Same tuner 3 blown engines

clinton2003

Established Member
reading through some of this, a few things throw flags,

OP spins his motor up to 7800... the stock GT motors werent designed to spin that fast, yes it can be done, but the BOSS was designed to spin that fast... I personally try never to spin my motor past 7500. The boss has lighter valves, crank, different main bearings, different alternator, different cam tensions, etc to achieve this RPM safely.

One of the guys that OP is talking about posted and said Lund told him he was on borrowed time, which means, ENGINE IS MAKING TOO MUCH POWER TO STAY SAFE. To me that means that he is warning you that its going to blow, if you keep those power levels, start saving to build your engine, or back it off.

As others have stated, just because it broke when you werent pushing it all they way, doesnt mean when you were pushing it didnt do damage. The damage has lowered the "safe" levels of the motor. Its like once you blow out your knee, it will never be able to hold what it used to, and if it does, its just a matter of time before it blows out again, usually with less abuse.

Also, your comparing and saying that 75% of the Lund tunes you know of failed.... thats is NO WAY a fair comparision. That'd be like saying 75% of people have blue eyes, because of the 4 people you know 3 of them have blue eyes....

So in the end if you look at it, this whole thread is crap, and unless this was a troll thread, which would of been a success, the OP is basically an Idiot.

D.T.R

Established Member
It's easier than picking your rods up out of the street. :)
while we're on the subject I'd love to know the current valve spring pressure on the overheated/overreved springs. Me I wouldn't raise the max rpm on my engine by 14.57% without springs that can handle the harmonics of 8000 rpm operation minimal.

I think you need to leave your engineering career behind the computer.
Not even the best in these industries throw numbers and percentages around like you do. Not everything is a mathematical equation.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

OP spins his motor up to 7800... the stock GT motors werent designed to spin that fast, yes it can be done, but the BOSS was designed to spin that fast... I personally try never to spin my motor past 7500. The boss has lighter valves, crank, different main bearings, different alternator, different cam tensions, etc to achieve this RPM safely.

One of the guys that OP is talking about posted and said Lund told him he was on borrowed time, which means, ENGINE IS MAKING TOO MUCH POWER TO STAY SAFE. To me that means that he is warning you that its going to blow, if you keep those power levels, start saving to build your engine, or back it off.

As others have stated, just because it broke when you werent pushing it all they way, doesnt mean when you were pushing it didnt do damage. The damage has lowered the "safe" levels of the motor. Its like once you blow out your knee, it will never be able to hold what it used to, and if it does, its just a matter of time before it blows out again, usually with less abuse.

Also, your comparing and saying that 75% of the Lund tunes you know of failed.... thats is NO WAY a fair comparision. That'd be like saying 75% of people have blue eyes, because of the 4 people you know 3 of them have blue eyes....

So in the end if you look at it, this whole thread is crap, and unless this was a troll thread, which would of been a success, the OP is basically an Idiot.
+ ∞ forver

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
I think you need to leave your engineering career behind the computer.
Not even the best in these industries throw numbers and percentages around like you do. Not everything is a mathematical equation.

If you can't debate me with facts in an adult manner than that's too bad. Your personal attacks only illuminate your lack of knowledge and lack of ability to discuss things in a mature and educated manner.

Last edited:

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
A valve spring change isn't quite "simple" to do on these motors...

It really is that "simple" if you can't or won't prepare your engine for an extended rpm range, than you "simply" shouldn't rev it that high. My only regret here is that it wasn't your engine!!

Ignotbullet

Established Member

Please refer to post number 55 on page 3 where I clearly say at the end that my car shifts at 7300 and not the 7800 rev limiter and you say my car does.

stangfreak

Established Member
so its the tuners fault when you guys have stock motors and are going to throw a 200 shot with e85 ( your sig ) and complain about blown motors. 14lbs of boost? I understand it didn't blow up with the 200 shot but those were your intentions. I know the 5.0 is the next best thing since sliced bread according to you guys, but really? If I owned one I would never run any of the combos listed in the first post. I hope you guys get everything fixed and good luck. It does suck when a motor pops. Its never good to hear. especially to another fellow mustang owner.

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
Wow, forged internals, then power adder. That doesn't seem that hard of a concept to me. If you go forced induction on stock internal, is not a mater of if it will fail, but when will it fail.

spdracr0

Established Member
Any chance there is catalogs of a WOT highway dragstrip pull. That would answer most questions right there.

spdracr0

Established Member
I hope shaun reads this cause if mine blows his ass gonna burns for days the way I am gonna flame him on this forum. 5k miles of absolute torture and doing many things he told me not to do along with 100s upon 100s of highway pulls and drags. Damn right if mine blows it is totally his fault. Def won't be mine. Pfff

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I hope shaun reads this cause if mine blows his ass gonna burns for days the way I am gonna flame him on this forum. 5k miles of absolute torture and doing many things he told me not to do along with 100s upon 100s of highway pulls and drags. Damn right if mine blows it is totally his fault. Def won't be mine. Pfff

hahaha

bexamous

Established Member
Ford racing does offer a 2.9 supercharger with 624hp with warranty. So I feel like some where down the line ford engineers thought a little over 600hp is safe. Mine put down 550whp with drivetrain percentage loss I should be around 632hp at the engine almost the same as what ford warranties.

Pretty sure they do not. The warranty is only available with the 525hp, not the 624hp.

Last edited:

bexamous

Established Member
Please refer to post number 55 on page 3 where I clearly say at the end that my car shifts at 7300 and not the 7800 rev limiter and you say my car does.

You said you hit rev limiter and that rev limiter is 7800:

"Yes it hit the limiter but found that not to be the problem due to progressive controller having a cut off. I went back through and checked my cut of for nitrous and it was 7400 and rev is at 7800 so no nitrous in the system as I first thought when it hit rev limiter."

JasonF1234

Established Member

Good one! LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread