procharger or kenne bell

How should my motor be blown

• Total voters

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
He told me because my car was trapping in the high teens with the 3.27s and i was under 6k in 4th

with the 3.73s i would be over 6k which is where i want to be going through the traps

Last edited:

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
I've decided on the Procharger for my 06 over the Kenne Bell and Whipple H.O.
Should have it paid for, installed and tuned by Christmas.
bannana_roush.gif

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
hey guys quick update my stage 2 kit arrived today hope to get it on by next thursday fulling tunes and ready to run, if so i sould be heading up toward moroso speed way with a few friends to get some runs in. will be posting pics and numbers asap

rocket5979

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
He can easily adjust the bypass to make it takes more throttle to create boost. That's the nice thing about the bypass... it can adjust for various driving styles and personal preferences. I've had mine all the way open so even WOT produced very little boost.

WHAT??? How the hell do you adjust the boost bypass in the Kenne Bell? It is either on auto (manifold pressure referenced), open/bypass (set screw tightened with butterfly pulled open), closed (setscrew tightened to boost all the time); though I dont know why anyone would want to close the bypass manually. There is no variable adjuster on the bypass. The only variable adjuster I know of in my Kenne Bell 2.2 is the right foot. ;-)

Last edited:

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Stang GT said:
hey guys quick update my stage 2 kit arrived today hope to get it on by next thursday fulling tunes and ready to run, if so i sould be heading up toward moroso speed way with a few friends to get some runs in. will be posting pics and numbers asap
Cool! Make sure you put your car on a dyno before you run any boost.

WDW MKR

Established Member
rocket5979 said:
WHAT??? How the hell do you adjust the boost bypass in the Kenne Bell? It is either on auto (manifold pressure referenced), open/bypass (set screw tightened with butterfly pulled open), closed (setscrew tightened to boost all the time); though I dont know why anyone would want to close the bypass manually. There is no variable adjuster on the bypass. The only variable adjuster I know of in my Kenne Bell 2.2 is the right foot. ;-)

You adjust the set screw, which then adjusts the point at which manifold vacuum is overcome and boost is made. The "looser" you adjust the preset, the more throttle it takes to make boost at part-throttle. The "tighter" you set it, the less throttle you need to create boost. That's how the Eaton works and it was my understanding that the KB bypass works the same.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Okay guys, I've pretty much decided on a screw.

Which one Whipple or KB?

I have heard quite a bit of discussion on the KB but very little on the Whipple. What are the differences?

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
since we are on the subject...would a procharger or KB be better for a street strip 92 GT 5.0? WOuld be daily driven but taken to the strip on weekends.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
You adjust the set screw, which then adjusts the point at which manifold vacuum is overcome and boost is made. The "looser" you adjust the preset, the more throttle it takes to make boost at part-throttle. The "tighter" you set it, the less throttle you need to create boost. That's how the Eaton works and it was my understanding that the KB bypass works the same.
curious because i am doing an eaton on my 99, where is this set screw located on the eaton? thanks.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
BLWN DSG said:
since we are on the subject...would a procharger or KB be better for a street strip 92 GT 5.0? WOuld be daily driven but taken to the strip on weekends.
The centrifugal blower is perfect for the 5.0's, the push rod motors have a good low end torque and the procharger/vortech/paxton will keep the car going on the top end.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
DRK281 said:
The centrifugal blower is perfect for the 5.0's, the push rod motors have a good low end torque and the procharger/vortech/paxton will keep the car going on the top end.

I like the low end instant boost that the KB will give me. I am looking to have a DD set up where it can still be driven on highway then take it to the strip after a long trip and just beat some ass! So you say on a fox body stang a centrifugal blower is better than a twin screw? Does anybody have any reading on the comparison between the two?

WDW MKR

Established Member
99riocobra said:
curious because i am doing an eaton on my 99, where is this set screw located on the eaton? thanks.

The Eaton bypass actuator is located on the rear driver side of the blower. It is a black round casing with a plunger rod protruding out the bottom. That rod is then connected to the internall bypass valve on the blower. This valve has a stop that is attached to the blower body. When the valve is touching the stop, it is closed off.

The actuator is attached to the blower by two screws. Loosen at least one of them just enough to allow the entire actuator body to be moved up and down. You want the screws to be tight enough that the actuator is still held without slipping. The recommeded setting for the Eaton is to push down on the actuator body until you see the plunger just touch the stop, then put just a touch of preload on it and tighten your screws.

You can adjust it to your personal tastes from that point. Putting more preload on the stop will result in boost coming on sooner. Pulling the valve farther off the stop leaves the bypass partially open at all times and results in more throttle being required before boost is made.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
awesome. thanks for the great info. do you by any chance have a pic of what this pluger rod thing looks like? i just bought a stage IV eaton and don't see anything in the pics. maybe if i knew what to look for. thanks!

WDW MKR

Established Member
I don't have one on hand, but search for "adjust bypass" in the Terminator section and you will find old threads with pictures. If nothing turns up, let me know anc I will snap some pictures when I get time.

Users who are viewing this thread