Project Coyote Notch interior swap IRS CA smog legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Sorry to bring this up but did you use a control pack ? Did you get it tuned through a tuner or did you have ford provide a stock tune for smog ? Did you run all 4 o2's?
Did not use a control pack. All wires and components came from the 2013 coyote and the front and rear harness was partially from the 90 foxbody.
Although I had to have Ford reflash the stock tube back into the ECU, it was only because it was off the battery for over 9 months.
Yes smog ref required proof that the tune in the car is the original tube.
I used all 4 O2 sensors

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
This week we Embark on a 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra (R clone) project. Delivery of a 2018 Ford Mustang GT, complete takeout package is due to arrive Thursday from MidWayMustang.

Any chance we can get you to consult with us for the wiring? We are confident in all of the mechanical swap items, but passing CARB Referee and doing all the wiring is a little outside our skill set and I will be looking for assistance with this aspect of the build.

PM for email address if you are available to discuss.

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
On the coyot
Can you tell me if you ran the 18x9 or 18x10 in the rear there and what size tires? Was there any rubbing? To be clear I already have a notch with an IRS and 18x9 with a 275 and no rubbing but I want the drift wheels if they fit without rubbing? I've got the MM low profile bolts and rolled fenders as well.
On the coyote coupe I ran a SRA. On the current 93GT500 project I modified my IRS to fit a 10” wide without rubbing.

In any case, 18x10 with 285/35-18 is probably where you need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread