saab build thread... yes a saab not a typo..

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Awesome you don't see them much. And why aren't you daily driving the duramax?

Tha was an alum 5.3 you pulled out right? 243s on it?

alum 5.3 with 799 heads. they are basically the same as 243s though. My dmax just sits at my house lol.

dude I know. we had a awesome time wish we could of gotten together. I had a brand new vet vert rippin through daytona all week too lol

IMG_20151015_190121218_HDR_zps00zgnpwb.jpg

IMG_20151015_192025011_HDR_zpsoh7nzvko.jpg

IMG_20151015_192028558_zpsxepn00wn.jpg

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
Pretty cool project! I love my TBSS daily driver. This should be fun once you are done. Join TBSSowners.com. Those guys would love this... Good luck and keep us posted on progress!

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Pretty cool project! I love my TBSS daily driver. This should be fun once you are done. Join TBSSowners.com. Those guys would love this... Good luck and keep us posted on progress!

lol already on their same s/n and facebook groups looking for cheap performance parts while its apart lol. im looking for a stand alone trans cooler now and maybe a converter lol

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Gonna be sick.

You going to try and use a quiet exhaust so that it's even more of a sleeper?

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Gonna be sick.

You going to try and use a quiet exhaust so that it's even more of a sleeper?

lol wellll.......

I found one corvette NPP muffler laying around the shop that one of the guys was going to throw away.. trying to think how I can make that work. if not, im just going to run the long tube headers and ypipe with stock catback hoping it will be quiet. i wanna be sleeper status as much as possible.

already got a vanity tag ideas...

either
IMG_20151109_143013950_zpsmqdhzmwp.gif

or

IMG_20151109_143022935_zpshu5qhero.gif

Last edited:

8gtoklr

Established Member
125 shot on this project? That will turn heads! I didnt know saab made suvs

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
125 shot on this project? That will turn heads! I didnt know saab made suvs

200 shot. peicing together my nitrous kit off my C6z and friends spare stuff lol. I was given a shark nozzle, I already have all the solenoids, feed line, mount brackets, autometer gauge, blow down tube. working on where to make a hidden switch panel that will hold the gauge and switches, i was hoping the tbss one would work but its different. trying to hide the nitrous bottle in the wheel wells behind the blasic so it looks all stock. thats the plan atleast

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Going to be an insane sleeper. Keep the exhaust note docile (cutouts, maybe?) and blow peoples minds :coolman:

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Lol was thinking about that as a backup. I have a electric cut out layin in my basement too lol

+1!

Add extra mufflers post-cutouts to mask the badassness, and get a tune for both ways. With the UpRev tuning in my Titan I could switch back and forth between MAPs for cutouts open/ cutouts closed, all with the cruise control buttons. I used DMH and loved them.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
+1!

Add extra mufflers post-cutouts to mask the badassness, and get a tune for both ways. With the UpRev tuning in my Titan I could switch back and forth between MAPs for cutouts open/ cutouts closed, all with the cruise control buttons. I used DMH and loved them.

lol im really hoping I can make the NPP muffler I was given work. that would be really cool I think. my bff andrew will be tuning it once its all done. It will need a start up tune anyway with the DOD delete.

svtrookie

Established Member
The stock catback on the TBSS flows pretty well. Paired with some longtubes it's not that loud.

Users who are viewing this thread