Post your H&R drop combos!

ShaneN.

Established Member
Still trying to decide on what I want. I know there is a thread or two like this but I'd like to see if we can get some fresh pictures.

I'd like to see pics of the race springs with NO iso's and other race spring combos the most. SS springs with stock iso pics would be good too.

Show off that drop

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
H&R SS with MM isolators all the way around... I wouldn't go any lower if you plan on FLSC, as is I can't get the lowest profile jack under my SFC without driving up on boards...
2pqj6o8.jpg

2rzqwyg.jpg

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
H&R SS with MM isolators all the way around... I wouldn't go any lower if you plan on FLSC, as is I can't get the lowest profile jack under my SFC without driving up on boards...
2pqj6o8.jpg

2rzqwyg.jpg

Wow finally someone with H&R SS with MM isolators all around.....I have been asking here and looking forever for pictures. I take it that you have the MM poly isolators on the top and botton of your springs front and rear? I ask because some guys are running odd combinations of stock or MM isos or no isos at all. I have the springs and isos waiting to go in. I think your car looks good.:burnout:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yes, MM iso's top and bottom at all four corners. I couldn't imagine going any lower based on the issues I have just doing routine maintenence. I have access to a maintenence lift, and barely fit the arms under the car or a racing jack as is. Glad the pics help.

ShaneN.

Established Member
Thanks 03yllwguy!!! I wanted to see the SS's with the MM's. That's the perfect stance. I hear the SS have clearance and bottoming out issues and i bet those MM isolaters fix that.

How does it ride? Any problems with theSS springs being softer? I don't want to have HUGE problems getting over speed bumps.

Also, is that MM iso's UPPER and LOWER on FRONT and BACK? edit: I see that was answered.

ps, what's flsc?

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
FLSC=full length subframe connectors...
I've ridden in lots of non 03's with lowering springs that truely diminshed the ride. not the case with these. Car rides slightly firmer than stock. I am pretty happy. I want suspension mod crazy on my last stang and said i would not do so on this one. The springs are perfect for asthetics and daily driving IMO.

pdogkilr

Established Member
I went with H&R 51659 Super Sport Springs - used Maximum Motorsports isolators at all four corners.

Results:

----------L Front--R Front--L Rear--- R Rear
Stock----27 5/8---27 5/8---28 3/4---28 3/4
H&R-----26 5/16--26 5/16--26 5/8---26 5/8
Delta-----1 1/3----1 1/3----2 1/8----2 1/8

Front to Rear Rake Before:---1 1/8
Front to Rear Rake After:---- 5/16
All Measurements are in inches

and the look:

RideHeight.gif

texaswrx

Established Member
pdogkilr said:
I went with H&R 51659 Super Sport Springs - used Maximum Motorsports isolators at all four corners.

Results:

----------L Front--R Front--L Rear--- R Rear
Stock----27 5/8---27 5/8---28 3/4---28 3/4
H&R-----26 5/16--26 5/16--26 5/8---26 5/8
Delta-----1 1/3----1 1/3----2 1/8----2 1/8

Front to Rear Rake Before:---1 1/8
Front to Rear Rake After:---- 5/16
All Measurements are in inches

and the look:

RideHeight.gif
Great looking 10th, and the faster color as well! With the roads around the Houston area, I like the hr ss. Plus the fact that I am running bbk long tubes. :banana:

ShaneN.

Established Member
Everyone seems to have varying results which is weird. 04 mystics with the race springs and stock iso's sits mint IMO, but then pdogkilr's looks the same having SS and mm iso's.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Well, it certainly won't cost you anything... and just as a point of fact, my before and after measurements, and my NOW measurements, i don't have a perfect drop on left side compared to right side. Is this a big deal? no, but interesting...

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
I'm just going to do a bit more that 3/4 on each spring and see how it settles, if I don't like it I'll get the Race springs as I intended. They're on a 2 week backorder EVERWHERE! So it'll give me time to do it and see how it goes.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
H&R Super Sport springs with Maximum Motorsport front isolators and stockers in the rear. Wheels are BBS RK Plasma, 18x8 front with 275 Yokohamas and 18x10.5 rear with 315 BFG Drag Radials. Enjoy.

IMG_2175CHOP.jpg

CroppedIMG_2031.jpg

-Mike

ShaneN.

Established Member
Your car looks bomb sonic. How is it on shit roads and speed bumps? jus' wonderin if those MM iso's get it up a enough to make the SS's work better on rough roads then with stock iso's.

Users who are viewing this thread