PARTS!! turbo.. and more PARTS !! pics inside

Scottyk

Established Member
I would look into a larger down pipe possibly for it.. single 3" might restrict quite a bit with the power levels you "could" hit with this set-up. and you need that flex joint in there! I cant believe hellion makes a SS hotside without a flex joint in it to be honest with you. That kit dont look too bad for a ebay deal man, keep up the work and get a huge fuel system

TRBO VNM

I would look into a larger down pipe possibly for it.. single 3" might restrict quite a bit with the power levels you "could" hit with this set-up. and you need that flex joint in there! I cant believe hellion makes a SS hotside without a flex joint in it to be honest with you. That kit dont look too bad for a ebay deal man, keep up the work and get a huge fuel system

I still don't understand? why can't you believe it? there are so many kits out there with no issues at all with lots of miles on them. if the hole hotside from the manifolds to the turbo and then the turbo is secure to the motor, there isn't a lot of movement. it all torq's together with the motor.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
You may run into an issue with the alignment. I tried that last year and my alignment shop said that they could not get it where it needed to be. Not even close. But I guess it really depends on the K Member too. QA1 makes a really good set and there cheap (if you decide to). Any way can't wait to see the underside pics. Great job.

faststang14

Established Member

i know i know but bigger down pipe its a "lot" of money. i figure i would just put a cut out right off the downpipe and reliefe some of that problem :kaboom:

You may run into an issue with the alignment. I tried that last year and my alignment shop said that they could not get it where it needed to be. Not even close. But I guess it really depends on the K Member too. QA1 makes a really good set and there cheap (if you decide to). Any way can't wait to see the underside pics. Great job.

u might find aligment issues if u lower the car off the factory settings since ur camber cannot be adjusted but i will work my way around it. worst case im going with the polyutherane camber caster kit ( i cant remember the brand that makes it) but for now i just wanna get the car rolling

faststang14

Established Member
i got the car started last night and gave her a few passes down the block and everything is beautifull aside of a small oil leak from the return line to te oil pan that should be taken care of tonight. one thing i do find weird is that at idle the turbo does not spin at all. im thinking probably since the turbo is been sitting for a while on a counter maybe needs some driving. it does spool like crazy once it gets into boost which is by 3k . i dont have a boost gauge just yet but i feel the pull. something else i though is that maybe i have an exhaust leak but i cant find anything, plus the downpipe has pressure so something its going tru the turbo. any one has any imput on that? thanks the exhaust will be completed tonight and bolt everything up. more pictures to come

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

so the wheel doesn't turn at all at idle? I would think it would turn a little. not much, but something since the exhaust is being pushed through it.

on the exhaust leak, what makes you think you have one? although, if the exhaust is not finished, then how can you really tell? the car will sound totally different than it did before because the turbo acts as a muffler.

you should start seeing boost once you hit the gas, no matter the rpm, but you probably are not seeing full boost by 3k. you are just starting to feel the boost kick in. just make sure you hold on. lol

faststang14

Established Member
so the wheel doesn't turn at all at idle? I would think it would turn a little. not much, but something since the exhaust is being pushed through it.

on the exhaust leak, what makes you think you have one? although, if the exhaust is not finished, then how can you really tell? the car will sound totally different than it did before because the turbo acts as a muffler.

you should start seeing boost once you hit the gas, no matter the rpm, but you probably are not seeing full boost by 3k. you are just starting to feel the boost kick in. just make sure you hold on. lol

i though if i had an exhaust leak from the manifolds to the turbo it wouldnt built enoght pressure to turn the turbo at idle. its hard to find with an open down pipe. tonight i should have a clearer response. i dont have a boost gauge so i cant really see the boost range. i have a 9psi spring on it so its not gonna be that much of difference but by 3k u really feel it go. but it back fires (stock spark plugs and no tune) so we'll see

faststang14

Established Member
it happend to be wastegate was staying open and not building enough pressure. i have to shop around for a new wastegate. here are some pics from the downpipe and finished product :banana:

DSCF0654.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

DSCF0648.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0646.jpg

DSCF0645.jpg

DSCF0643.jpg

DSCF0642.jpg

DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0639.jpg

DSCF0638.jpg

DSCF0637.gif

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Looks good. Is that a socket of some kind that you use to plug the coolant hose? What did you end up doing for the coolant reservoir?

faststang14

Established Member
lol yeah thats my commercial grade coolant flow restrictor cap a.k.a 1 1/2 inch socket. i used an 2001 M3 coolant reservoir. fitted right in with good cleareance

timmymac

Established Member
the turbo should not spool at idle. its hard for the turbo to build boost without a load on the engine. you'll notice if your turbo spools at 3k, if you are in neutral, revving the engine, it my not build boost as easy as it would if you were driving down the road. Beautiful build though, must feel great driving it, knowing you did all the work yourself. congratulations.

-Tim

faststang14

Established Member
ive been looking at different setups and most of them turn at idle. ill figure out as soon as i replace the wastegate. other than that its a breeze

faststang14

Established Member
some upgrades that has be been done..

DSCF0662.gif

DSCF0661.gif

thanks to Wiseguy@BAP and the guys @Lethal performance

Fore dual hat, 8an lines, stage 2 pfdm, FRPP 80lb injectors hopefully will get the fuel there.

not in pictures is an SPEC 3 clutch and 26 spline imput shaft.

tunning section will begin tomorrow so #s will come very soon :rockon:

cross fingers for me guys

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Man my little panties get a little moist everytime I read about this beast! Best of Luck to ya and that clutch btw is fantastic should hold your power good. Keep the updates coming!!!

faststang14

Established Member
why did you decide to go dual -6?

I saw that too, but it looks like the line is -6 & -8?????

wiseguys@BAP got me an awsome deal on the hat ( i guess because no one uses it ?) so i only had to buy an 12$ y pipe from dual -6AN to single -8AN i didnt mind after saving over 100$ on the hat.

SOOOOOO final numbers are in.

PUMP GAS:
393HP @ 7.6PSI
622HP @ 16.5PSI
RACE GAS:
753HP @ 20.8PSI

could not be happied with the results remember this is from a non ballbearing turbo, 3" downpipe and 01 cobra intake stock MAF and a 66k mile stock long block and ebay hot side. :dancenana: :dancenana: just in time for the FAST AND FURIOUS francy:burn:

NEXT: 2 step, solid, and probably AUTO but first i have to get some new fancy shoes for the ride

faststang14

Established Member
more pictures of the exhaust fabrication i found around

IMAGE_003.gif

IMAGE_001.gif

and a picture of the #s they should be able to email me the sheet their printer wasnt working

IMAGE_008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread