Since when did Mustangs become hipster cars?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Been stationed here about 4 times when I wasn't in the Middle East, Texas or California. Founding Member of Southern Mustang and Ford but just got affiliated with Low Country Muscle. Usually visit cars and coffee in Mount P on the weekends. Not sure if all that helps....
Welcome to the Low Country. Home of amazing food.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
No but it sure is clean. Here are the two I had mostly back then...

Shane right?

I think you were friends with Shane schwageal and Tim Yaegar and all them dudes. I was younger back then (18 or so). Also had an immaculate 86 GT in windveil blue

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
LOL, no one said exactly that...A purpose built FI race car that has been engineered, produced by a factory backed team is leaps and bounds different from what you, I, or anyone else here will achieve in our garage.

FWIW I have a vortech v2 tuner kit and certainly don't plan on any road course, lap attack work with it...I am just hoping to get off the D team, maybe make Houston C team.
I figured you'd get a giggle out of that one

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Shane right?

I think you were friends with Shane schwageal and Tim Yaegar and all them dudes. I was younger back then (18 or so). Also had an immaculate 86 GT in windveil blue
Yeah man, that's me. Tim and I were great friends. I really miss his Saleen!

blk02edge

Established Member
Maybe for you. To me the reward is winning.
Whats going to happen when the manuals have all died off? Its going to be impossible to lose, yet... Only one person can win??? Head exploded.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Whats going to happen when the manuals have all died off? Its going to be impossible to lose, yet... Only one person can win??? Head exploded.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the faster auto...lol.

_Snake_

Established Member
It's so much more rewarding when you race people and they realize you aren't power adding.

With that said I eventually plan on a positive displacement somewhere around 700rwhp. It is going to be a daily after all.

But yes, I very much so "am that guy" and have been.

Agreed. But there's no reward for losing. :)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The Honda Ridgeline is the hipster douche mobile. It is a truck without all those truck abilities like towing, hauling, off road prowess.

Hipsters want to look outdoorsy, like they do more than sharpen crayons, like they do more than drink lattes and jerk each other off under the Starbucks’ table but without the actual work and outdoors.

It is why they ride metric cruisers. They want to look like they ride Harleys without the sound, vibration, and smell.

Ridgeline is the poster vehicle for hipsters.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dusten

Established Member
The Honda Ridgeline is the hipster douche mobile. It is a truck without all those truck abilities like towing, hauling, off road prowess.

Hipsters want to look outdoorsy, like they do more than sharpen crayons, like they do more than drink lattes and jerk each other off under the Starbucks’ table but without the actual work and outdoors.

It is why they ride metric cruisers. They want to look like they ride Harleys without the sound, vibration, and smell.

That goes beyond hipsters. Modern people want the appearance of hard work without working. Look at new subdivisions. Everything is luxury appearing but shit quality

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You miss the joke man. If people buy autos to win... Well... I just find it funny that "I like to win" is a reason to buy an auto. Its really not a reason haha
I got the joke....I guess you missed mine. The "I like to win" is hella true and for a strip car with the right set-up and tune it's hard to beat. But I agree with you that it isn't why you buy an auto but why you build an auto. I went on my little rant earlier because of the stereotype. Manuals are more fun no doubt...but that doesn't mean they are superior nor are they, for the strip. It really boils down to what you want out of your car. How often do I track my car these days...little. So then my autos are faster is pretty much out the window. Am I lazier in my old age...yeah. Did my 11 5.0 hurt me physically to drive it..yeah. We all have our reasons. Quick story...I trolled this Corvette owner at the track one day pretty hard till he raced me. He had a C5 spraying with full exhaust and some other stuff. I told him I just had an 02 auto with bolt-ons. He laughed at me and I ran a 7.5 in the 8th which is a turtle but his turtle ran a 8.1. He left the track immediately. Of course I never told him I was procharged with a race transmission, 2800 stall and 4.10 gears with slicks. Now I have 200 more HP than that in an auto...life is good. :)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Lmao! Quality post right here

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Lets put this to bed you old grouchy hipsters

Auto's are faster for drag racing.
Manuals are more fun for playing with your dipstick

You can claim manuals are dying, but so far they are still humming along manufacturing wise. I know because I work in the automotive manufacturing bizz and see all of the data to support it.

Between 2015-2018 MY US cars and trucks:

52,558,654 produced
1,017,614 of them are manuals.

I use this data for analytics at my job. We pay big moonies for it. I can get super granular with it too.

Users who are viewing this thread