharger, and shown all the secrets of his amazing design, one lucky golden ticket holder will win a lifetime supply of Wonka chocolate. :-D

just kidding! this new blower sounds pretty badass! cant wait for more info!

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just submitted my application. I have been using my Stage 4 on road course for the past 2 years with great results. I am curious to see how the new design would work.

dynobobstieg

It ain't that hard fellas.......

This is a setup that is only intended for those EATON enthusiasts with very aggressive goals for their setups. If you want to set records on the dyno, then go twin screw, turbo, or whatever. If you want to push the Eaton for maximal power production, or shoot for aggressive goals at the drag strip, then this port may be an option for you.

He's only making 20 of them this year and wants them to go to the folks that want to really push their Eaton setups. Thus the qualification form.

The first post and their website says "patent pending". I would be willing to bet the specific info is being withheld until that "pending" is removed.

And when was the last time Whipple or Kenne Bell came out with a new blower and produced dyno results and performance data???? Maybe Never??? Their customers buy the blowers, install, tune, dyno, race em, and then report the findings. Steigemeier's has a DynoJet in house which makes it possible for lots of testing and evaluation. We're fortunate to get the info we get from them and while I find this informative, I want to see what results their customers, (especially me!!!) get at the track and on reputable dyno's.......

The numbers sound great, but we really need more details.

For example - I would have no problem filling out that info sheet and sending you $100, but I don't want you to come back in 2 months and ask for the rest of the $2500 or some ridiculous cost. Also, I'd like to know what the hell is being done to my car, I'm not putting down money on a mystery blower with no dyno sheets or track numbers on my car. Sorry.

1. IronTerp- Very good explanation.
Thank you

2. SNAKE BITE pricing will be a set price, but depending on your mods, we will quote pricing on a multi level.
With the overwhelming response to be the first to experience the SNAKE BITE I want to be clear that after personally selecting 30 GT 500 and 20 various other Eaton powered vehicles, Saleen, Jag, Roush, Cobra, Lightning ect.. 50 total for 2009.
I will contact the top 50 candidates with price quotes at that time they can decide if they would like to move forward on the project, Then we except their $100.00 deposit to be credited towards their invoice. That will put them in the drawing for the SNAKE BITE giveaway.

Thank you for all of you who have and continue to support us we really appreciate it!

Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

CobraMac

Established Member
Well in my mind, if you're changing out the rotor packs and such than it really is no longer a real eaton. It's now a completely different blower! All it has is an eaton shell

YellowCobra04

Established Member
i agree 100% with what ironterp has said. I believe this will be a limited production "elite eaton" for the true eaton enthusiasts out there. I'm sure if you get selected for the program you will get informed of the exact details (obviously), and if you aren't one of those people then there's no reason to tell you jack. If you have no intentions of going with this eaton then keep your negative comments to yourself.

I for one think it's a very neat idea and i look forward to seeing what becomes of it! :rolling:

It's great to see new ideas and new products still being developed for a car that has been out for so long.

+1

Teej281

Established Member

Nowhere did anyone say that it will be at 8psi...just stock pulleys. New rotor design and/or different blower snout may very well change the amount of boost with the stock pulleys...:idea:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Nowhere did anyone say that it will be at 8psi...just stock pulleys. New rotor design and/or different blower snout may very well change the amount of boost with the stock pulleys...:idea:

changing the snout would take most of us hard core eaton guys out of the equation. if the gearing is changed in some way in the snout the guys like me running 16+ psi will not be able to us it unless we change are pulleys. im not sure if it is possible to change the gearing in the snout. i hope not.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member

By mentioning the "stock pulley" is going to be utilized to make the 500 RWHP/500 RWTQ, it's a reference to say that it will be made with 8psi being as how there would be no way of us knowing his plans to increase psi with the same pulley size.

Users who are viewing this thread