So many cobras going...

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Last time i checked they have been for sale everywhere for the pst couple years. I was lucky when i bought mine a couple years ago. I bought fr x amount of dollars, then drove it for a year and a half, then turned arond and sold it for the same amount i paid for it. Mine was warranty and i did not mod it becuase of that, so yeah i got bored of it. Felt like a pig. You need to pully those things and start running the risk of future expensive repairs to get it to go anywhere. I dont think they are very expensive. There expensive for some people becase they dont know how to managemoney. Some people take out loans for almost what the car is worth. I put down enough money where my payments are around 200 bucks a year for four years. Anything else is just plain retarded.

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
Maybe I should buy one more cobra. Who has a sonic blue cobra for sell.:burnout:

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I dont think its mods so much as it is gas prices. I bought mine as a weekend driver but drove it all week just because its so damn fun to drive! But i started feeling the affects of $4.25+ gas prices and driving it the way i enjoy. Its just not worth going through $60 a day... and it doesnt help that all my cars (3 - 2 V8's and a big V6) only use 93 octane. So now i have to conciously refrain from driving it as much as i want to. As far as mods go, its no different today than yester-year. If you cant afford a twin screw right now, then just wait until you save enough where you can. It would be stupid if someone would sell their car because they cant get a whipple "right now."

As for my car, its never going anywhere.

I'd sell my balls before my cars.:D

:lol:
:beer:

Last edited:

Nino S

Established Member
I love my car way to much to sell it no matter how bad times are right now. The only way that I would even consider dumping my car was if I could not cover my house payment! And if it even got to that point I think I would find some other way to come up with the cash. I have had my car for just over 2 years and seem to love it more and more each day, lol

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i have been thinking about selling mine to pick up a C5 Z06... the prices on the Z06 have come down ALOT, and are quite affordable now. i plan to go test drive a Z06 next week sometime to see if that is really what i want to do. i have never driven one or even ridden in one...

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I think part of the reason is a bad economy and ruff times but also alot of guys have owned these cars for 5 years now and are just losing interest.

i have been thinking about selling mine to pick up a C5 Z06... the prices on the Z06 have come down ALOT, and are quite affordable now. i plan to go test drive a Z06 next week sometime to see if that is really what i want to do. i have never driven one or even ridden in one...

I feel you brother. They are fast bone stock, cheaper now than I ever thought they would be and they get way better fuel economy than a Termie. That being said, I still would never sell my Termie. The blower whine is addictive and the car is simply too explosive.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will buy an econo DD when I get back. Both my Cobras are paid for so they can sit covered until a show, track event, or if I just want to take it out. Insurance at my age is not expensive at all.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member

once you test drive it you wont be looking back :burnout:

kwlscott

Established Member
i think that there might be a couple more for sale than usuall because most of the original owner '03's are paid for now. if you financed for 60 months then that baby's paid for and it's time to come up with a down payment on a gt 500, z06, or whatever else floats your boat. even the o/o '04's are down to 12 months or so to being paid off and lets face it-that's when it makes the most sense to sale or trade a car, the warranties are up and she ain't smelling quite as new as she used to. all in all though-i don't see myslef ever selling!

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
i think that there might be a couple more for sale than usuall because most of the original owner '03's are paid for now. if you financed for 60 months then that baby's paid for and it's time to come up with a down payment on a gt 500, z06, or whatever else floats your boat. even the o/o '04's are down to 12 months or so to being paid off and lets face it-that's when it makes the most sense to sale or trade a car, the warranties are up and she ain't smelling quite as new as she used to. all in all though-i don't see myslef ever selling!

my thoughts exactly, though mine still smells new. i thought they would have dropped as soon as the gt500's came out. too bad they are rapping people on the prices of them

rexisme

Established Member
Im not selling mine becaue I cannot afford it any longer. I am selling mine because it just sits. I am sick of being paranoid about a car (watch where i park, who parks next to me, where i go, wash it everytime i drive it, etc etc...). I want to get a truck or somethign of that nature so that i can drive it and not give a ****.

03sm3341

Established Member
It will be a sad day if i'm ever forced to sell mine. This is the first year in my area there has been a buch of 03/04's running around. Most being driven by guys younger than me and i'm 21. I just dont see how they can afford such a $$$ car. The only reason i have mine is 50+ hours at work a week.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Im not selling mine becaue I cannot afford it any longer. I am selling mine because it just sits. I am sick of being paranoid about a car (watch where i park, who parks next to me, where i go, wash it everytime i drive it, etc etc...). I want to get a truck or somethign of that nature so that i can drive it and not give a ****.

then make sure you dont get a L, HD F150, and srt-10 ram cause you will have the same problem lol

Users who are viewing this thread