Project Coyote Notch interior swap IRS CA smog legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

Where are you on this project?
I'm doing the exact same thing, too funny.
Started last year, but had to stop and now back on it.

More pics of the dash work and fit would be great.

firewall.jpg
11236462_10156037503750584_4022679709730169811_n.jpg
11960103_10156037503385584_1305926928223125059_n.jpg

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Tucker- I really dont want to think about what I did and where you're at on this project. It was a nightmare. Kinda at a sink or swim part of the project. If you cant make it work then it's quiting time. But if you get over that hurddle, then the rest is down hill.

I'm at the reassembly part of my build. Mainly installing the major components and then running the wires and then the fun stuff.

Your fire wall looks like it might be too high. Have you mounted your dash with it like that? So it looks like no wipers on this car. I was able to make mine work.

Last edited:

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
To get those who have been following up to speed on what's been going on. Well the past 8 months dealing with the disfunctional painter who was recommended by someone from another forum, has been nothing but excuses and just flat out screwed everything up. He pretty much extorted more money from me to just get my car back. But at that point I was just glad to get my car back and into a paint shop that would, and did a great job. He had to strip all that was done by the previous painter, because of debris in the base coat and the clear was still gummy. Unbelieveable!!! Well a month later and it was done. So I've had the car in my garage for the past couple weeks.

image5_zpswql4aj8u.jpg

image4_zpskjuj73uv.jpg

image7_zpsz8itdbrt.jpg

image_zpszdcqjg7c.jpg

image_zpswxmgltye.jpg

image_zps8jzloz5e.jpg

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Finally got the correct K member from UPR today.
Can you believe this? Talked to the sales guy that I'm doing a Coyote swap on a 90 Mustang so he sends me a K-member for a pushrod motor.
The sales guy is nolonger with the company, but they were cool to ship one out right away and sending a call tag for the other to be shipped back on their bill.

One thing about UPR, they really try to get it right. And I bought the K-member back in January.

I will post pics once everything is together. ~end of October. The rewiring, running the fuel/brake lines, and the plumbing for the smog/vapor canister is what will take some time. Probably by the end of year for first start.

Tucker

Wow, looks great.
Yes the wipers were a pain, but I lowered the 14 inner enough to get them to work as well as I'm using the 14 wiper motor so I now have intermittent and plug and play from the 14 harness.

I'm curious about the steering. Are you using the EAPS? I'm going to and just wanted to see how you set it up with the UPR K member.
I almost got it, just need to cut and thread the tie rods and work out my steering shaft and header issue.

Good luck on the build, they will be awesome.

smIMG_9325.JPG
smIMG_9328.JPG
sm20150930_142803.jpg
smIMG_9331.JPG
smIMG_9333.JPG

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Well for the past month my regular job has been getting pretty busy leaving me with 30 minutes to an hour a day, if I'm lucky. And working every other Sunday. Just glad I'm getting paid by the hour.

For the past week, I've been working on reassembling the doors and welding up the front seat belt retractor mounts. Got the seat belts all installed. Next is laying out the body harness so I can get the carpet and dash in.
20151031_010843_zpskyl6zebs.jpg

20151031_011032_zpsqcpmgt59.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread