Post your H&R drop combos!

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
After looking through the entire thread, it seems that different people are getting different drops out of the same combinations. As far as the Isolators go, whats the difference between stock and MM? Also, what is the purpose of the Iso's? Obviously you dont need them since people are running w/o them.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
After looking through the entire thread, it seems that different people are getting different drops out of the same combinations. As far as the Isolators go, whats the difference between stock and MM? Also, what is the purpose of the Iso's? Obviously you dont need them since people are running w/o them.

The Iso's are just rubber pieces that go between the spring and where it rests.. It is better than having metal on metal. The MM iso's are better quality and a little thicker so the bring the car up about 1/4" from stock iso's.
Since you car has so little miles on it, I'm sure your stock iso's will be fine but mine were a little beat up and dirty. I also wanted mine a little higher because of the LT's. How low are you trying to go? Maybe H&R sport springs and MM iso's all around will look good.

Don't forget that you will most likely need CC plates

Last edited:

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
The Iso's are just rubber pieces that go between the spring and where it rests.. It is better than having metal on metal. The MM iso's are better quality and a little thicker so the bring the car up about 1/4" from stock iso's.
Since you car has so little miles on it, I'm sure your stock iso's will be fine but mine were a little beat up and dirty. I also wanted mine a little higher because of the LT's. How low are you trying to go? Maybe H&R sport springs and MM iso's all around will look good.

Don't forget that you will most likely need CC plates

I like the look of these drops a lot.
img1681zp8.jpg

dddddu7.jpg

Does not having the ISO's make for a more harsh ride quality? I can only assume it would. I want to get long tubes eventually, but that will be a while down the road. I was thinking maybe getting the springs and installing w/no ISO's, then re-install the ISO's once I get the headers. Oh, and I do plan on getting the CC plates at the same time.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
img1681zp8.jpg

dddddu7.jpg

Does not having the ISO's make for a more harsh ride quality? I can only assume it would. I want to get long tubes eventually, but that will be a while down the road. I was thinking maybe getting the springs and installing w/no ISO's, then re-install the ISO's once I get the headers. Oh, and I do plan on getting the CC plates at the same time.

I think the H&R race with stock iso's would fit you.. Mine has settled nicley. Hopefully you will see it this weekend but here is a pic. I also need to take the bumpstops out which will take another 1/4" out the front. And I have the MM iso's which are a little higher that stock. I think to much of a drop with 17" wheels looks funny. 18" wheels look better slammed though

A_by_su1man.jpg

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
i have a 03 vert and cant decide on the race or sport springs...which would lower the car the most, and i want it basically slammed so do i use stock iso's or just remove them?

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
i have a 03 vert and cant decide on the race or sport springs...which would lower the car the most, and i want it basically slammed so do i use stock iso's or just remove them?

H&R sports with stock isos (front and rear) will make it very low.

I have H&R sports w/stock rear isos & MM front isos

may02014.jpg

may02008.jpg

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Does anyone have a pic of H&R race with the stock iso's and stock wheels? It seems like everyone has 18's on theirs. I have long tubes so any advice on what has worked spring wise for someone with Kooks lt's (3" collectors, sits LOW) would be appreciated.
I was thinking mm iso also so...

Thanks

Josh

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
h&r race springs, it sat negative in the rear for some reason. put spacers in the back now sits perfect!

EPSN1390.jpg

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
img1681zp8.jpg

dddddu7.jpg

Thanks! Appreciate the compliment! :beer: :rockon:

How about this... I just ordered the Maximum Motorsports Front/Rear Coilover setup so you can take my H&R Super Sport's off of my hands. :D

Fry's03SVT

The Demon of Venom
Established Member
I am ordering the H&R "Race" springs this upcoming week, what is the best way to achieve that raked look? Remove the top isos in the front and leave the rest in place?

Austin

Users who are viewing this thread