So many cobras going...

GodStang

Established Member
I'm going to toss in that many who are selling their Terminators have put a lot of money into them, and they would expect to continue to put money into them. That was a big reason for me selling mine. It was a money pit. LOL! Too many available mods. And the temptation to mod is high. JMO.

Quitter!!

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I drive mine maybe 1/3k and year and love it as a 2nd/ or 3rd vechile I have to drive.
All though my RS6 drinks fuel to as well and my turbo deisel dually loves to gulp it.
Dang everything I drive drinks escessive amouts or fuel :(
I need a 4cylinder something or another soon LOL

Jefe

Established Member
Now If I could sell my car, I could pick one up!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Just like life everything gets old...
Sad but its life....
I never thought I would give up my 03 snake but life calls...

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I wonder how many of the 20 K plus built Cobras are left.

It's funny the first brand new car I ever bought was an 88 LX 5.0. Was living up north back then, cared for that car as if it was my first born, parked it in the winters never drove it in the rain, would have bet anybody a thousand dollars that I would have kept it for ever. Well here we are 20 year later, and probably 20 cars later..
In a strange way, by not driving the Cobra for weeks on end keeps me from getting bored of it, I guess.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
i remember talking to you right before you got your cobra... Since then i sold mine for a c6. I say go for a C5 zo6. I dont know why i waited so long!!! The cobra is great, for one thing...to go fast. Thats it. The vette is an all around performer. You might miss the blower whine, but you will appreciate the vettes smoothness, power, and comfort. :beer:

Screw refined comfort, I want brutal HP with a whine. ;)

P.S. I have no interest in corners because I value my life and car and I know I would end up messing up one of them if I was carving corners. ;)

Last edited:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
I'm going to toss in that many who are selling their Terminators have put a lot of money into them, and they would expect to continue to put money into them. That was a big reason for me selling mine. It was a money pit. LOL! Too many available mods. And the temptation to mod is high. JMO.

i agree with the above statement................they are money pits & im in already in 14k on my cobra and i need a tranny replacement and want headers so i can be in the exclusive 600rwhp club.....so for now money is tight, life is hard but i would never give up my babe no matter what till this point i hope to one day give it to my son when he is old enough and i dont mean 18 probably 25 or around that age........car is a toy not daily driven they are fun but they are expensive to enjoy and mod when done properly of course. 2004 just hit 19k miles driven 3x in 2.5months for a total of 80miles if that

p.s. i hope i made sense, if not input please.:read:

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just like life everything gets old...
Sad but its life....
I never thought I would give up my 03 snake but life calls...

I bought my 95 used in 97. Drove it as a DD for awhile right now it sits with 135K on the clock. I will never sell it. People who get bored with them are not true enthusiasts. there are legitimate reasons to sell them .. boredom is not one of them

Silverboost

Established Member
keeping mine forever. I bought a 99 Civic so I could park it in the garage. By just buying the Civic I am saving over $200 a month in gas not to mention tires, expensive oil, clutch, etc...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
BINGO! If someone walked up and handed by $30K in cash tomorrow I had him the title and my keys and tell him to have fun!

(then I'd go out and buy another!)

Some things can't be replaced with money. I bought my Torch Red 10th Anniversary Cobra in the summer of 06 with 372 miles on it. It took me well over a year of looking for the perfect car. I bought it from a really nice guy in Texas that sold it to me for a great price and included every piece of documentation you can think of. . . .and then some more. The car was bone stock and when it was dropped off at my front door it still had the stickers on the radio and floormates. The original owner even kept all the stuff that came off the car and passed it to me (red sticker that came on gas pedal from the factory, plastic coverings, the book that came with all the 03's, . . . you name it, I got it).

I had to have a bone stock Torch red Cobra with with low miles. The fact it was a 10th Anniversary with 372 miles on the clock was just a huge bonus. There is no way I could run into another situation like that because it was impossible I did the first time around. So I couldn't sell my car even if someone offered me $40,000 for it. But that is only because I place more value in a car other than what it was built for.

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Meh...let them sell. I might just pick up another. Bought the 03 in Dec, bought a 90 LX 5.0 last month. Still have an 04 GT, 94 conv, and 66 fastback, I'm missing a few models in there. 03 will be paid off this month so it's time to start looking for something else to add...

BTW, my dd is a company truck they pay gas on, the cars sit for the most part. But it's a hell of a rush going from a work truck to this car power-wise...now I just need more.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I got mine 3 months ago, and if I waited, I could have probably gotten a better deal, or at least not had such a problem getting the deal I got. It was under kbb, but still makes me wonder how much of a better deal I would have gotten if I waited.

As far as selling it, maybe its because I just got it, but I love this car. I will keep it as long as I am financially ok.

Users who are viewing this thread