Positives & Negatives of Coffee

BlackOutUT

Established Member
So kind of a weird conversation that's been coming up lately with friends of mine. I don't drunk coffee. Its not that I don't enjoy the taste. I actually enjoy it. But I have never "needed" coffee like I feel so many do. Part of this might be in part to the fact that I have never really had to be up early consistently since probably high school. My business deals mainly with the west coast so I usually don't even get up until around 1030. In college I avoided all early classes. I just don't need to get up. I def translate this to being a night owl. I'm often up until 2am.

However my contact with the west coast is ending and I'm taking on new ventures. One of which heavily involves the stock market. Which being in dallas means I need to be up pretty early most days to simple watch the market open. Well I've def been dragging. Often falling back asleep around 12 for a few hours. This really has me thinking about taking on the habit so many already have.

So I'm curious. How many of you drink coffee every morning and throughout the day. What are your general thoughts on the subject? In your opinion what are the health, financial, and any other health ramifications?

Side note. Lately I've really been thinking about ditching the pre workouts for an espresso or something. As I'm sure almost anything is healthier than most pre-workout out there.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I'm up early regularly and while i used to be a coffee drinker the only time i ever drink coffee anymore is when it's in an after dinner drink with some sort of liquor. Coffee is actually fairly good for you, and has alot of cleansing and detox ability with its antioxidants. It's the cream and sugar that's the killer. But the caffeine from the coffee helps everything from your metabolism, to energy levels, and even help with workouts. Im a sucker for C4, so i wont be giving that up any time soon as a pre-workout, but when i cycle off it next month I'm also going to give black coffee a shot 30-45 mins before my workout. I have heard it does great things. Really any form of clean caffeine will suffice.

If you google around you can see a lot of articles raving about coffee, especially in the weight lifting world. I haven't looked into it deeply enough to find any specific academic journals or direct health studies, but I'm sure they are out there. If the general consensus is that it's beneficial, generally it's safe to say that it is.

Last edited:

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I drink it black in the morning about an hour into the office. I have and still do at times, drink it in the afternoon and evening. Lately, I've been drinking it black on ice cubes in the morning.

One thing about coffee, it removes any doubt you may have about having a #2 in the staging lanes. Find you a burnout box, quick.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
One thing about coffee, it removes any doubt you may have about having a #2 in the staging lanes. Find you a burnout box, quick.
You are not joking, I can almost set a clock to when I finish my cup to when it's time to lay down some street justice.

I don't ever find myself needing coffee (I go a week or more at times without any), but I enjoy the taste and even though I don't feel a boost, mentally helps me power through the day. Of course sometimes my day ends the following day. Picked up the habit from a friend of grabbing a cup mid day or at night during those marathon sessions.

As far as cost, buying a cup every morning can get pricey. I bought a Keurig, reusable filter (4 pack at Bed Bath Beyond) and quality coffee. Up front cost is a lot more, but for everyday use, it saves a lot of money in the long run.

Rct851

Established Member
I drink it black in the morning about an hour into the office. I have and still do at times, drink it in the afternoon and evening. Lately, I've been drinking it black on ice cubes in the morning.

Literally lol'd.

I ditched pre workouts in favor of coffee years ago. Like with most snake oil supplimets your gains will not suffer.

I drink it every morning. A cup before leaving, followed by a shit. Another cup at work, followed by a shit.
I am without a doubt addicted. Cutting down on frequency due to daily habits would be damn near impossibru so I'm working back portion size.

BlackOutUT

Established Member

This def have experience with Haha.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I alternate between coffee, green tea, and juice in the morning. Nothing beats a good cup of black coffee from my 12 year old $10 Mr. Coffee pot. Whole Foods Morning Buzz Whole Bean for me please.

WolfPackST

Banned
Ive been all about the extra strength 5-hour energy lately (sour apple - the camouflage bottle). They are 2/$5 at the local gas station. gets you going good for the day.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Research bulletproof coffee. It's expensive but life altering. I still drink normal coffee from a keurig but damn I miss me some bulletproof coffee.

WolfPackST

Banned
Research bulletproof coffee. It's expensive but life altering. I still drink normal coffee from a keurig but damn I miss me some bulletproof coffee.

Doesn't a cup of BP coffee have like 700 calories or something? I know people love it but it way too much butter/coconut oil for me lol

fangstang

Established Member
tumblr_n11obwJz6l1r3jsrko1_1280.jpg

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Purchasing a reasonably priced but quality home espresso machine ($600) with built in grinder has already paid for itself this year alone..

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I have at least 2 large cups first thing in the morning as i wake up at 3:45 AM need the boost and I drink it black as well.

colin450

Established Member
I drink it at work because the machine's there. But I could go days at a time without even thinking about having one. Doesn't really effect my energy either. I could drink a coffee at 9 pm and then go to bed at 10. Only other time I drink it outside of work is if I'm going for a long car ride.

Users who are viewing this thread