PARTS!! turbo.. and more PARTS !! pics inside

faststang14

Established Member
here are some boxes im stocking on the storage...

DSCF0545.gif

DSCF0551.gif

DSCF0546.gif

DSCF0552.gif

DSCF0547.jpg

king size dring from the B.King :pepper:

DSCF0548.jpg

DSCF0549.jpg

MasterPower T76 hybrid 72 A/R .96

DSCF0550.jpg

only waiting on the K member, OBX terminator 44MM race wastegate and FMIC intercooler to start fab/build

so far 1100$ into the built im only missing misc parts so hopefully i will stay withing my 1600$ built budget w.out fuel system.

shhak

Established Member
where'd you get the headers and other piping? If you can stay under $1600, that's a hell of a deal!

YGETV8

Established Member
Dem der look like eBay headers to me! Please let us know how they fit and the quality... been wondering 'bout that...

faststang14

Established Member
yes they are Ebay hot side kit that runs for like 450$ i made them an offer for 380 and they took it. when they so desperate to sell so low there must be either something worng with them or desperate to get clientale. either way 380$ its worth the shoot plus so far the termination and craftmanship is very good. i will let u know by the weekend if there is any adjustments or fitment issues. they claim some re wiring has to be done for the a/c lets see about that. i will let u know by the end of the built the parts, prices and places i got them from for a cheap turbo built and i hope decent how-to writte up

TRBO VNM

looking good so far. i would also be curious how the hotside holds up after some miles are put on it all. keep us updated.

faststang14

Established Member
since im here does any one knows where i can buy the coupler that goes in the tb to the intercooler piping? it suppose to be oval 4 1/8 to round 2.5" let me know

TRBO VNM

not sure. i know you can't buy the hellion from the place that makes them. another option you may like better, what i did on a guys car to convert to blow thru was used a procharged elbow from their supercharger kit. then you don't need a transition coupler. you just need a round coupler, which i bought a foot and i can cut some for you if you want to buy it. then you can use larger piping from the intercooler to the tbody.

faststang14

Established Member
dude ill pay big $ for that connector i even call hellion to have it custom produced for me and sold separtelly and they gave me a "priority" production time of 3 months... how long does it take to do those frikin things?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

dude ill pay big $ for that connector i even call hellion to have it custom produced for me and sold separtelly and they gave me a "priority" production time of 3 months... how long does it take to do those frikin things?

well, hellion gave the company the design or file. basically whatever it takes to make it, hellion gave that to the company that supplies their couplers. so hellion has the rights to it and that company is not allowed to sell to anyone but hellion.

i do have one, but it has a hole in it from a guy who got the brilliant idea to put his nitrous jet in it. freaking moron. so it is garbage and even if it was good, i would have to clear it with hellion to sell just that because of the whole rights issue.

however, like i mentioned before, you can buy the procharger part for $140 from procharger and i think the 4" round 4 ply coupler i have is like 5-10 bucks for a 3 or 4 inch wide piece, if that. imo, it looks and works better that way.

TRBO VNM

this is jut wrong :nonono:

im just gonna have to custom make a oval finish pipe and use a 4" pipe and try to mold it to it

hmm, so it is wrong to ceate your own design and have rights to it? so then come up with your own and have a company produce it and supply it to the world.

they never said they wouldn't sell you one, right? they could have said too bad, you aren't a hellion customer, so it is not available to you. they just said that it will be a little while before they can get one made. they order everything in bulk. that is why they can stock everything on the shelf. they aren't going to just call the company and say, hey, send me one. like when they call bassani, they order like 20 kits at a time. that is the cost effective way of doing it.

so they may have enough stock for a few months before they have to order anymore and add yours to the order. it may be sooner or later depending on how the sales go and when they need to order.

you making a custom pipe will probably cost more time and money to get a finish product than the option i mentioned about the procharger pipe. but whatever. no reason to get pissy at hellion. your the one trying to put a turbo kit together for under $2000. and if you do, good for you.

faststang14

Established Member
i was just playing man im sorry. i understand them and they were very considered in giving me measurements for the coupler and will be happy to order one for me it just was gonna take a while i would never be pissed to a company that makes great products themself and wants to keep it that way. i just mean it sucks that i have some delays due to a simple coupler nothing major i already found one no biggy and again im sorry if i made myself misunderstood.

hmm, so it is wrong to ceate your own design and have rights to it? so then come up with your own and have a company produce it and supply it to the world.

they never said they wouldn't sell you one, right? they could have said too bad, you aren't a hellion customer, so it is not available to you. they just said that it will be a little while before they can get one made. they order everything in bulk. that is why they can stock everything on the shelf. they aren't going to just call the company and say, hey, send me one. like when they call bassani, they order like 20 kits at a time. that is the cost effective way of doing it.

so they may have enough stock for a few months before they have to order anymore and add yours to the order. it may be sooner or later depending on how the sales go and when they need to order.

you making a custom pipe will probably cost more time and money to get a finish product than the option i mentioned about the procharger pipe. but whatever. no reason to get pissy at hellion. your the one trying to put a turbo kit together for under $2000. and if you do, good for you.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
this is jut wrong :nonono:

im just gonna have to custom make a oval finish pipe and use a 4" pipe and try to mold it to it

If you are handy with welding aluminum and cutting to fit you can make your own. That is what we did for mine. It is a transition from a 4" to the oval TB. My friend has made a few for his truck and one for mine. We had scrap AL laying around and did not want to buy a "special" coupling for it.

Last edited:

faststang14

Established Member
ok, sounds good. your emicon made it sound like you were pissed at them

nah they are great they helped me out a lot. i wish i could buy their kit but i cant afford it plus i like to get dirty and creative :D

trbo vnm thanks u have been of great help i will keep u guys posted on the build

red03dave

Established Member
There is a guy selling a MM k member and a arms under "taste of home" and then in California section think he wants $500 for it but I am sure you could get it for less

Users who are viewing this thread