Saw a GT500..... NOT!!!

jcobra

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
So the f uck what??? So I thought I was looking at a GT500 in my small town in Kansas but it turned out to be a fake and a V6 at that. Can I explain it any better for you? :bored:

Wow, you really get worked up over stupid shit. There is help out there for people like you.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I don't like centri chargers, I don't like blue cars, I don't like manual trans/turbo combinations, I don't like convertibles, I don't like air shocks, I don't like racing stripes on Mustangs, I don't like flowmasters on v-6 cars, I also can't stand the sound of Borla Stingers, I don't like a lot of things. However, some people do like those things and if they want them it's there choice and no one can stop them. A badge is a badge and a Cobra is a mustang no matter what way you look at it.

As long as my car is not a blue, convertible with a manual trans backed turbo'd motor riding on air shocks, with stingers and racing stripes I'm a happy camper. If someone chooses to own such ann animal, more power to them.

NXSVTCOBRA

01 Venom said:
I dont like making your car look like another production also, like Cobra R body kits, or terminator Body kits. If you wanted to look like that why didnt you buy one?
that would be senseless to go out and buy a terminator because you like the looks of it. When you could just spend a grand or so buy some bumpers side skirts and a wing. Point is, maybe everyone doesn't have the luxury of going out and buying whatever car they like the looks of. I've seen plenty of 2003/2004 Cobra swaps on v6 mustangs that I wouldn't have known they were v6's until I was told, and there are some that I still don't believe are v6 cars. Why would someone go and get rid of a v6 car that they paid $5k or so for, and buy a $25k terminator when you could pick up a salvage title, or certificate of destruction 03/04 for about $4k +/- (depending what auction you shop at) and just swap everything over? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

01 Venom

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
that would be senseless to go out and buy a terminator because you like the looks of it. When you could just spend a grand or so buy some bumpers side skirts and a wing. Point is, maybe everyone doesn't have the luxury of going out and buying whatever car they like the looks of. I've seen plenty of 2003/2004 Cobra swaps on v6 mustangs that I wouldn't have known they were v6's until I was told, and there are some that I still don't believe are v6 cars. Why would someone go and get rid of a v6 car that they paid $5k or so for, and buy a $25k terminator when you could pick up a salvage title, or certificate of destruction 03/04 for about $4k +/- (depending what auction you shop at) and just swap everything over? :shrug:

I suppose they could do all that, but since we are talking about opinions I really think thats gay. A V6 swapped to a V8 and body kitted is a retarded thing to do, unless you do all the work yourself which is extensive. I dont believe you that it would be cheaper then dumping your V6 and just buy the real thing. It will always be a V6 in my eyes always. Not to mention ever try and sell a swapped car like that? there is a reason the value drops so hard when you do things like that.

Be proud of what you own or get rid of it. Its all about beeing true to yourself and take pride in what you have. Why in gods green earth would you want a perfectly mean looking Cobra to look exactly like a Cobra a few years younger?

Last edited:

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
01 Venom said:
I suppose they could do all that, but since we are talking about opinions I really think thats gay. A V6 swapped to a V8 and body kitted is a retarded thing to do, unless you do all the work yourself which is extensive. I dont believe you that it would be cheaper then dumping your V6 and just buy the real thing. It will always be a V6 in my eyes always. Not to mention ever try and sell a swapped car like that? there is a reason the value drops so hard when you do things like that.

Be proud of what you own or get rid of it. Its all about beeing true to yourself and take pride in what you have. Why in gods green earth would you want a perfectly mean looking Cobra to look exactly like a Cobra a few years younger?

Yes, it is true. I spent far far far less by doing this, and I have the car I wanted, the way I want it by doing it myself. Anybody can go to a lot pick out what they want, and be happy taking it to shops to have stuff done. And thats fine, I understand. But I like nothing better on the weekends then working on the thing. Isn't this what true car guys did back in the day swapping stuff?? I'm on my 4th mustang and absolutely love the cars to death. The 2000 cobra r is by far my favorite, shortly followed by the termi, both of which are out of reach for a weekend car for me. I have an '06 stang as a daily driver, so my cobra swap is just for fun, hardly drive it. I'm not claiming it to be a genuine cobra. I know damn well when I sell it it will be as a v6, which is fine. I don't have any intentions of getting rid of it for years. It's purely badged for the motor. And the badges deserve to be there. IMO, it looks retarded badgeless, plus everyones like wtf...and especially if it has the v6 badges. I'm not trying to trample anyone's toes here at all, so dont take it the wrong way.

NXSVTCOBRA

01 Venom said:

Okay so you are suggesting, lets just say in my case *if* I were to want to do a swap on my wifes' car which is a 2000 v6, you are implying that it would be retarded or gay for me to purchase a complete car to do a swap (which I have an account with a couple of auctions in a 500 mile radius of me and I see what 03/04 cobra's go for) and have everything that an 03/04 cobra has? You honestly think it would be cheaper to sell the car for however much with 120k miles on it and purchase a over priced 03/04 Cobra? Just to say "I have an original cobra" what you are failing to realize is that your car is a MUSTANG, it's not some a Ford Cobra it is a Ford Mustang Cobra. Side by side when you strip it all down they are two identical cars. The difference is you have a a different powerplant, different color interior and seats, and an IRS. Other than that it's a mustang.

I have two fox chassis cars that are original 4cyl cars, are you suggesting that I should've never built those and just went out and bought a GT or a 8 cyl LX?

As you stated it's your opinion, but my opinion on your opinion is that your's makes no sense, when you've dealt with mustangs enough or have some sort of mechanical knowledge to work on your car or swap a motor without paying someone to do it you'll realize a mustang is a mustang.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
Yes, it is true. I spent far far far less by doing this, and I have the car I wanted, the way I want it by doing it myself. Anybody can go to a lot pick out what they want, and be happy taking it to shops to have stuff done. And thats fine, I understand. But I like nothing better on the weekends then working on the thing. Isn't this what true car guys did back in the day swapping stuff?? I'm on my 4th mustang and absolutely love the cars to death. The 2000 cobra r is by far my favorite, shortly followed by the termi, both of which are out of reach for a weekend car for me. I have an '06 stang as a daily driver, so my cobra swap is just for fun, hardly drive it. I'm not claiming it to be a genuine cobra. I know damn well when I sell it it will be as a v6, which is fine. I don't have any intentions of getting rid of it for years. It's purely badged for the motor. And the badges deserve to be there. IMO, it looks retarded badgeless, plus everyones like wtf...and especially if it has the v6 badges. I'm not trying to trample anyone's toes here at all, so dont take it the wrong way.
I see what you're saying and hey at least you have the motor to back up the badges.

exdeath

Established Member
I saw something like that... it was a red SN95-II that seriously looked like a '03 Cobra. Front facia, Cobra emblems, Cobra 2 piece bumper and dual exhaust, and a Cobra R wing, and a 3.8L emblem where the SVT should have been... and when he took off, sure enough it was a V6...

I don't mind though... that person will be humiliated by a 250 HP Civic who will think he smoked a 390 HP Cobra, and when I waste his ass by blocks and blocks, he'll go telling everyone my Cobra must have over 1000 HP lol.

Edit: oh that was the other give away, it had the flared rocker panels, not the straight down Terminator style.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
jcobra said:
Wow, you really get worked up over stupid shit. There is help out there for people like you.
i don't think he was getting worked up over what PUSHA TON said, it's more the fact that PUSHA TON had the nerve to post in here.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
jcobra said:

Like I said before
99cobra2881 said:
I'll just stick to bringing the tech like usual because as usual anything else brings the asshats out from under the rocks.
:bored:

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
Okay so you are suggesting, lets just say in my case *if* I were to want to do a swap on my wifes' car which is a 2000 v6, you are implying that it would be retarded or gay for me to purchase a complete car to do a swap (which I have an account with a couple of auctions in a 500 mile radius of me and I see what 03/04 cobra's go for) and have everything that an 03/04 cobra has? You honestly think it would be cheaper to sell the car for however much with 120k miles on it and purchase a over priced 03/04 Cobra? Just to say "I have an original cobra" what you are failing to realize is that your car is a MUSTANG, it's not some a Ford Cobra it is a Ford Mustang Cobra. Side by side when you strip it all down they are two identical cars. The difference is you have a a different powerplant, different color interior and seats, and an IRS. Other than that it's a mustang.

I have two fox chassis cars that are original 4cyl cars, are you suggesting that I should've never built those and just went out and bought a GT or a 8 cyl LX?

As you stated it's your opinion, but my opinion on your opinion is that your's makes no sense, when you've dealt with mustangs enough or have some sort of mechanical knowledge to work on your car or swap a motor without paying someone to do it you'll realize a mustang is a mustang.

+1

01 Venom

Established Member
I work on my car, everything done to my car I did myself so I know plenty about mustangs. Dude Swap everything you want, shit put everything that you can possibly find Cobra related on your V6. Guess what Cobra badges are still gay and dont belong on the car.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
2000SuperStang said:
IMO, it looks retarded badgeless, plus everyones like wtf...
Looks retarded badgless? OK - here's my retarded 89 GT ... with it's Cobra R hood, Cobra rear bumper cover & wing, a built 306, world class tranny, and built rear end. It's faster then a stock 93 Cobra and with a few cosmetic changes & new interior could easily pass as one... but it ain't one, I wouldn't try to pass it off as one, and it's badgless so there is no confusion about that.

041904_03.jpg

011404_04.jpg

2000SuperStang said:
I'm not trying to trample anyone's toes here at all, so dont take it the wrong way.
It's all good - but you should realize that badges do NOT make the car, nor into something it isn't. What does make a Mustang is pride in ownership - and I'm proud of my 89 GT :thumbsup:

NXSVTCOBRA

01 Venom said:
I work on my car, everything done to my car I did myself so I know plenty about mustangs. Dude Swap everything you want, shit put everything that you can possibly find Cobra related on your V6. Guess what Cobra badges are still gay and dont belong on the car.
I have to go grocery shopping later, what kinda cookies do you want?

:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread