Paxton or Vmp Tvs

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have to bring this back from the dead and say it was a good read. I sometimes hear people state with the paxton that the driveability sucks, while others dont. I'm wondering how bad it can be exactly.

depends on how bad your tuner is.....

stick with us, we'll get you dialed in!

:)

Boxstang40

Established Member
Glad I saw this thread. It's one of those never ending debates but I wouldn't say anyone is wrong or right. I've ridden in and driven both and like others said its personal preference. I like the "big block grin" with the tvs in low rpm but the rush up top from centris is nice too. Both have their own pros and cons. Decisions decisions...

Riptide

Established Member
Like so many people I go back and forth on which one seems the best choice. The price difference is not near as significant as it once was if you factor in the extras (expansion tank, t bolts, torque booster) on the paxton kit.

It would be nice to have two identical cars running same gearing, transmission, fuel, tire, and boost with both kits to compare at the same track same day. To really see which one is going to be faster in that 9-10psi range.

If the paxton was as cheap as it used to be it would be easier to talk myself into it.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Like so many people I go back and forth on which one seems the best choice. The price difference is not near as significant as it once was if you factor in the extras (expansion tank, t bolts, torque booster) on the paxton kit.

It would be nice to have two identical cars running same gearing, transmission, fuel, tire, and boost with both kits to compare at the same track same day. To really see which one is going to be faster in that 9-10psi range.

If the paxton was as cheap as it used to be it would be easier to talk myself into it.

none of the other stuff is needed. it's all what you want.

the Paxton kit is a 10 second package out of the box.

Riptide

Established Member
While it's true that none of that stuff is necessary for the kit to actually function. They are all worthwhile for various reasons. I've never been one to half ass anything. If I'm going to pull the trigger it will be with both barrels.

by9468840

Established Member
TVS! I'd do it over and over and never look back.
If you want good track times go for turbo. The only upside of centri blowers is beef selling them dead cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread