Post your H&R drop combos!

03TRMN8R

Established Member
I have a question for those of you running H & R Race with isolators and 17 X 10.5" 03 replica rims. Did you have any clearance issues or fender rubbing problems? I know different tires have different widths. I was thinking of running the new M/T ET Street Drags once they are available.

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
COBRAGUY95;6398650]H&R Race with Iso and MM caster cambers 18x11's on rear 18x9's ,

Who makes those wheels? :shrug: I have always wanted to ask you...

AutoArt and to my understanding thats the only set , it took me 6 months to get them I just wanted something different and I will never do that again I should have went with the CCW's and will next time!

01BIGVYHYPER.gif

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
COBRAGUY95,

Those wheels looks so damn sweet its's a good thing you chose to wait for them... :rockon:

One a side note, I thought AUTO ART just made die-cast models cars... :coolman:

01BIGVYHYPER.gif

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I dropped my car this past weekend with H&R race springs.. I used all MM iso's and only got a .5" drop front and .75" rear. How much more do they settle in the next month?

I am not upset about the drop because I have LT headers and this is my DD.. I can't go to much lower anyways. Just wondering how much more I can expect them to settle

SpectorV

Established Member
I installed the following over the weekend:

H&R Race Part #: 51659.88 (High rate but cant remember 100%)
MM CC 4 bolt plates with MM Bilstien Dust Boot Covers
Button head rear IRS bolt with 14mm front IRS bolt
10th Anniversary Front Calipers
Sanded my rotors and painted them to remove nasty rust look

The front is 26.5 inches from ground to fender with a 2 inch gap from tire to fender Only top front isolators (OEM ones) used.

The rear is 27.0 inches from ground to fender with a 2.5 inch gap from tire to fender. I have plenty of clearance as well, probably my lowest point is 5 inches or more. Both OEM isolators in the rear were used.

Also got some pics of a friends car at stock ride height so you can compare between stock and where I am now. His rear tire is a bit to tall but not much so it wont make a big diff in the comparison.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MisterChrome

Established Member
PITA but worth it. Just installed mine this weekend. I have CC plates that I have yet to install. Did not have the drilling tool. I was going to get an alignment but figured I should wait until I install the CC plates. Actually, will I even need to do an alignment once I installed the CCs?

Was it hard to do the CC install. I know nothing of Caster and Camber. How long should it take

PS. I went H&R Race no Iso's in the front and bottom stock Iso's only in the rear. Wanted a slight rake. I actually used the upper rear Iso's on the bottom bc they were a little thinner than stock lowers. Shouldnt be a problem right?

MisterChrome

Established Member
are caster cambers easy to do? they have like a 30 step instruction guide and I dont know much of caster and camber

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I didnt , dont see the need too.

the only reason I asked is becuase when I called Maximum yesterday they told me I had to upgrade the stock bilstein's becuase they wouldn't be a good match with the Race....I couldn't get a read if he was trying to sell me something. It seems alot of guys are fine with out

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
the only reason I asked is becuase when I called Maximum yesterday they told me I had to upgrade the stock bilstein's becuase they wouldn't be a good match with the Race....I couldn't get a read if he was trying to sell me something. It seems alot of guys are fine with out

They never told me that when I did mine? Weird

2K3SVT4ME

Established Member
which

Im about to lower my car shortly and was wondering which H&R Springs will drop the car the most? looking for the slightly lower front look than the back.....also how much more do you get by removing all isolators? lastly by removing isoloators doesnt this create a metal on metal situation for the spring? i would assume it could get noisy or rattly over bumps this way, anyone experience noises without isolators.....any info on the lower of the 2 sets and running isos or not running would be great......

Users who are viewing this thread