Stiegemeier snake bite

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
wonder when he will choose the cars. any date on when we will know who will be chosen? 20 other eaton cars is a bit low in my opinion. i don't see to many other eaton cars pushing the limit of the eaton like the terminator guys. i would hope the majority of the 20 will be on terminators.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
after looking at the gt500 snake bite thread in the gt500 section it seems the terminator guys are more interested in this product then the gt500 guys.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
wonder when he will choose the cars. any date on when we will know who will be chosen? 20 other eaton cars is a bit low in my opinion. i don't see to many other eaton cars pushing the limit of the eaton like the terminator guys. i would hope the majority of the 20 will be on terminators.

after looking at the gt500 snake bite thread in the gt500 section it seems the terminator guys are more interested in this product then the gt500 guys.

I agree with both of you. And in my opinion, they majority of these should go to the 03/04's since there are much more owners interested in porting the eatons, than in the gt500 crowd.

IF it were my operation, I would offer 30 to the 03/04's, 20 to the gt500's, and 10 random "other" eaton powered cars.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Like the Eaton M-112 blower itself, the Stage I thru V ports are not rocket science. They all pretty much provided the power that we were told they would provide. The Stage V is touted as having a 5 peak RWHP improvement over a IV, and produce better performance at lower boost levels. Empircal evidence by end users has pretty much confirmed this, (although supporting mods and tuning parameters have made the 5 RWHP improvement vague on occasion).

Jake, you're my friend and I totally respect you, but to consistently bash Steigemeier because they would not provide you with financial assitance to run their product on your car, perplexes me. They are porters. And they have had some excellent success with the Terminator community doing porting. I do not recall them EVER providing free services to the top dogs for marketing purposes. Should that be grounds for "termination" of a relationship??? :beer:

I don't understand........Totally obvious that they are hoping that the serious Eaton folks are interested in this. The mod questions that are on the form are certainly in direct correlation to who has the setups capable of running well at the track and dyno.

There's only 20 of them Jake.....My wife's Mini Cooper has an Eaton on it and is eligible, but she'd kill me if I tried to "Snake Bite" it!! :lol:

thats where I disagee. my car never mad emore then 495 with 16psi and when asked again and again why, I got the typical response of "get rid of that cold air intake" and "gap your plugs at .038" answer. several people up here in this area jumped on the V port and made 480s w/ all the supporting mods. one of them posts on here and took the blower right off.

I tried and tried to figure out why I couldnt make that "magic" number and I wasnt helped at all. Myabe thats why I have a bitter taste in my mouth. As a business owner, customer satisfaction is a pretty big priority in my book if you want to go anywhere.

I dont see anything wrong with trying to be a R&D car to get some solid numbers for someone. TVS did it for Senkak. Hell, Naz cut me a deal and I plan to do a little write up on his lower intake. (Other things hindering me on that now) but thats just you get things moving imo. I figured my car never made what I was told it would make so here was a shot to do that.

and you know as well as I, all of the cars on here have the same or similar mods and dont make the same power. You could pick a car out of that form that has all the bells and whistles and makes 475rwhp because they do exist. then the same mods on another car makes 530rwhp. too many variances

In all honesty, people on these forums have a really hard time deciding if they should port the eaton, or go twin screw. your talking a $600 port or $3500 dollar blower. a higher priced port job will make that decision easier imo. I guess Im just with all the other guys because Im a past customer at this store that didnt get what was expected for their rpoduct / purchase, and the manager didnt want to help me out.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Weren't you running your dyno tests through an automatic? Your track MPH has always been one of the best in the history of the ported Eaton, even before your ET was approaching records and before you got a little more serious with weight reduction, correct?

I hit 130 MPH on 3 seperate occasions at a race weight of 3,700 lbs, so I know my setup was producing decent power. I could care a less about the dyno numbers.

That being said, you know more than anyone, that it takes certain parameters to maximize these setups, tuning among many others. My understanding is that the Steigemeier ports are done through the CNC process thus making every finished product identical. Thus, other factors could play a pretty big role in final power production, correct?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Weren't you running your dyno tests through an automatic? Your track MPH has always been one of the best in the history of the ported Eaton, even before your ET was approaching records and before you got a little more serious with weight reduction, correct?

I hit 130 MPH on 3 seperate occasions at a race weight of 3,700 lbs, so I know my setup was producing decent power. I could care a less about the dyno numbers.

That being said, you know more than anyone, that it takes certain parameters to maximize these setups, tuning among many others. My understanding is that the Steigemeier ports are done through the CNC process thus making every finished product identical. Thus, other factors could play a pretty big role in final power production, correct?

that 495 is through the 6 speed. it made 495/500 sae w/ 2.93/4# setup

Ill shoot you a pm instead of posting up more stuff in here.

no data but its been in r&d?

no details, its a secret!

no price, because its alot

just a good marketing post to get the buzz going. 7 pages in a few days about something no one knows about....

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
since Ive seen it posted elsewhere, Im curious as to the reaction of this

"I got my car back yesterday from Steigemeier and what a difference. He was shooting for 575 RWHP on my SC overhaul and he beat his expectations. The turned out 584 RWHP and 585 RWTQ. This is still with the stock pulley on it. The boost increased by about 5 PSI."

so from this paragraph, we know its probably "gearing" the rpms in the blower up w/ snout work and / or diff rotors. so you increase boost and gian some power w/ the same pulley which is cool, but why not just toss on a pulley? The 03/04 Cobra we ALL know that 16-17psi is basically the best area for these blowers because after that they fall on their face. You yourself even said so. Now people are going to be running stock pullies at 12psi and try to run 19-23 with pulley setups?

Just seems like a diff way of adding boost. maybe Im totally wrong.

ttk53

Established Member
since Ive seen it posted elsewhere, Im curious as to the reaction of this

"I got my car back yesterday from Steigemeier and what a difference. He was shooting for 575 RWHP on my SC overhaul and he beat his expectations. The turned out 584 RWHP and 585 RWTQ. This is still with the stock pulley on it. The boost increased by about 5 PSI."

so from this paragraph, we know its probably "gearing" the rpms in the blower up w/ snout work and / or diff rotors. so you increase boost and gian some power w/ the same pulley which is cool, but why not just toss on a pulley? The 03/04 Cobra we ALL know that 16-17psi is basically the best area for these blowers because after that they fall on their face. You yourself even said so. Now people are going to be running stock pullies at 12psi and try to run 19-23 with pulley setups?

Just seems like a diff way of adding boost. maybe Im totally wrong.

where is this post from? is that on a cobra or a GT500. I dont know how changing the rotors would be cost effective, since they are doing it for multiple cars. I have differnt rotors from Eaton (they just have a few deg more twist) and they help a good bit. my car doesn't fall off it makes peak power at like 6300.

Im gonna say that they didnt do a 4 lobe since im sure eaton has the paten on that. they have to made it into a screw type or something. and there really isnt any room in the front for gearing. and to get it to flow and extra 5psi is crazy. Looking forward to what they did but I dont see it being cost effective. might as well go twin screw.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
where is this post from? is that on a cobra or a GT500. I dont know how changing the rotors would be cost effective, since they are doing it for multiple cars. I have differnt rotors from Eaton (they just have a few deg more twist) and they help a good bit. my car doesn't fall off it makes peak power at like 6300.

Im gonna say that they didnt do a 4 lobe since im sure eaton has the paten on that. they have to made it into a screw type or something. and there really isnt any room in the front for gearing. and to get it to flow and extra 5psi is crazy. Looking forward to what they did but I dont see it being cost effective. might as well go twin screw.

its a GT500

Qwk GT

Established Member
2. SNAKE BITE pricing will be a set price, but depending on your mods, we will quote pricing on a multi level.
![/B]
Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

So there are going to be different stages to this snake bite, like the stg 1-5's? And each stg is a set price.

I'm so confused I just give up.....

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
every time i check this thread usually 5 other people are viewing it. we really do need more info on this.

if it is gearing some how then im out. i dont think thats anything special. all your doing is adding boost. that would not impress me any because we can already do that with pulleys. im really hoping this snakebite has nothing to do with gearing or adding boost. hopefully he has done something crazy to the port to not increase boost but increase efficiency. most of us hard core eaton guys are already pushing at least 16 pounds if not 18.

mustang john

Established Member
Im still betting its a TVS style rotor upgrade, thats the only plausible thing i can think of and if thats it it isnt gonna be cheap!

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Are those numbers any higher than what GT500's normally put down ported with 5 more psi? I'm not familiar with what they can make?

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
So there are going to be different stages to this snake bite, like the stg 1-5's? And each stg is a set price.

I'm so confused I just give up.....

My understanding from the posts are that the "snakebite" is like a stage 6. The different level of pricing I believe takes into account the supporting mods that you may need to run the setup safely accounting for the different price levels. Could be way off but thats what I take it as:shrug:

fudgerunyard

Banned
r
This all seems like a bad joke. Whatever happened to what you see is what you get when buying something. Now everyone is willing to fork over their hard earned dime for some mystery blower they know nothing about because someone gave it a cheesy name and is marketing it like a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory. I'm over it and not the least bit interested.

AMEN!!! I'm so sick of the whole cat-and-mouse game by the Steggy people. One would think that if this latest incantation of the venerable Eaton is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Steggy would be all too willing to go into details, which would in turn, make this supposed revolutionary product that much hotter.

MVD

Established Member
Im still betting its a TVS style rotor upgrade, thats the only plausible thing i can think of and if thats it it isnt gonna be cheap!

Whatever this upgrade it, I can tell you it is NOT new rotors. No one makes an aftermarket rotor pack for the M-112, and Bob S does not have the ability to make rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread