Positives & Negatives of Coffee

JasonSnake

Established Member
Wife and I are coffee snobs, seriously. We used go use our Vue by Keurig but realized the plastic from the cups does seep into the brewed coffee. We bought a press and started buying beans and grinding them using a coffee burr/mill grinder. Our favorites so far are kicking horse, Deathwish coffee and valhalla by deathwish. Going to try bulletproof once or twice and continue to use the same beans. We drink coffee everyday out of enjoyment, not necessity. I'm usually up at 6 every day, even on the weekends and do not need coffee to wake up. If you need coffee to wake up, it means you have a poor diet, no energy and are addicted to coffee and cannot not have it.

Yup, seems that just about any home coffee maker you buy is full of plastic parts where hot water flows, causing that leaching effect. I stopped using them and bought a small French Press and a tea kettle for the hot water. Coarsely Grind up some Colombian coffee at the local market. I've definitely notice a different, more wholesome taste. I always need to have my "cafe con leche".

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I had no idea about their law suits over false 'gmo-free' and 'all natural' advertising. I haven't bought a Naked juice in around 9 months or so, but the articles I read briefly said it was reimbursing people as far back as 2007! Smh, its insane what we are consuming as a country. I was about to make a sandwhich this morning and noticed the bread my girlfriend bought ... had freaking high fructose corn syrup in it!!! I would have expected (yet not eaten) enriched flour, but corn syrup. smh

Sorry if this is slightly dis-railing the coffee thread. I originally posted up the juice stuff since it can be a great alternative to coffee. Apples do have more sugar than coffee, and can give you that extra boost you need in the morning. But the important thing to note too is that on the glycemic index (basically how fast sugar makes its way into your blood stream) an apple is a low 35ish, and table sugar people add to coffee is around 70. But black coffee is really the way to go. I never even thought about the melting/heated up plastic in K-cups. That right there is enough to make me want to ditch it for an old Mr Coffee. I totally agree you can never get the K cups to be dark enough either.
No problem. I used to drink at least two of the smaller naked a day. Usually with a shake. But with all the crap going on I've laid off them. As you said, the gly index is a way better teller of sugary stuff. I usually try to look at that over actual gs of sugar.

Users who are viewing this thread