Report to HR or handle it myself?

RES0574

Established Member
My wife came home complaining about someone at work and my first response was "Did you put anti seize on their doorknob and bluing on their phone?" Turns out those aren't options at the school.
Forget the phone, we would rub a dab along the front band of the hard hat. Leaves that Halo that doesn't go away for quite some time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't know when I read it, it sounded like the guy was just awkward or something. It's notlike he asked if she swallows. No big deal really.

Guy sees you as a cuck, better go handle it. Reporting to HR will only confirm his “suspicion”.

QFT

The one thing I'd watch out for now that he's being terminated is the workplace etiquette he already disregarded is no longer a barrier to him crossing the line. If he's interested in your special lady, he might step it up and you'll need to nip it in the bud real quick.

Exactly, now he's free to take her to pound town anytime he wants. Game on OP.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
OP - Your wife did the right thing.

Getting a divorce and getting fired... Hope he is not a Democrat or he will be running people over by the weekend...

Recipe for disaster if the dude's got a Mustang and there's a C&C close by.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Eh, these days people tell on people for anything.

I've seen these situations all too many times at various companies. If he felt comfortable to ask, that means your wife allowed him to feel that way and opened the door he thought was OK to pass through.

First time he does this, bam, **** this guy, let's get him fired.

Definitely against harassment and this type of thing, but I do not believe he was pushing the limit by talking to her. She obviously allowed it to go on for that long until she told him no. But yet, it is all his fault, right?

K.

coposrv

Established Member
Eh, these days people tell on people for anything.

I've seen these situations all too many times at various companies. If he felt comfortable to ask, that means your wife allowed him to feel that way and opened the door he thought was OK to pass through.

First time he does this, bam, **** this guy, let's get him fired.

Definitely against harassment and this type of thing, but I do not believe he was pushing the limit by talking to her. She obviously allowed it to go on for that long until she told him no. But yet, it is all his fault, right?

K.

It wasn’t the fact he asked her. It was the fact she immediately told him she felt uncomfortable and told him it wasn’t professional. He continued.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
So, Apparently he has also been pressuring the recently hired (6 month) secretary for nudes and “accidentally” sent her a dick pic. She was new and didn’t know what to do. She was worried her speaking up about it would cost her her first job. She chose to try and ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
It wasn’t the fact he asked her. It was the fact she immediately told him she felt uncomfortable and told him it wasn’t professional. He continued.

Well, I read your first post a bit differently and your posts after that. No mention of her being "uncomfortable"

She said he persisted for about an hour for an answer until she answered him no.

Obviously, if shouldn't of even gotten that far based on the quoted statement above.

This could have been resolved instantly with her saying right off the bat "Dude, we are work friends, I don't feel comfortable talking about this, etc." and not give him the opportunity to persist, which she did based on what you've said.

coposrv

Established Member
Well, I read your first post a bit differently and your posts after that. No mention of her being "uncomfortable"

She said he persisted for about an hour for an answer until she answered him no.

Obviously, if shouldn't of even gotten that far based on the quoted statement above.

This could have been resolved instantly with her saying right off the bat "Dude, we are work friends, I don't feel comfortable talking about this, etc." and not give him the opportunity to persist, which she did based on what you've said.

She told him right off the bat that it made her uncomfortable and asking your boss is extremely unprofessional. Sounds like he didn’t get it but whatever, if she didn’t want to be raped she shouldn’t have worn that dress. Amirite?

coposrv

Established Member
In the end. Whatever, He’s gone and it’s pretty much over. Yes.

In the case of my wife, he creeped her out and wouldn’t take the hint. Maybe she should have just said kick rocks or your fired right away. Again, she felt bad for him and he was an ok employee and she didn’t want to make it a bigger deal than it would have been, but, He wouldn’t let it go and she felt at that point is when he crossed the line.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
In the end. Whatever, He’s gone and it’s pretty much over. Yes.

In the case of my wife, he creeped her out and wouldn’t take the hint. Maybe she should have just said kick rocks or your fired right away. Again, she felt bad for him and he was an ok employee and she didn’t want to make it a bigger deal than it would have been, but, He wouldn’t let it go and she felt at that point is when he crossed the line.

She should stay vigilant though...hopefully this creeper got the message, but you can’t turn your back on crazy.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
She told him right off the bat that it made her uncomfortable and asking your boss is extremely unprofessional. Sounds like he didn’t get it but whatever, if she didn’t want to be raped she shouldn’t have worn that dress. Amirite?

That is a bit of a reach IMO.

Your first post with facts you're posting now conflicted one another. Had I known he kept going, rather than just waiting an hour to tell him no, I would have a different opinion.

In order for him to feel comfortable, unless he is 100% a creeper, he knows your wife is married and vice versa, there typically is a mutual level of comfort given.

One outcome - Your wife told him flat out no in the beginning and he kept on going after she said no multiple times. This is definitely not cool, but was not the scenario you painted in your posts.

Another outcome - Based on your vague post, she let him persist until she finally said no. She kept the door open long enough until she felt uncomfortable. Cannot really blame him 100% if he is getting vibes/signs from her its OK. People do this all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread