Paxton or Vmp Tvs

manny231988

Established Member
So got my Paxton kit in and it's looks great haven't installed it but for some reason I'm second guessing my purchase and was wanting to hear what youlls guys thought about these two kits since I love how the roots type blowers look. Sorry if this question has been asked before let me kno

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
if you like pd blowers better then just go ahead and sell the paxton and pay the extra for the tvs or whipple. centris play nice with this motors though.

manny231988

Established Member
if you like pd blowers better then just go ahead and sell the paxton and pay the extra for the tvs or whipple. centris play nice with this motors though.

Ya I know there is a lot of centris out there running great I think I'm just over thinking it and just need to give the Paxton a shot I did get it for a reason haha thanks for your input Manolith

RC-5.0

Established Member
What's the difference between the VMP and the Roush TVS? They look the same except for the name on it.
RC

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
No matter what anyone says, everyone else is gonna jump in and claim otherwise. I have the Roush TVS and my buddy has the Paxton. I PERSONALLY like how the TVS drives daily much better than the Paxton, but it def seems like the paxton is easier to run better times at the strip.

If I had my car stock again, and $$$ for a s/c kit, I would still pick the TVS. I am not knocking the Paxton, as it puts down great times, but the "linear power" that gets bragged up is boring to me. Yes it hooks up better because of it, but I'm the kind of guy who loves breaking the tires loose in 3rd gear on street tires.

If you want great track times, and stock like low end with monstrous top end, then Paxton seems to be perfect for that.

If you want low end grunt that makes you giggle every day when cruising around town, then TVS is awesome for that.

Both great kits!

BTW: if Paxton/Vortech offered coolant hoses, and other little parts that didn't make you hack the crap out of your stuff, I prob wouldve ordered the Paxton to begin with. But like I said, now that I know both setups, I'm glad I got the TVS

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
idk why the guy above is bored of hearing the truth about the linear power band of a paxton :shrug:

but anyways, my experience with the paxton is the power is very manageable..from a roll or dig. This guy is bragging he breaks the tires loose in 3rd? :lol1: I think everyone with a FI in a 5.0 is able to do this no?

When I drive normal i usually press the gas just enough to close the bypass valve and it pulls nicely. Ive killed 2 600cc bikes so far without a dialed in tune.

I dont think you will be disappointed with the paxton

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
See ^

I tried to be honest and didn't put down either kit... but people get butt hurt SOOO easy...

Has anyone esle noticed that you can't have an opinion on here anymore?

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
What's the difference between the VMP and the Roush TVS? They look the same except for the name on it.
RC

Huge difference in the intake side from the elbow into the rotors. The VMP is wide open and port matched, the Roush has two channels that match the back of the TB into the blower and is more restrictive. Both good kits.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Huge difference in the intake side from the elbow into the rotors. The VMP is wide open and port matched, the Roush has two channels that match the back of the TB into the blower and is more restrictive. Both good kits.

Is it a Roush TVS that they "package" that way, or is it a separately machined piece? IF it's the latter, I would be concerned with it's built, performance and/or durability. The Roush has a great reputation for quality. Im assuming if you piece together everything, the VMP comes out less $$??

RC

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Is it a Roush TVS that they "package" that way, or is it a separately machined piece? IF it's the latter, I would be concerned with it's built, performance and/or durability. The Roush has a great reputation for quality. Im assuming if you piece together everything, the VMP comes out less $$??

RC

It is a different blower due to the port matching. Yes their kit is cheaper then piecing together separately.

RC-5.0

Established Member
It is a different blower due to the port matching. Yes their kit is cheaper then piecing together separately.

I wonder who makes it for them and how well it is made. :shrug: I would be inclined to look at this kit with the upgraded heat exchanger, 82mm pulley and JLT intake.. That way with my LT's, I can get to 600RWHP without over-aggressive tuning.
RC

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
I wonder who makes it for them and how well it is made. :shrug: I would be inclined to look at this kit with the upgraded heat exchanger, 82mm pulley and JLT intake.. That way with my LT's, I can get to 600RWHP without over-aggressive tuning.
RC

It comes off the same production line, Justin does the R&D for Roush and their blowers is what I have heard. I also have never heard of a TVS failure in 5 years. I'm doing there kit in August myself, and I personally know several people with the VMP TVS on their cars and not one complaint.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
See ^

I tried to be honest and didn't put down either kit... but people get butt hurt SOOO easy...

Has anyone esle noticed that you can't have an opinion on here anymore?

butt hurt? nah I just said that bc your complaining about ppl talking about the powerband

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I dd my paxton and love the power, the ability to get off the line on street tires is a bonus. I like the idea of instant torque but since I drive my car around 40-50 miles a day in all weather I don't want to run drag radials year round. Either kit will put a smile on your face when you hit the gas. You got the paxton I say install that bitch and drive it like you stole it, after you get a dialed in tune.

RC-5.0

Established Member
It comes off the same production line, Justin does the R&D for Roush and their blowers is what I have heard. I also have never heard of a TVS failure in 5 years. I'm doing there kit in August myself, and I personally know several people with the VMP TVS on their cars and not one complaint.

Thanks
Sorry to hijack Manny.

BTW>..I considered the paxton for a while, because of it's rep and potential, but I decided on the TVS because of the torque, and the fact that I like it more for the light to light and not the track. You can keep you engine cover with the Paxon if "clean" is an issue.

RC

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Im just talking about the fact that some people like that powerband and I don't. They aren't wrong. Neither am I. And I've ridden in two paxton'ed 600hp cars and neither broke loose in 3rd... I'm sure there are cars out there that do, I'm just telling him my opinion according to my experience. BTW, both paxton guys said they'd rather drive my car daily than theirs, but whatever...

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the instant torque of pd blowers is great. either one will run hard as hell. the one thing to consider about the paxton is that its a bit easier on the bottom end because it builds boost so slow.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
having a 2003 Mach1 with a vortech and and 2003 Cobra, I would choose the TVS all day. I personally dont like how the superchargers sit backwards either. Having said that, my money will be spent on a TVS

for a daily driver, I love the low end grunt

Users who are viewing this thread