saab build thread... yes a saab not a typo..

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Seriously had no idea Saab made these, let alone that they were gm powered, let alone that some came with the ls2. Awesome project. Congrats on the wife

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Thank goodness for friends

IMG_20151122_122951415_HDR_zpsassfm6i2.jpg

IMG_20151122_143630657_zpstz3lgbaf.jpg

Motor together and in. Mounts bolted down, trans attached, ac in. Not a bad few hours.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
thats cool, i like the fact you arent going for numbers or times. great seeing it as a fun project especially when you can get your friends involved.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I have been looking for a low mileage Saab 97x Aero with the 6.0 LS2 for a while, but they are very hard to come by.
The exterior and interior of the SAAB's are so much nicer than the Trailblazer SS equivalent.

svtrookie

Established Member

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Yeah it looked clean for the price! Oh man! sorry to hear. Now you need to get this modded one up and running.

yup tell me about it. thank goodness for insurance. its not too bad. just more of a headache then anything. and thankfully the airbags didnt blow and my wife is safe. ill spend some time during the week to get as much done as possible. ran into a weird issue. apperantly the 6.0 has a hole in the block for a dipstick and you need to block it off and use the dipstick hole thats in the oil pan. so I plugged the hole in the block and either I need a new factory dipstick but im prob just going to order one of those lorcal ?? ones that flex easy to get around the ac unit.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
used thanksgiving morning well I think. got the trans bolts in, intake manifold. headers tightened, ac, front drive brackets, alternator, power steering, engine harness ran and plugged in uptop, still need to do bottom though. still have a lot to do. dredding the starter, torque converter bolts still.

IMG_20151126_185530298_zpswbgvpups.jpg

IMG_20151126_185517168_zpsfp8zxoxm.jpg

things still need done.
TC bolts
starter
harness to knock sensors and grounds
driveshaft to front dif
center cross memeber
run trans cooler line to cooler (waiting on the lines to show up)
lorkar dip stick (ordered today)
coolant hoses
electric fans and shroud
run Efans and trans cooler harness
Ypipe
fluids and filter

ugh so much to do.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
lol stock trans and stock TC. see how long it holds. im a little past my time and budget I set for myself. im on a big push to get this thing running asap. ill finish the bottle and misc stuff. right now I just want it moving under its own power soon. might pull a few hours after work see where I end up.

lol ill clean it up. I will spend a little time on it. I gotta get my other one fixed up hopefully thursday from hitting a damn deer. been driving my duramax everyday blows.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
really? I don't mind driving mine daily. Just passed 89k miles the other day. I have an inkling to do a 6" and 22s and 325s. Ill send you a text of an Fbody I have been eyeing.

Users who are viewing this thread