Paxton or Vmp Tvs

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Great times by Guy! He put another stock motor in? Figured he would've built the bottom end when he had the oil pump gear failure...

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I'm saving up for a blower and it'll be a TVS, I've ridden in a few TVS cars and they're very impressive. and I like the factory look.

coyote302

Established Member
Great times by Guy! He put another stock motor in? Figured he would've built the bottom end when he had the oil pump gear failure...

how do you know he had an oil pump failure ?:shrug: do you know him .... he have changed is rod and piston this winter....

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Yes I know him(met him a couple times). That's why he changed his rods and pistons... right

Why would you get that far into it and put stock parts back in?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm sold on the paxton even if it doesnt look factory stock, my hood is NEVER up anyways unless im cleaning/fixing/adding anything to engine bay. Happy with price and efficiency.

I also like the fact that it is lighter, 20lbs even 10lbs is good for me, any weighty off the front will help this car handle better. Battery in the back, lighter strut bar, maybe even a DIB painted carbon hood?

coyote302

Established Member
Yes I know him(met him a couple times). That's why he changed his rods and pistons... right

Why would you get that far into it and put stock parts back in?

no ,he have put manley rod and forged piston but leave the stock crank in ....

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Another choice is the new paxton I-1, supercharger...suppose to be like overspinning a centri w/ a wastegate...im very interested in this.

Do you mean the procharger i-1? I haven't heard of a Paxton i-1. Not trying to be mean just legitimately wondering if I missed something.

hotford

Established Member
You need to go for a drive in both cars that have the TVS and or paxton,you will soon see how thw paxton cars drive vs the TVS,both will give tons of power,but from a drivablility stand point the TVS is hands down better,most guys at the track that I spoken to have complained about the driveability in their paxton cars, great at idle and WOT, but suffers compared to the TVS, I guess that blow through Maf isnt working as good as it could.
Like I said drive both then, make your choice.

NickSezz

Established Member
We have tuned many of both kits...

The Paxton/Vortech kits usually make a bit more top end as expected at similar boost levels compared to the PD blowers.

Just off the top of my head,

One Vortach car here made 610whp/460wtq
Car had LTHs, JLT and Boss manifold running 14 degrees of timing and about 11psi.

Recently, a Roush TVS car recently made 582whp/515wtq with only 12 degrees of spark at about 11psi. (LTHs, JLT-123mm, 47lb injectors)

The Paxton made about 315wtq at 3500rpms while the Roush TVS made just over 500wtq at 3500rpms. The Paxton was dyned on a much better air day than the Roush also...

Like many have said, the choice is really on how you want the car to feel. The TVS will have a snappier throttle down low and be the most fun stop light to stop light.

The Paxton kits are proven to be monsters at the the track and putting down the power they deliver is more controlled not to mention they are dirt cheap from other vendors.

We like the TVS kits due to their OEM quality fitment and their overall reliability since the PD blowers are next to maintenance free.

We do not deal Paxton/Vortech but if you are interested in a bang for the buck Roush kit let us know!

2011-2014 MUSTANG 5.0L ROUSH TVS SUPERCHARGER STREET TUNER PACKAGE BY JDM

cmsnake

Established Member
Question, given all things equal, both at 8psi...

Which one will out perform at the strip and a 60-130 roll

TVS or Paxton?

(or a 100 shot of juice :D)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

TVS or Paxton?

You need a 150 shot to make it fair. And the bottle will take the win.

BMR Tech

TVS or Paxton?

My opinion is that, at that low of boost, the TVS/PD set-ups will be slightly quicker. However, once you start approaching the 10+ range, I have no clue.

deepblue13

Established Member
Buddy of mine and I ran from 30 roll (me TVS; him Paxton) and I put about a car on him. I made 582whp and he made some where around 640whp I believe. Similar mods, him having LT headers and me just a mid pipe. Very close though.

RC-5.0

Established Member
If you are not getting on it is fine but back to back runs will start to heat soak the heat exchanger.

1. Is there a specific meaning of "heat soak" other than the unit getting hot?

2. Does the larger dual-fan cooler on the VMP help rid this issue?

Thanks
RC

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
1. Is there a specific meaning of "heat soak" other than the unit getting hot?

2. Does the larger dual-fan cooler on the VMP help rid this issue?

Thanks
RC

Is not the unit itself is the water that flows thru the heat exchanger. The larger heat exchanger that vmp sells has more surface area to reject heat from the water.

Vic2186

Established Member
Mebcop we are both in ny..paxton auto stock block stock headers 10psi x pipe converter car.. I have a set a slicks and drag radials I will spot you a car and the break at the track and you can choose the tire of your choice..that will be a good test ...a lil money won't hurt either lol but we can see who is faster!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Mebcop we are both in ny..paxton auto stock block stock headers 10psi x pipe converter car.. I have a set a slicks and drag radials I will spot you a car and the break at the track and you can choose the tire of your choice..that will be a good test ...a lil money won't hurt either lol but we can see who is faster!

that might be a worth while youtube video.

Users who are viewing this thread