Same tuner 3 blown engines

SVTPete83

Established Member
I hope shaun reads this cause if mine blows his ass gonna burns for days the way I am gonna flame him on this forum. 5k miles of absolute torture and doing many things he told me not to do along with 100s upon 100s of highway pulls and drags. Damn right if mine blows it is totally his fault. Def won't be mine. Pfff

Yes!! Too funny

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
This thread summed up in one picture.

YdI8U.jpg

clinton2003

Established Member
Please refer to post number 55 on page 3 where I clearly say at the end that my car shifts at 7300 and not the 7800 rev limiter and you say my car does.

You said you hit rev limiter and that rev limiter is 7800:

"Yes it hit the limiter but found that not to be the problem due to progressive controller having a cut off. I went back through and checked my cut of for nitrous and it was 7400 and rev is at 7800 so no nitrous in the system as I first thought when it hit rev limiter."

Exactly what I was referring to.

And honestly Get real, to say you have the rev limit set at 7800 and it always shifts at 7300... i highly doubt it... IF the limiter is set at 7800, it will hit 7800... If it Is perfect and always shifts at 73, then set limiter at 7500... Nothing is perfect, and im sure your car has seen many times above

another thing since this is up... You say it shifts at 7300, and your nitrous cuts off at 7400... why does it cut off after the shift, the car is going to let off the throttle and letting off while still spraying is ok, what is not ok is getting back on it. (from what i understand, explained to me by a reputable tuning shop, feel free to correct me if im mistaken)

so then if that is true, either its shifting after, or you were just a ticking time bomb anyway.

In the end you have a blown engine, which does suck, you cant argue with that. Now you have the chance to build a higher compression engine, throw some more nitrous to it, and have a sweet setup. Or can get FI and have that kind of power all the time, and spray when you want even more! haha.

Good luck with your build and hopefully this thread at the least helps educate people that when you add power, its just a matter of time before you will need to build the motor to handle that much more power. :thumbsup:

hopony

Established Member
Really? 500-550whp is a time bomb? Color me skeptical.

Look at what some other cars made on that dyno. My car has made 603 on a dynojet and 550 on a land and sea dyno. If the one they are using reads low they could be time bombs and not know it.

Riptide

Established Member
Well yahh.. That dyno. Lol

Stock bottom end should handle a legit 550. Or I shouldve got a 07-09 gt500. :p

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
OP sucks about the cars. But I will admit its interesting reading. Bud of mines wants a 5.0...I truly thought it could handle 590~600 WHP....It seems that may be untrue..

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
This is kinda like being 300 pounds and buying an ikea bed that's only rated to 550 pounds and trying to bang your 300 pound girl on it. Might work for awhile but when you're buck naked on the floor the only person to blame is yourself. Shoulda sprung for the Serta.

97snakebite

Established Member
Did u ever tune with the 175 shot? i see in you sig u dont have numbers next to it

DynoDynamics at DBR High Performance Springhill, TN
349rwhp N/A
461rwhp 100shot 93oct
520rwhp 150shot Torco
???rwhp 175 shot MS109
???rwhp 200 shot E85 Hopefully soon!

Last edited:

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
You say it shifts at 7300, and your nitrous cuts off at 7400... why does it cut off after the shift, the car is going to let off the throttle and letting off while still spraying is ok

Throttle should not close between shifts.

Shutting the throttle with the nitrous still on isn't good.

Users who are viewing this thread