Positives & Negatives of Coffee

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I drink about 16oz of black coffee every morning. Make it at home and bring it to work with me.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Am I the only here that makes Turkish coffee? It's a little more involved but I have t found a smoother type of coffee.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Cant drink it with all the pre-work outs i take.

I'll have decaf one in a while

VegasMichael

Established Member
I've been a daily morning drinker for decades. Three or four cups each morning at home. Not too expensive that way. I enjoy the taste and warmth. I like sitting out on the balcony with a mug while the sun comes up. Peaceful and relaxing. It's my favorite time of day. And I concur about the need for a porcelain bus ride following a cup or two.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm usually up around 4:30AM and the first thing I do is brew a cup of coffee in my Keurig coffee maker. I usually have 2-3 cups by 8AM. That's it for the day. This has been my DAILY routine for over 10 years. If we go out for dinner, on occasion I'll have a cup of coffee. But that's rare. I'm a morning coffee person. I like that coffee has health benefits. The first cup also shakes off any side affects of 6-7 hours of sleep. Kick-starts me! :)

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I have 1 travel mug worth of coffee every morning on my way to work. If I don't get it, I feel like crap all day long. Plus it keeps me flowing if you know what I mean...

flyboy1294

Established Member
I have never really had the runs from coffee or anything. But I will tell you this, once upon a time I was deprived of coffee for 5 days. I tried to battle the caffeine headache with little success, but what really got me is my digestive system shut down. I, literally, did not shit for 6 days. After the 4th day, I pretty much stopped eating because I could feel food I had eaten previously just sitting in my stomach.

Even with all of that said, I'm not interested in the negative side effects of coffee. Without it, I doubt I would have been able to graduate even highschool. Definitely would drop out of college. Wouldn't be motivated enough to go into work, so I'd eventually become homeless. As you are aware, homelessness drastically decreases your life span. Therefore, no matter what the negative side effects of coffee are, when presented with the alternative, it's worth it.

Spudz

Established Member
I didn't drink coffee until I entered the corporate world. Sophisticated machine sitting right next to my cube (padded cell), and it's free. A cup in the morning of this mystery blend is all I need, and then sometimes one around 2-3ish if I didn't get enough sleep.

Also the 10am express comes rolling down the #2 track right on time every day.

Last edited:

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I pull 2 double shot espressos in the AM and I'm good to go. We'll worth the investment of a good espresso machine.

ssssnake

Established Member
6 shots of espresso over ice is my daily drink.

I bet you're buzzing like a mofo!

I usually have a couple of cups before work, black with some stevia, and then another cup when I get to work. I hear it's bad for kidney stones, so I start drinking water right after my morning java.

My granddaughter is ADHD, and a teacher told me to have her drink a cup of coffee in the morning, it seems to help.

If my sister goes without her morning coffee, she throws up.

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
Hmm.

coffee.jpg

allister

Established Member
There have been a lot of studies done that prove coffee reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes. Being that diabetes runs in my family, I always make sure to at least get my 2 cups in a day!

mjs1012

Established Member
I usually have a cup or 2 of black iced coffee at work everyday. We have a Keurig in the office so it makes it idiot proof to make it.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Have a couple big black cups before hitting the road, usually another two throughout the day (we have a Keurig here as well). I try to swap in some tea now and again, usually peppermint, chai, etc. Also drink many liters of water so it balances out. It's all about getting through the day...

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I'm slow all day without at least 1 cup of coffee. A coffee after work on Friday keeps me going for dinner and drinks into the evening. I drink 2 cups of coffee every day and sometimes a black tea in the afternoon.

ThomasL

Established Member
I can only do coffee in the AM. Rest of the day either 5 Hour Energy or my pre-workout. Love me some caffeine!!!!!

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
A cup of Dark Magic after my bowl of cereal and a cup or two at work (free). During really hot weather, cut down a cup to discourage dehydration. During cold months I might have one in the afternoon, but pretty rare. Drinking coffee for 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread