Since when did Mustangs become hipster cars?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ahhhh you’re the ‘i want to keep it NA’ guy. It is becoming clearer now.....

LMFAO...I want to cry when I think about the money I wasted trying to ring everything I could out of NA setups on previous cars, heads, cams, intake manifolds...monumental waste of ****ing time and money. Go FI, buy once, cry once...

Zemedici

Established Member
LMFAO...I want to cry when I think about the money I wasted trying to ring everything I could out of NA setups on previous cars, heads, cams, intake manifolds...monumental waste of ****ing time and money. Go FI, buy once, cry once...

bingo.....i've got a ton of customers that go the whole NA route, only to find they'd make 200whp more than they currently are if they spent the same amount of money, only going FI.

Its 2018 guys, use FI.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
bingo.....i've got a ton of customers that go the whole NA route, only to find they'd make 200whp more than they currently are if they spent the same amount of money, only going FI.

Its 2018 guys, use FI.

Definitely and the setups for centrifugal blowers, pd blowers etc have factory like fit and finish these days, very complete kits. You won't look like a mad scientist with a ****ed up science project.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I know it's not the point of this thread but i prefer NA. Granted i do road course driving, so that heavily influences my bias, but i also just prefer the power delivery. To each his own.

and that's fine, you have a purpose in mind, the road course. I would agree NA is best there, could definitely see some endurance issues, not to mention the added weight of an FI setup on the nose of the car.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Ahhhh you’re the ‘i want to keep it NA’ guy. It is becoming clearer now.....

It's so much more rewarding when you race people and they realize you aren't power adding.

With that said I eventually plan on a positive displacement somewhere around 700rwhp. It is going to be a daily after all.

But yes, I very much so "am that guy" and have been.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I need to V3 my foxy lady

giphy.webp

Zemedici

Established Member
It's so much more rewarding when you race people and they realize you aren't power adding.

With that said I eventually plan on a positive displacement somewhere around 700rwhp. It is going to be a daily after all.

But yes, I very much so "am that guy" and have been.

So if you lose, and they're running a power adder, you dont think you lost? I dont follow.

Fast is fast. 700whp is 700whp - All I'm saying is you'll spend 3x as much going NA. If not more. And it wont have good street manners.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
OP doesn't realize the original 64-1/2 mustang was intended to be a "secretaries car." Plenty of flower power hippies were driving them.

Nothing has changed since then. Vast majority of base (v6 and 4cyl) model mustang owners probably could care less about getting oil on their hands or racing.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
The original Mustang was DESIGNED to look European lol

So that doesn't make sense. Nor does the thought of Hipsters' cars = European. I'd say they are more Japanese cars than anything. Mainly Toyota and Scion.

I think that the original Mustang was an American design made to look European where as the current Mustang is a European design made to look American.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Sorry, can someone tell me exactly what a "hipster" car is? Or what/who is a hipster? And what's bad about them?

I always thought hipster cars were eco friendly shit boxes, prius, hybrid hondas and the like...

Do some douchebags that kinda look hipster-ish drive mustangs, sure, but it's not a hipster car in the least. The mustang is a crowd killah, makes war, not love :D

2016.4.12-Ford-Mustang-Memes-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread