Post your H&R drop combos!

03TRMN8R

Established Member
I would like to see the following: 2003-2004 Coupe, H & R Race Springs, 17 X 9" front wheels, and 17 X 10.5" rears. Please state which if any isolator have been removed. Also, please state if fender rolling was necessary.

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
Newly installed H&R Race with all front isos in and no isos on rear. Waiting for car to settle to decide on adjustments.

IMG_1023.jpg

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
Looks great. Are you on 17" wheels? Also, let me know if it's noisy out back without the ISO's

Thanks. Yes, stock 17" wheels and tires. I got some Nitto 315s & 10.5s that gotta be mounted. Hopefully soon. I don't have much miles on the car since install so I'll wait on commenting on road noise.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Newly installed H&R Race with all front isos in and no isos on rear. Waiting for car to settle to decide on adjustments.

IMG_1023.jpg

i know it hasnt settled yet, but if it were to stay like that id want to either remove a front iso or reinstall a rear iso .. the rear sits too low compared to the front

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Not a very good pic angle and please excuse the front splitter, have a new one on the way. Anyways, HR race but don't know if they are for a coupe or vert as the previous owner put them on. I think I might remove some isos.

DSC_0760-1.jpg

Last edited:

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
i know it hasnt settled yet, but if it were to stay like that id want to either remove a front iso or reinstall a rear iso .. the rear sits too low compared to the front

I think so too. Does anyone remember approximately how much the top & bottom isos add in inches individually?

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
Had some spare time today. Added top & bottom rear isos. Running H&R Race with all oem isos now. Waiting for springs to settle. I need to install my 315s.
IMG_1031.jpg

Last edited:

spidartanks

Established Member
IS i me or is HR RACE springs witout the ISO's is about the SAME drop as HR SPORT's WITH the iso's??

seems pretty logical..im thinking of going with the Sports with MM ISO's..... fingers crossed guys!

** i want a drop that IS noticable but i dont like the look of it being too low, im just not a fan of having no iso's so going with a lower spring with the mm iso's to bump it up a little makes sense?

also HR have Convertible SS Springs too so i assume the spring rate will be perfect too?? any input here?

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Had some spare time today. Added top & bottom rear isos. Running H&R Race with all oem isos now. Waiting for springs to settle. I need to install my 315s.
IMG_1031.jpg

that right there is the issue with h&r race and running all stock isos.....the rear looks too low compared to the front. If you have top/bottom mm rear isos.....maybe try using the mm lower and factory upper...that should return some of the original "rake" look but yet still look good and lowered. all factory front isos, mm lower rear, factory upper rear should turn out spot on :rockon:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
that right there is the issue with h&r race and running all stock isos.....the rear looks too low compared to the front. If you have top/bottom mm rear isos.....maybe try using the mm lower and factory upper...that should return some of the original "rake" look but yet still look good and lowered. all factory front isos, mm lower rear, factory upper rear should turn out spot on :rockon:

I did all lower all the way around, no top isos and my rear sets WAY higher than my front, im about to take both isos out of the rear, I've never seen the rear set lower than the front with H&R Race springs...

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member

I think it is partly an illusion of the rear wheels shadow. The front is 26.5" fender to ground & the rear is 27" fender to ground. Hopefully with the 315s installed it won't look "tail heavy".

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I did all lower all the way around, no top isos and my rear sets WAY higher than my front, im about to take both isos out of the rear, I've never seen the rear set lower than the front with H&R Race springs...

it did on mine! i'm running full mm isos up front, factory rear lower and mm upper.....rear is absolutely perfect with 315s. front is too high....but i'm daily driving the car so i haven't been in a rush to "fix this". if i do mess with the front, i'm going with full factory isos up front and leave the rear the way i have it (mm lower, factory upper)

i'm wondering if the verts react slightly different because of the vert top motor mechanism....thats a lot of extra weight and it's positioned more towards the rear of the car....

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I think it is partly an illusion of the rear wheels shadow. The front is 26.5" fender to ground & the rear is 27" fender to ground. Hopefully with the 315s installed it won't look "tail heavy".

i get similar measurements on mine, but i have noticed even though the front fender lip is indeed lower to the ground than the rear fender lip (creating what should be a rake look)....the rear appears "lower" because the tire/fender gap is definitely tighter in the rear. tire/fender gap is wider in front. i think this is what is creating the illusion you speak of.

post up some more pics when you get the 315s on :rockon:

here's a quick pic of mine with 315s....several thousand miles of settling. i might jack with the isos up front and see what happens :shrug:

IMG_2342.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread