So many cobras going...

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Most being driven by guys younger than me and i'm 21. I just dont see how they can afford such a $$$ car.

Easy...mommy & daddy

As for why there seems to be more out there this year it's probably not one reason but a culmination of things. First there is gas. Then you have that they are now paid off and people are beginning to move one. The soft economy and being over-extended. If people are over-extended on homes you bet people are over-extended on cars too.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
Im not selling mine becaue I cannot afford it any longer. I am selling mine because it just sits. I am sick of being paranoid about a car (watch where i park, who parks next to me, where i go, wash it everytime i drive it, etc etc...). I want to get a truck or somethign of that nature so that i can drive it and not give a ****.

Im not selling mine, but i feel the exact same way as you. When i go anywhere in it i dont like taking my eyes off it. Good thing i have a DD.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Mine never leaved my site unless I leave it in my secure parking spot right in front of my bosses window at work, or with my tuner. If in doubt I take the Regal or FX.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
It's def. a buyers market right now. Look in the market section I've seem 'em as low as 18k.
If you think your gonna get top $ now your mistaken, better to sit on it if you can. Yep it sucks but it's still a fact. You may find a super clean snake being sold for asking price but with so many of 'em out there a buyer has plenty of choices to look elsewhere.
Good luck[ and I don't mean that sarcasticly] to you guys sellin'

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Very true about the economy, I had mine on the market for a month and only recieved 5 calls.(Bone stock low miles) People are really hurtin for cash these days. My reason to sell was I just never drive the damn thing, but I decided F*it I'll let it sit in my garage intil I'm ready to go apeshit on the mods!

:rockon:

My girl isn't going anywhere!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
that's a good point. Mines paid for, so that really isn't my motivation.

Mine is paid for too, I just put mine for sale to see if I could get what I want for it. I've put 800 miles on it since I put the CCWs on it at the end of March. I just don't drive it...I have no time...and it sucks!

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Im not selling mine becaue I cannot afford it any longer. I am selling mine because it just sits. I am sick of being paranoid about a car (watch where i park, who parks next to me, where i go, wash it everytime i drive it, etc etc...). I want to get a truck or somethign of that nature so that i can drive it and not give a ****.

You'll miss the car in a month. I've been through the same thing as you - sold it to get a Tundra and boy did I miss the hell out of having a ballsy V8car with a blower and 6 gears. Once you're hooked or have that speed gene, you'll never be away for good.

Shin

Established Member
Yes yes I too am taking advantage of this situation
As soon as my SRT4 sells I'll be picking one up...the way I see it my mpg will be about the same and my insurance quote is 1100 for the year so i'll be able to afford it.

And to you guys complaining about gas i pay 5.20 KYD which is 6.19USD per gallon :(
be happy that you get it so cheap!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to toss in that many who are selling their Terminators have put a lot of money into them, and they would expect to continue to put money into them. That was a big reason for me selling mine. It was a money pit. LOL! Too many available mods. And the temptation to mod is high. JMO.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
paid in full and i drive it maybe 1 - 2k a year. I bought mine when i was a bit older after I knew i could afford it.

Mine isnt going anywhere...EVER

overall though, I have noticed over the past 24 months..interest/attendance in car meets and shows has been down over years past. There are many things to attest to this.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
i have been thinking about selling mine to pick up a C5 Z06... the prices on the Z06 have come down ALOT, and are quite affordable now. i plan to go test drive a Z06 next week sometime to see if that is really what i want to do. i have never driven one or even ridden in one...

i remember talking to you right before you got your cobra... Since then i sold mine for a c6. I say go for a C5 zo6. I dont know why i waited so long!!! The cobra is great, for one thing...to go fast. Thats it. The vette is an all around performer. You might miss the blower whine, but you will appreciate the vettes smoothness, power, and comfort. :beer:

Shin

Established Member
Hey Shin,
Are there any Cobra's on Grand Cayman?

1 Terminator
and 2 Shelby GT500's

Hopefully in a few months me and my brother will be adding 2 more Cobras.

Unfortunately the drivers can't drive to save their lives so no one knows what the car is capable of unless you're a Mustang fan.

SpectorV

Established Member
sheeple are freaking out that gas is going to cost to much and they have to sell like everyone else is doing~

whitetrash1

Established Member
i am considering getting rid of mine for a crew cab truck soon. trucj just fits what i need better. if i decide to trade it in though i will find a nice fox body coupe to build

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i remember talking to you right before you got your cobra... Since then i sold mine for a c6. I say go for a C5 zo6. I dont know why i waited so long!!! The cobra is great, for one thing...to go fast. Thats it. The vette is an all around performer. You might miss the blower whine, but you will appreciate the vettes smoothness, power, and comfort. :beer:

yeah, i seem to be following in your footsteps, lol. the hardest thing for me is than i am truely a ford guy at heart... although i have always liked the corvette.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
yeah, i seem to be following in your footsteps, lol. the hardest thing for me is than i am truely a ford guy at heart... although i have always liked the corvette.

Same here. I had two cobras in a row. But take my word. Go drive a zo6 and a c6. :beer: Thank me after lol

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Gas prices suck ass for sure, but I enjoy driving to and from work in my car. I bought my car to drive and have fun with it. Not sit in my garage and collect 1 to 2 thousand miles a year. You never know when your number is gonna be called ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread