Paxton or Vmp Tvs

BMR Tech

We are happy with our VMP TVS.

Amazing how easy it is on these cars to go quicker than 10.50.

manny231988

Established Member
Thanks
Sorry to hijack Manny.

BTW>..I considered the paxton for a while, because of it's rep and potential, but I decided on the TVS because of the torque, and the fact that I like it more for the light to light and not the track. You can keep you engine cover with the Paxon if "clean" is an issue.

RC

Haha you didn't hijack RC

I knew some back and forth between the guys with these kits was gonna happen
But that's kinda what I wanted to hear honestly I wanted to hear what the real world differences I just need to Give my Paxton a shot. both sound great and I do love how the pd blowers look but he PAXTON don't look bad either.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Ive always wanted to get a paxton or vortech but its so hard to make a choice now with all the TVS's running some awsome times now.

trolls56

Established Member
I rode in a 2012 GT with a Roush blower that dynoed 736 to the wheels. Car was amazing drove stock when staying out of boost. It has nitto dr and bbr lca the thing dead hooked from a 3rd gear roll. The power was amazing had a huge smile on my face and it actually hurt my neck. From what I have seen the VMP kit is just easiest and cheapest way to get an upgraded Roush Kit. Same blower with all of Justin's goodies. I've drive and rode in many fox bodys with vortechs as fun and fast as they were didn't hold a candle to Alex's 12 GT with the Roush.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
all of these cars will drive like stock with a blower on it when you're not the boost

at the end of the day the Paxton has tons more power potential, costs less, and is way more efficient

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
get the TVS, it goes fast an has plenty of power anytime you want it.

Last edited:

skulls

Established Member
Another choice is the new paxton I-1, supercharger...suppose to be like overspinning a centri w/ a wastegate...im very interested in this.

bmyles

Established Member
What's the difference between the VMP and the Roush TVS? They look the same except for the name on it.
RC
jlt intake, id injectors, high flow elbow with cnc matched blower case, vmp h/e with dual fans and tuning as far as I know.
o.p if the money difference not a factor go with the tvs all day. I love the instant boost and how clean the install is, it looks like it belongs there.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Im interested to know how much weight both kits add.
If the TVS/TS blowers add a ton more weight (20lbs more?) I think I would go for a centri blower.
Would love to cut weight on these 5.0s, i know its impossible when adding FI but I dont want to add too much.

skulls

Established Member
Im interested to know how much weight both kits add.
If the TVS/TS blowers add a ton more weight (20lbs more?) I think I would go for a centri blower.
Would love to cut weight on these 5.0s, i know its impossible when adding FI but I dont want to add too much.

Unless you are a massive number chaser, 20lbs will make no real difference, especially with running 600+ hp. A 100lbs is roughly a 1/10 off the quarter..so do the math on only 20lbs.

RC-5.0

Established Member
kinda yea. but i think that the heat exchanger that comes with the upgraded vmp kit takes care of heat soak pretty good.

Ive read several TVS posts where guys even without the upgraded HE and running in places where the temps get in the 90s have not problems with heat soak. Having said that, the HE that comes with the VMP surely cannot hurt.
RC

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Ive read several TVS posts where guys even without the upgraded HE and running in places where the temps get in the 90s have not problems with heat soak. Having said that, the HE that comes with the VMP surely cannot hurt.
RC

If you are not getting on it is fine but back to back runs will start to heat soak the heat exchanger.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Another choice is the new paxton I-1, supercharger...suppose to be like overspinning a centri w/ a wastegate...im very interested in this.

That will be the biggest overpriced piece of junk.

Not to mention the ugliest centri ever made

Don't the centri's enjoy an advantage when it comes to heat soak?
Depends on the SC the Paxton is more efficient than even the stage 2 pro charger when it comes to temps

The Paxton is less expensive, more efficient, less crank stress, better cai placement, more power potential

And again, the Torque argument is non existent in these cars. It isn't a 2v or 3v, these cars already make plenty of torque. Look at Dyno graphs of stock kits, they are within 15-20 ft lbs of each other. People just keep repeating stuff that simply isn't true. Just because it was true on a 3v doesn't make it true on a coyote.

I'll put up a Paxton car against a tvs car any day of the week, especially in hot temps

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I did 3 passes back to back to back running 8.5psi of boost and saw less than 1mph difference in trap speed. I'm sure if you push more and more boost then it will be a factor, but at my boost levels it's non-existent. I'm pretty happy with 130mph trap at 8.5psi with a DA of about 2000 that day.

Beef, I really like you, you've always been awesome to talk to and deal with, but I wouldn't say the tq diff is non-existent.

OP, I'd say drive both before buying, but since you've already bought the Paxton, then put it on and love it. You will. Like Beef has said many times, ALL blowers are awesome on this car!

Users who are viewing this thread