procharger or kenne bell

How should my motor be blown

• Total voters

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
hey guys just a quick backround im trying to decide in between and procharger stage 2 kit or the kenne bell stage 2 kit for my car( 04 gt ). im looking for good power gains and the car remaining reliable since it is my everyday driver... thanks

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
KB would be more fun on the street with all of the low RPM Torque. I have decided on the new KB myself over the procharger.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
either way i think u'll like it. but i'd go procharger as they make great power all over. and its just the brand i like. and with it being intercooled better, atleast from what it looks like, its just a nicer design. not sure on the price setup of each, but i'd do the cheapest of the two.

for the most ridiculous power output, procharger probly has the KB beat. but for under 500whp goals, both are great

Last edited:

kb97

Established Member
Coming from someone who's had both I prefer the Procharger. Makes as much rwhp thru my auto equiped Mach1 at 6psi than the KB did at 9psi in my 97' Cobra. Also feels torquier(splng?) to me.

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
thanks guys sooo much your input has heped me alot but im still looking for more info so common guys post your replies

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Depends on your primary goal. If chasing e.t.'s is your primary focus, run the procharger. If you want a tough car on the street that doesn't require you to wring its neck to make power, go with the twin screw. You won't go wrong either way & the procharger p1sc setup will cost you less initially but it's all in what you want the car to be.
Personally, I prefer the characteristics of the positive displacement blower over the centrifugal blower. Best thing you can do is go for a ride in both and see which one you enjoy the most.

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
thank you guys soo much i think i might go put my deposit for the procharger kit tomarrow the guy says that he'll put it at about 400 to the wheels with a safe tune so i dopnt blow the motor any comments on that?

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
yes thats what the guy was telling me that 2v internals wont hold much more for a daily driver

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I can't think of a better blower for a daily driver than a positive displacement blower.

Uhh, not a positive displacement blower? I think thats the answer you were looking for.

the 2v's werent built like the cobras... obviously. They dont handle boost as well, with a procharger there is no boost unless you want it... over 2500 rpms. With a positive displacement there is always boost which means??? Always stress on the engine. Positive displacement is not the way to go on stock internal 2v.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
czwalga00gt said:
Uhh, not a positive displacement blower? I think thats the answer you were looking for.

the 2v's werent built like the cobras... obviously. They dont handle boost as well, with a procharger there is no boost unless you want it... over 2500 rpms. With a positive displacement there is always boost which means??? Always stress on the engine. Positive displacement is not the way to go on stock internal 2v.

Ummm and you have no idea what your talking about

With a Pos dis blower, you have a bypass system and won't see boost unless you want to.

It makes me sick to hear people say that with roots/twin screws are harder on your motor because you see boost al the time. I can take my car to redline without ever seeing boost.

why do you think GM and Ford put roots blowers on their cars vice the centris???? bypass capabilities and reliability.

And no the instant TQ of a roots/screw blower isn't bad either, If your engine is gonna let go it's most likely to be in the higher RPM.

Being that the thread starter has a 2v GT the KB would be the better blower for his application, If he had a 4v i would recommend the centri. The KB 2Vs make 400ish RWHP and 420ish RWTQ on 9psi. Whereas the Centri 2Vs see similar HP but less TQ.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Double"O" said:
Ummm and you have no idea what your talking about

With a Pos dis blower, you have a bypass system and won't see boost unless you want to.

It makes me sick to hear people say that with roots/twin screws are harder on your motor because you see boost al the time. I can take my car to redline without ever seeing boost.

why do you think GM and Ford put roots blowers on their cars vice the centris???? bypass capabilities and reliability.

And no the instant TQ of a roots/screw blower isn't bad either, If your engine is gonna let go it's most likely to be in the higher RPM.

Being that the thread starter has a 2v GT the KB would be the better blower for his application, If he had a 4v i would recommend the centri. The KB 2Vs make 400ish RWHP and 420ish RWTQ on 9psi. Whereas the Centri 2Vs see similar HP but less TQ.

Ok, so what you're telling me is when i'm riding along with my friend in his built kb 2v. When he shifts at 3k, theres no boost. :dw: I guess his boost gauge lies. If you get on it a tiny bit it boosts.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
czwalga00gt said:
Ok, so what you're telling me is when i'm riding along with my friend in his built kb 2v. When he shifts at 3k, theres no boost. :dw: I guess his boost gauge lies. If you get on it a tiny bit it boosts.

then he either screwed up his bypass system or disabled it.

Although a the key words in your post are "get on it". Well yeah once you go past a certain throttle position the bypass closes and the blower begins to make boost

Hell if i wanted to i could see 9psi at 3k or 10inches of vacuum...It's all up to my foot

Last edited:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Double"O" said:
then he either screwed up his bypass system or disabled it.

Although a the key words in your post are "get on it". Well yeah once you go past a certain throttle position the bypass closes and the blower begins to make boost

Thats what i'm saying.... I dont know about you but I tend to accelerate to my shifting point rather quickly even when i'm daily driving.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^ i don't.........i drive mine the same way i did when it was stock, only now it requires less throttle.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
CZ, you're perfectly bass-ackwards on the blower characteristics. The centri builds more boost as rpm rises without respect to the rate of acceleration....only rpm. The positive displacement are controlled off of throttle position and, as was stated, you can keep it completely out of boost if you want. In my cobra, if I even tickle the boost gauge, I am accelerating faster than the majority of traffic. When I accelerate normally, the boost gauge never will move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread