Report to HR or handle it myself?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone forgot to mention to him that you don’t date people you work with. Let alone hassle a married chick.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I see that the situation is handled, but for the record, you always report it to HR and never handle it yourself.

Sorry he is going through a rough time, but he stepped over a line and needs correction.

I also would suggest that your wife not be in the office the day of termination and the next business day.
Bingo.

Work Place problems should be delt with by the work place professionals, aka Human Resources.

Its current year and most attempts to resolve something like this outside official channels will only make it worse.

Let HR make the call if it's a pity party or work place harassment.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
She did the right thing going to HR, it’s always best to have a documented paper trail. If you had handled it for her, no way of knowing what the fallout at work could have been for her.
Yup, he could have run to HR first, said her husband was harassing him, etc.

Then the "Why didn't you report this, trying to handle this outside work shoes poor judgment and a failure to follow company policy".

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Somebody must have missed the don’t dip your pen in company ink speech from Human Resources.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnnnnn.
I say if dandy boy keeps it up, definitely report it!!!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
if he's a democrat he'll be dancing around with a daisy in his ear, smoking weed and shitting in the streets by Friday

giphy.gif

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Guy sees you as a cuck, better go handle it. Reporting to HR will only confirm his “suspicion”.

Jk, report that mother****er! Getting your wife in trouble at the company is not worth it, should you confront the guy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Me personally, I completely understand your point as a man. If this happened outside the office (i.e. club, restaurant, someone's BBQ, etc.), I would say step in and straighten him out. However, since this happened at work and it seems to be a first time incident I say let your wife handle it. She doesn't have to report him if she doesn't want to, but she can give him a verbal warning and let him know that if it happens again she "will" report him and provide the documentation of this incident as well. Or since he sent a message she could respond in a message and then she will have documentation that she asked him to stop.

Again, I understand your point. I would be pissed too. However, I also do not agree with spouses getting involved in the work place. Especially since you say he will get fired on the spot if your wife officially reports him. That means the work place environment will protect her and take care of her. So, let her handle it in my opinion.
GREAT wisdom and advice!! OP, read what he said carefully because he is making a ton of sense. I highlighted the points that are IMO spot on!

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
There is such a difference between people whom work in an office setting, and people whom work doing manual labor etc.
My wife came home complaining about someone at work and my first response was "Did you put anti seize on their doorknob and bluing on their phone?" Turns out those aren't options at the school.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife came home complaining about someone at work and my first response was "Did you put anti seize on their doorknob and bluing on their phone?" Turns out those aren't options at the school.

You wouldn't believe the things we say about each other's wives and gfs.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I would be asking myself, " what would make him believe that this kind of behavior would be welcomed by your wife. "

-We covet that which we see every day.

Abaolutely 100% needs to be reported to HR, but not by you. This guy needs to understand your WIFE is the one not ok with it.

If he thinks it's just you, then the advances will continue and become serious.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ajaf1656

Established Member
The one thing I'd watch out for now that he's being terminated is the workplace etiquette he already disregarded is no longer a barrier to him crossing the line. If he's interested in your special lady, he might step it up and you'll need to nip it in the bud real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread