Same tuner 3 blown engines

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
For a 3.6 to make 9psi you would have to pin the bypass open.

I have customers on stock long blocks making 640-650 rwhp and Lund has warned me, as I've warned the customer that you are playing with fire at that point. Sounds like someone wanted something for nothing, but now it is time to pay the piper.

Last edited:

boduke0220

Established Member
pushes 3 stock motors to and past their limits..all 3 blow...posts thread on svtp irritated like they were supposed to last 150k miles...nice.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I don't think you can blame the tuner unless you have actual proof it was the tune that did it, especially if these are all stock block motors!

Just my 1.5 cents (reduced from 2 cents per obama care).....

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Gotta admit, when I saw the thread title and already knew you were in southeast Georgia that I was expecting to see Tuners Inc in the thread somewhere... Just sayin'...

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Stock internals and 14 psi boost. Not a good combination. Sorry you lost the motor, Time for some forged parts. I can't see this being your tuners fault. Pics of the plugs, pistons and heads will tell the story on detonation.

Ignotbullet

Established Member
I will take pics of everything once I can completely tear apart the motor. As for some thank you for your opinions because at the end of the day mine is just an opinion too. Yes I didn't post about the 14psi and I am sorry about that and yes some instances the guys car did see 14psi but for the most part was at 9 psi and it did blow up on 9psi. Now moving on some of you are the most ignorant people I have ever heard rant over the internet, not all but some. But I guess it's the internet and anyone can hid behind a screen. I wouldn't have a problem to talk to someone face to face about my post. Also to the one guy that said you wont no my name well it is Kyle Kinsman and I am an Intel Analyst for the Army stationed at Ft. Stewart. Once again sorry for the miss information about the psi for the one vehicle and I asked for peoples own analysis and I got it..

old_goat

Established Member
Now moving on some of you are the most ignorant people I have ever heard rant over the internet, not all but some. But I guess it's the internet and anyone can hid behind a screen. I wouldn't have a problem to talk to someone face to face about my post. Also to the one guy that said you wont no my name well it is Kyle Kinsman and I am an Intel Analyst for the Army stationed at Ft. Stewart. Once again sorry for the miss information about the psi for the one vehicle and I asked for peoples own analysis and I got it..

First of all, since this post shows you're on the defensive, let me say that you took my post way out of context.

I said that I if I were a tuner I wouldn't tune your car. My intent of stating that, if you could come to my shop and even though I wouldn't work on a car owned by 'Ignotbullet', when you dropped your car off, I wouldn't know if you're 'Ignotbullet' or not.

One blown engine is just bad luck, two......well, that's really bad luck............three.........ridiculous.

No doubt you could kick my old ass, but I passed through this 'tough guy' stuff in 9th grade. Too bad you have to bring this stuff up at your age, however it gives those who read those forums a little insight to your character and level of maturity.

What I would say to your face man to man, "you blew three engines, dude you're either bad luck or lacking of some real common sense." Then I would grin and walk away.

Last edited:

Ignotbullet

Established Member
Maybe you should read my posts from earlier. First off only one of the cars are mine as stated in the very first post I made. Second, saying I have no common sense by blowing 3 engines makes me believe you don't even have the capability to read by just spewing pure bullshit since I only had one engine let go and the other two were not mine. Third, in no way did I mean what I posted earlier as a threat to anyone's physical well being because of a stupid internet argument nor would I ever do it anyways.

old_goat

Established Member
Maybe you should read my posts from earlier. First off only one of the cars are mine as stated in the very first post I made. Second, saying I have no common sense by blowing 3 engines makes me believe you don't even have the capability to read by just spewing pure bullshit since I only had one engine let go and the other two were not mine. Third, in no way did I mean what I posted earlier as a threat to anyone's physical well being because of a stupid internet argument nor would I ever do it anyways.

Well, I did have to work hard to get my EE degree......LOL.

Alright guys I know this will become a very heated discussion and I'm ready for it. First off I am only stating facts and I will let everyone decided there own opinion and I would really like people to come chime in will similar experiences.

2011 Mustang GT MT
Full bolt ons
14 psi TVS
MS109 race gas
500 miles
2 rods through block
Lund dyno tuned

2011 Mustang GT A6
Cat back exhaust
Circle D 4c
Kenne Bell 3.6 LC 9 psi
Pump Gas
1000 miles
2 rods through block
Lund dyno tuned

2012 Mustang GT
Full bolt ons
150 shot 10 bottles
175 shot 5 bottles
Ms109 race gas
2 rods through block
Lund dyno tuned
(my Car)

I am only posting these 3 because I personally know the other two and the third was mine yesterday. So 3 cars all same tune and all have 2 rods through the block. Once again only stating facts so just wanting some opinions.

Apparently I didn't read your last comments in your primary post. You have my apologies.

Bud

Established Member
The same way that the stock Coyote in that same video dyno's 337whp on the same dyno...:shrug:

A dyno is just a tuning tool, my stock auto made 330 corrected. Still not sure how a 3.6 blower makes 9psi unless it has a dinner plate for a pulley. I see the original post hasn't been edited to reflect the 14psi, would be a helpful piece of info

Ignotbullet

Established Member
A dyno is just a tuning tool, my stock auto made 330 corrected. Still not sure how a 3.6 blower makes 9psi unless it has a dinner plate for a pulley. I see the original post hasn't been edited to reflect the 14psi, would be a helpful piece of info

It's updated

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member

Tuning tool...Yes...It read low stock and it read low with 9psi...Seems consistent for that dyno in the vid that was posted...But like you're eluding to, we don't know how accurate the info is on 9psi or 14psi...:dw:

Bud

Established Member
It's updated

Awesome, makes much more sense considering that update. Am sorry to hear about the popped motor, but hopefully gets built strong and you stay with the juice. I've been wanting to see what these cars do with BIG shots when they are built for it.

Ignotbullet

Established Member
I want to but at the same time I am a little skittish of nitrous now even though this isn't my first time.
Lets see

Nissan Altima SER 100 shot
1989 LX coupe 200 shot
2005 GT 150 shot
2002 Corvette Z06 150 shot
2012 Mustang GT 175 shot (blown) :(

So next step is turbo or supercharger

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
OP, I see you've had a few nitrous cars, I'm surprised you're in the habit of not running them as intended. If your tune is set for 950 psi on the bottle then that's what you need to run! Going downtrack at 850 or even 750 as you've already admitted is a recipe for disaster. 750psi on a 950 tune is PIG rich, sure the Copperhead can attempt some fuel control by taking most of it out but if the PCM can't do it quick enough you are running the engine way rich.

Super rich is not safe on nitrous.

ArabianOak

Established Member
It might be time that guys who are willing to spend 10K modding with blowers and turbo setups, save up a few grand more and get these under MSRP new GT500's that are out there....stock they make 600RWHP and with tune/intake/pulley they make 700RWHP.

I bet these Shelby's rods are blowing through the block...

I hope not...I just bought one..

:)

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear of more motors go..

At least they where all on some sort of power adder, and 175 isn't exactly a small shot.

This guy here (me) had #8 go on me with just boltons (not Lund tune)

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member

bypass open.

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
My car was tuned at the same place.....tuned by the same guy and no failures here!!! The dyno does read low. To be honest I don't know how he gets it to 9psi but i do know it's the shop owners car and he runs it at the track at 14psi on race gas I think it was stated ms109....... Like everyone has stated it just seems like mechanical failures from pushing the stock block past it's limits. Also what kind of fuel system are you running, or were you running a boost a pump? I hope you get the car back up and running soon so I can run you sometime at Bowling Green, KY

Users who are viewing this thread