Saw a GT500..... NOT!!!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
So yesterday I was out mowing my lawn in Lincoln, Kansas; population 1200 give or take.... when I see a S197 mustang go past, no big deal. That's when I did a double and triple take after I saw the 4" tall snake on the front fender and the Shelby faux gas cap on the rear. Then as the car comes to a stop the make a right turn. I look closer and think WTF??? Only one exhaust tip and a V6 bumper???? It's a FAKE.

Turns out that the car belongs to a local girl that mommy and daddy bought a V6 Mustang for who after a few months of ownership wrecked. I guess during the repairs and repaint a few shelby badges here and a snake emblem there were thought to be much better looking.

I was ****ing filthy, sweating with grass clippings stuck to me, my jeans were still dirty from work and despite all this I almost went and got in my 99 to go say what's up and to ask her "If she wanted to race a real Cobra?"

The whole fakesnake thing had never bothered me until yesterday, I guess seeing it instead of just hearing about it made me react different. :fm: I'm looking forward to seeing that car again, hopefully I'll be in my Cobra!

cobrakiss

Established Member
Yeah that is kinda irritating isn't it!! There's 3 stangs local to me that have Cobra wheels on em but are Gt's and one 6stanger.....I mean yeah the cobra wheels are kewl on em but at least change the friggin center caps geez!!! Don't badge anything it's not.....I lot of people with classic vettes w stick L82 badges on a L48 to rob some extra cash when selling it....not kewl.....But hey to quote a very good friend of mine " your badges have no affect on me" :).

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
PUSHA TON said:
So the **** what???

So the f uck what??? So I thought I was looking at a GT500 in my small town in Kansas but it turned out to be a fake and a V6 at that. Can I explain it any better for you? :bored:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
is it really that big a deal?

I never understood why people got fired up about this.

you have a cobra. If people think hers is a cobra/GT500, so what. It doesn't affect you in any way.

snakebite72

Established Member
well there is a blue 06 GT nearby and yesturday i saw it again with a front clip and a rear of a shelby with the emblems tho it look good i know is a fake hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!!

PUSHA TON

Established Member
i could careless what you 2 think about me. The fact is this site is not what it used to be. I guess to many John Q. publics got their hands on cobras.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I agree Quad. Remember when this site used to be about tech issues?

So, does putting an 03/04 motor in your 99/01 make it a fake Terminator?

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
quadcammer said:
is it really that big a deal?

I never understood why people got fired up about this.

you have a cobra. If people think hers is a cobra/GT500, so what. It doesn't affect you in any way.

Quad--- You bitch about mustangs more than anyone else on this site. Can I bitch about something just once, please?

Pusha Ton--- Ok, what have you done lately to make this a better site?

Somehow my trying to convey the dissapointment that I felt in thinking I saw a real GT500 here in nowhere Kansas was lost between the submit button and both of your computer screens.

I'll just stick to bringing the tech like usual because as usual anything else brings the asshats out from under the rocks.

Quadcammer

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Quad--- You bitch about mustangs more than anyone else on this site. Can I bitch about something just once, please?

Somehow my trying to convey the dissapointment that I felt in thinking I saw a real GT500 here in nowhere Kansas was lost between the submit button and both of your computer screens.

I'll just stick to bringing the tech like usual because as usual anything else brings the asshats out from under the rocks.

bitch all you want guy. I just feel justified in my complaints about mustangs. I just never understood the whole badging deal.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
id rather not post than to post " wash the car, took some pics." or better yet "raced a ???????" THIS SAME SHIT, POSTED OVER AND OVER IS REALLY PUSHING ME INTO BUYING A VETTE.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
PUSHA TON said:
id rather not post than to post " wash the car, took some pics." or better yet "raced a ???????" THIS SAME SHIT, POSTED OVER AND OVER IS REALLY PUSHING ME INTO BUYING A VETTE.

Obviously you've never visited a vette forum. The more expensive the car gets, the worse it gets. But that would mean you'd be bitching over there instead of here so... :shrug:

And are you seriously basing the purchase of a car over which type of car forum is better?

EDIT for engrish

Last edited:

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
Boss75 said:
Obviously you've never visited a vette forum. The more expensive the car gets, the worse it gets. But that would mean you'd be bitching over there instead of here so... :shrug:

And are you seriously going base purchasing a car over a decision of which car forum is better?
LOL!!:pop:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:

couldn't have worded any of this better.

quadcammer said:
bitch all you want guy. I just feel justified in my complaints about mustangs. I just never understood the whole badging deal.
you know, we each have our own complaints that we feel are justified. in your case it's everything about mustangs EXCEPT for fake badging. in 99COBRA2881's case it is fake badging. personally, this is also one of my biggest car pet peeves. i absolutely hate it when a gt, or even worse a v6 has cobra badges on it. not all of you on here feel this way, but i am actually proud to own a cobra. i paid for a real one and i am in some ways insulted when a v6 rolls around with a cobra in the grill and on the fenders.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
99riocobra said:
couldn't have worded any of this better.

you know, we each have our own complaints that we feel are justified. in your case it's everything about mustangs EXCEPT for fake badging. in 99COBRA2881's case it is fake badging. personally, this is also one of my biggest car pet peeves. i absolutely hate it when a gt, or even worse a v6 has cobra badges on it. not all of you on here feel this way, but i am actually proud to own a cobra. i paid for a real one and i am in some ways insulted when a v6 rolls around with a cobra in the grill and on the fenders.

I was with you until the end. What did an 99 cobra go for in 04? Maybe 16 or 17k? What does a brand new 04 V6 cost? About 17k. What did a 97 cobra cost in 04, maybe 13k?

So basically, anybody could have bought a cobra vs a V6.

If it was some super rare, super expensive job, I could understand, but there is only like a 10k difference between a cobra and a 6 banger, brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread