Question about plugs.....

04RiceEater

Established Member
I'm getting a 2.8 pulley for my cobra. I've been told to go with the NGK 7s but I've also seen a lot of people saying to go with the NGK 6s? Is there a real difference? I've heard the 7s run cooler and smoother?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I use the TR6ix, little smoother idle IMO.
Edit test

I agree, the iridium would be better. I run the tr6 in my coupe and tr6ix in my vert and both run fine, but I think the vert might have a bit of a smoother idle, never any hiccups.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok gotcha, so the iridium TR6s right? Not the regular ones? What are they best to gap to? Thnx.

I've run both, but what back to the copper TR6's. Nothing wrong with the TR6IX iridium ones. After my car is re-tuned, I may switch back to them. If your just running a 2.8 upper eaton with supporting mods, I'd start the gap at .032-.034 range.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I've run both, but what back to the copper TR6's. Nothing wrong with the TR6IX iridium ones. After my car is re-tuned, I may switch back to them. If your just running a 2.8 upper eaton with supporting mods, I'd start the gap at .032-.034 range.

I like the $2 each 6s as I change them often.

I've run the NGK TR7ixs for over 60k. Change them about every 10k - 15k. Fantastic plug. I've always subscribed to running the coldest plug possible, that doesn't foul. Have run it with the stock blower and a 2.8 and have run it with my ported blower and 2.76. NGK makes great plugs. And their TR6ixs are also great. Its their TR6 copper ones that always have that annoying stumble. Will never run those again.

Users who are viewing this thread