Stiegemeier Snake bite. omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussZTT

Established Member
Upgraded snout. The ONLY other way Bob is able to get more boost keeping the same rotors is gearing in the snout. I'm wondering if the rotors do have a different pitch.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
Although nothing against Steggy cause I actually like him and his business I am sure it has something to do with the underside of the plate!!!! It does kind of piss me of that I paid as much as I did for the stage 5 when this was being developed!!!!!

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I actually wonder if the people who are are getting this actually know what their paying for or just paying and putting back on.

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
seeing that long weld on the rotor case makes me believe that the case is machined. The heat would deflect the case and it wouldn't matter if you machined the case after.
That would explain why the stage 5 wasn't welded there.

How does the bypass work with that plate covering it?

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It has got be something(gearing/rotors) to get that much boost out of a pulley that size.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Just so you guys know...... Snake Bite spins 16,000 on stock pullies.

Open that thing up and take some pics.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well fedex droped it off today,and the Install started right after.

This is the best money I've ever spent on a single mod Period.
The cobra instantly spikes to 15-16 pounds of boost and holds with slight increase to about 16-17 lbs of boost
This is with stock lower and 3.25 upper

I will post up pics and vids sat or sun

The seat of the pants is feel crazy even with 19 deg of timing and a pig rich a/f of 10.3
I added alot of fuel and took some timing out of tune to be safe, until I can get to dyno.

Thanks Stiegmeier for a great product

SVTP stay tuned for dyno #'s and the true test at drag strip. florida rain suckes.

I ran 11.7-11.8 @ 117-119 before the snake bite with just upper 2.8,steeda cold air, on drag radials ,SRA. the car pulls so much harder now It is hard to put into words
the tq and hp power band is instant and hits hard and does not lose steam in higher rpm it just keeps coming I shifted each gear at 6500 and could not belive because it was pulling so hard.

Just my .02 cents I'M not a noob at mustangs I've had a few 10,11 sec cars and this is the best range of power I've every felt.

All I can say job well done Thanks Stiegmeier you have a customer for life.
:beer:

pics have been added

It's good to hear you are happy with your Steg Snakebite.
Maybe I'll see you at the OSW.
Who does your tuning?

-

wes302

Established Member
helped my brother install this last night. this car has so much more midrange torque its crazy. feels like it on a 200 shot compared to stock eaton. on his dr the car will spin tires from 2nd gear roll!!!!!!!! i thought he was wasting his money going ported stock stuff. this thing is crazy. well worth the money.

just wait till we post a vid of the way this eaton sounds. so different

i will try to film some vids today

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Have you had it on the dyno yet? The way its described sounds great, but the power #'s and IAT readings will help make my decision.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
so is steggy ever gonna come out and tell us how much this cost-whats different-what kind of constent safe boost it will make-anything???

Until then not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread