NXSVTCOBRA

99riocobra said:
oatmeal raisin sounds good to me.
p7070231pb6.jpg

just for you

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
well the thread got away from the topic.....but to sum up, all I meant was my car is a cobra, has everything urs does minus the vin. Your's are genuine cobras and mines a swapped cobra, and thats fine to me. Back to the original post: Theres a big difference between me rocking the badges, and a true v6. I have a lil bit to back it up... I don't like people who have v6s or gts and badge them as cobras, roushs, saleens, etc. It's not true, they don't have the powerplants to back that up. For those that want me to go badgeless, am I also supposed to go badgeless on the motor by removing the cobra on the intake manifold???? Bottom line, I just wanted a car project. I narrowed it down to doing a cobra or a supra, and finacially the cobra was cheaper. I made the right choice as I love the car. Like I have said, didn't mean to ever diss anyone in here. I just feel I have the same as everyone else in here. But, all of urs are worth more, because of the vin. I understand that, just want everyone to understand I have the same as all of you, and I come to here as an awesome knowledge base for answers and questions for cobras, since mine is a swap.

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

2000SuperStang said:
well the thread got away from the topic.....but to sum up, all I meant was my car is a cobra, has everything urs does minus the vin. Your's are genuine cobras and mines a swapped cobra, and thats fine to me. Back to the original post: Theres a big difference between me rocking the badges, and a true v6. I have a lil bit to back it up... I don't like people who have v6s or gts and badge them as cobras, roushs, saleens, etc. It's not true, they don't have the powerplants to back that up. For those that want me to go badgeless, am I also supposed to go badgeless on the motor by removing the cobra on the intake manifold???? Bottom line, I just wanted a car project. I narrowed it down to doing a cobra or a supra, and finacially the cobra was cheaper. I made the right choice as I love the car. Like I have said, didn't mean to ever diss anyone in here. I just feel I have the same as everyone else in here. But, all of urs are worth more, because of the vin. I understand that, just want everyone to understand I have the same as all of you.
no, your car is NOT a cobra, I think the point I was trying to make was a little misleading.

I'm done with this thread

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
well the thread got away from the topic.....but to sum up, all I meant was my car is a cobra, has everything urs does minus the vin. Your's are genuine cobras and mines a swapped cobra, and thats fine to me. Back to the original post: Theres a big difference between me rocking the badges, and a true v6. I have a lil bit to back it up... I don't like people who have v6s or gts and badge them as cobras, roushs, saleens, etc. It's not true, they don't have the powerplants to back that up. For those that want me to go badgeless, am I also supposed to go badgeless on the motor by removing the cobra on the intake manifold???? Bottom line, I just wanted a car project. I narrowed it down to doing a cobra or a supra, and finacially the cobra was cheaper. I made the right choice as I love the car. Like I have said, didn't mean to ever diss anyone in here. I just feel I have the same as everyone else in here. But, all of urs are worth more, because of the vin. I understand that, just want everyone to understand I have the same as all of you, and I come to here as an awesome knowledge base for answers and questions for cobras, since mine is a swap.

you just don't get it.

If you would have said, hey, I think the cobras look cool on the side of the car, I don't care what you think, I would have said, ok fine.

But now claiming that you have a cobra, you are actually getting abrasive. its not a cobra, no matter what motor is in there.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
yeah...lemme go throw some saleen wheels and body kit and emblems on and i'll have a saleen cobra!! you know how rare those are? it'll be worth a fortune...

you think it's bad in here...try making a faleen and say it's real...you will get your ass chewed 100x worse than this...

01 Venom

Established Member
you car is not a Cobra its a V6, as quad said do what makes you happy, but you DO NOT HAVE a cobra.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
omg, u guys aren't getting it. Too much damn pride...... It is not a v6!!! If I have questions I don't go to 3.8L land forum, I come here. Mine equals urs in terms of drivetrain, I just want to come here for answers, jeez.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
omg, u guys aren't getting it. Too much damn pride...... It is not a v6!!! If I have questions I don't go to 3.8L land forum, I come here. Mine equals urs in terms of drivetrain, I just want to come here for answers, jeez.

that's fine come here for answers...but it is a v6 car w/ cobra drivetrain swap...but the car is not a cobra...

mangemd

Established Member
01 Venom said:
+1 thats all we are saying
+2
You have a v6 car with a Cobra drivetrain which does not equal an SVT Ford Mustang Cobra. It equals a Ford Mustang (v6 model) with a Cobra drivetrain. If you ever sell it, are you going to try to pass it off as a Cobra? Don't think that'll work.

It's just like the old Camaros I used to monkey with. Everyone wanted to take a 6cyl and stuff a 350 under the hood and then badge it as an 'SS'. You'd be best off calling your car a 'Cobra clone'.

Just my 2 cents.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Here's a good one for you all.
I built an 04 body in white from the ground up.
It now has a 5.4 32V in it, FRPP T56, 04 Cobra IRS,
04 Cobra front and rear bumper covers, 04 Cobra Decklid and spoiler,
00 "R" wheels (genuine FRPP), a complete 04 Cobra interior,
FRPP 00"R" Cobra hood, Cobra fender and grille emblems, etc.
It has no VIN yet, as it is a body in white.
It eventually will get inspected and have a VIN.
Is it a Cobra?
Does it deserve to be called a Cobra?
Here's a couple pics so you can decide.

Started with this:
IMG_0248.gif

Under the hood months ago:
IMG_0989.gif

Side from months ago:
IMG_0985.gif

Underhood now:
IMG_1251.gif

Video:
th_MVI_1266.gif

So does it deserve to be called a Cobra?

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
You're right.
Technically it is not a Cobra.
However, since my DD is a Mach 1, and this one is in the garage,
it is referred to by myself and my buddies as "The Cobra".
I must admit, the car is pretty amazing, and it has surprised me in many ways.
See the thread on the Mach 1 Registry in my sig for its "blog".

Users who are viewing this thread