Project Coyote Notch interior swap IRS CA smog legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Well the painter promised March 30th +/- a couple days. Well They are long block sanding it down with 150 grit and then 220 drit today. and then 3 more coats of final primer with 400 grit wet sand and then a 600 grit final before color. Hopefully be ready and in my garage next weekend.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I was wondering about the progress myself. I can't wait to the the paint. It's going to be gorgeous.

87_notchfox

Established Member
damn this is a bad ass build. I been wanting to do a coyote swap on one of my coupes but the cali smog laws keep me from really considering it. cant wait to see it complete

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Unfortunately the painter I'm using failed to inform me that he was actually on State disability. If I'd known this earlier I would have steered clear of him. But there is no way of getting my money back from him. So I can only hope that it turn out as good as he says. He's done some Painting on it, but he's almost 2 months over due. For the past 2 weeks he's promised me that he is doing jams, but still no progress pics. Recently he's promised to post progress pics on Monday. I'm not holding my breath on it. Probably more like 3 more weeks.:rolleyes:

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
The UPR K member isn't clearing the stock Oil pan. Maximum Motorsports is sending me a quote on a package deal that will make them exclusive suspension supplier on this build. But I might have to modify the passenger side rear support to clear the stock manifold.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
The UPR K member isn't clearing the stock Oil pan. Maximum Motorsports is sending me a quote on a package deal that will make them exclusive suspension supplier on this build. But I might have to modify the passenger side rear support to clear the stock manifold.

Sounds like a lot of work to do

87_notchfox

Established Member
so what equipment has to be put on the car for it to be considered california smog legal? i know the engine swap laws pretty well aft i did my modular fox and knew what stuff to swap over but with the coyote and s197 stuff i am at a loss.

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
so what equipment has to be put on the car for it to be considered california smog legal? i know the engine swap laws pretty well aft i did my modular fox and knew what stuff to swap over but with the coyote and s197 stuff i am at a loss.

I will cover this in detail once I've gone through the process with the Coyote swap. I've already done this with my Mach 1 swap. So I'm taking the same approach, but who knows what they throw at me.

87_notchfox

Established Member
I will cover this in detail once I've gone through the process with the Coyote swap. I've already done this with my Mach 1 swap. So I'm taking the same approach, but who knows what they throw at me.
Well I did a 98 cobra swap and I had everything on there. Air pump the canisters, fuel tank. But these new cars seem different. I hope it's not a lot of parts to swap over. Can't wait on ur progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread