PARTS!! turbo.. and more PARTS !! pics inside

faststang14

Established Member
There is a guy selling a MM k member and a arms under "taste of home" and then in California section think he wants $500 for it but I am sure you could get it for less

thanks i got the intercooler oil lines and k member kit today on the mail friday tear down begings pics coming soon !!

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Can't wait for the pics. I'm doing something very similar with a GT42-76. What type of intercooler and k member did you go with?

faststang14

Established Member
so dissasembly began.... all from this

SANY2459.jpg

we moved in to this

DSCF0558.jpg

ended up with this :banana:

DSCF0566.jpg

so we moved to the bottom

DSCF0569.jpg

oil return fittings

DSCF0571.gif

manifolds are in. better than expected :pepper:

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

they said the kit requiered a/c re wiring but the ac has nothing to do with the kit. i havent tighten everything up yet but i doubt it has to do with the a/c but in the drivers side i still have to deal with re routing coolant hoses and p/s line. i dont think is gonna be big deal it just got dark didnt have a chance to finish.

here is everything just presented

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0578.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg

more to come sunday

Last edited:

faststang14

Established Member
Can't wait for the pics. I'm doing something very similar with a GT42-76. What type of intercooler and k member did you go with?

i used an FMIC core intercooler from ebay 220$ and k member i used UPR but some modifications has to be done in the passanger side (knocks into the manifold) u have to grind down the upper plate

TRBO VNM

are you going to change your injectors?

also, i would highly recommend cutting out the flex pipe section from the driver side and have a solid piece welded in or use v-band clamps. i have seen people post on here and other sites that the flex hose has broken up and gone through the turbo, trashing the turbo. with a brand new turbo and kit, i would hate to see something like that happen to anyone.

faststang14

Established Member
are you going to change your injectors?

Also, i would highly recommend cutting out the flex pipe section from the driver side and have a solid piece welded in or use v-band clamps. I have seen people post on here and other sites that the flex hose has broken up and gone through the turbo, trashing the turbo. With a brand new turbo and kit, i would hate to see something like that happen to anyone.

yes im going with 89lb injectors but for now i just have to have the car crancked up thats why u see 39s on it. The felx pipe u have a point i might have it cut off while its on the muffler shop working on the exhaust

faststang14

Established Member
more updates today i broke a V band thats why the turbo didnt go in today but tomorrow is off to the muffler shop to get the exhaust and intercooler piping done.

DSCF0587.jpg

low clearence in the manifolds so time for some trimming :rockon:

DSCF0588.gif

DSCF0589.gif

didnt wanna go to deep

DSCF0586.jpg

coilovers in

DSCF0595.gif

DSCF0596.gif

and the final product

DSCF0599.gif

DSCF0600.gif

DSCF0592.gif

TRBO VNM

so you just cut your frame rail? I would rather dent the pipe if it was my car.

also, hate to call someone out, but man, who put the car on the lift? the front supports do not look safe at all. barely on the frame rails and actually looks like the ground effects from the car are resting on the arms of the lift. i wouldn't feel safe standing under there.

overall looks like it is coming along.

Mike@TCI

Established Member
no, its the Ebay setup, as previously mentioned. Layout and design are very much alike, but the materials and welding quality, are not.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Great job so far. How will you be running your down pipe? Also how and where did your V Band break?

faststang14

Established Member
so you just cut your frame rail? I would rather dent the pipe if it was my car.

also, hate to call someone out, but man, who put the car on the lift? the front supports do not look safe at all. barely on the frame rails and actually looks like the ground effects from the car are resting on the arms of the lift. i wouldn't feel safe standing under there.

THE PIPE TOUCHING WAS THE MANIFOLD I COULD NOT BENT IT SINCE IS THE COMPLETE PIECE. PLUS THAT SIDE NEEDS TERMINATION. ITS GONNA BE ANGLE CUT AND RE WELDED FOR MAXIMUN SUPPORT. PLUS IT DOESNT WORRY ME SO MUCH SINCE ITS AFTER THE STRUT TOWER.

ABOUT THE LIFT FROM THE PICTURES U CANT SEE IT BUT IT HAS PLASTIC SOLID BLOCKS HOLDING ON THE FRAME SO IT CLEARS THE GROUND EFFECTS. AND WHO PUT IT THERE? JUST ME :rolling:

DSCF0568.jpg

overall looks like it is coming along.

Great job so far. How will you be running your down pipe? Also how and where did your V Band break?

the V band broke coming off the passanger side manifold to the runner pipe i tight it with a air gun which wasnt a good idea... the down pipe is gonna be runned over the k member on the drivers side right next to the runner pipe i will post pics once done.

the ebay kit is not that bad im not much of a welder but the material seems very solid and welds really nicely done.

remember once thing. i cannot afford expensive turbo kits or well named designers and/or builders. at the end after i screw a few things fix them and screw some more i will be able to say this was done by me and my blood and sweat. after all thats why im doing this just to have fun :rolling:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I think the project is coming along great. A few problems here and there, but it's a custom job. I'm poor too, so I'm in the same boat.

TRBO VNM

what i meant was, remove the manifold and take a socket and put the round side of the socket where you need the dent and use a dead blow hammer to make the dent.

at least you are planning on fixing the frame rail. glad to hear that.

are the pipes fully mounted? those up-pipes almost look like they hang lower than the rack and even lower than the kmember from the pics.

faststang14

Established Member
well this is the reason i havent done much progress. i kind of went in a different way and ditch the Master Powers T76 and got around this

3-4.jpg

2-2.jpg

a nice looking hot Tial GT4290. now i have to work in fitmen issues. i know people have done it and it fits. my question is how? does any one has tips. will i have to get rid of the fan and go with flex-a-lite? soon will know when i change my flange on the hot side to the V band Tial housing and present the beast to his new home.

Users who are viewing this thread