out with the new and in with the old. (build thread)

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
I was able to get the car on the dyno this weekend, however I ran into a number of tuning issues and was unable to get the car squared away and running to its full potential. Along with that it was 90+ deg and 75% humidity all day which deff choked some power. The car put down 265whp and 276ftlbs running rich at 11.7 AFR shutting off at 5200RPM. So im confident with some tuning and a slightly cooler day the car is deff capable of a 300+HP

img1124bu.jpg

img1125kx.jpg

pull
[youtube_browser]h9DntpzGvGE[/youtube_browser]

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looks so amazing man. I'll never have the patience to keep after a project of this magnitude.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Ya that is crazy rich! That's not bad #'s considering though. I have not used MS myself I prefer the stock A9L though with a Moates QH. The MS has some cool features though. I may use one in an efi conversion eventually. There are some guys on corral.net good with the MS though, might be worth a trip in there.

1967eleanor

Established Member
another update: I found an original rallye pack gauge housing, this was the same thing that came on original 67 shelbys. Its extremely hard to find them and when they are they are not cheap, scott drake makes a reproduction one that isnt exact and that runs about $600. shelby ran stewart warner oil pressure and amp gauges in them. I sent the housing out to get powder coated just like shelby did, however I decided to run a water temp and oil pressure.

Ignore the mess of wires from the megasquirt that ive been playing with.
img1133c.jpg

img1131tf.jpg

this picture reminds me I still have to wire up the radio illumination.

img1136tw.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
looks my car made the flyer for the NYM 4th annual fundraiser. I wont be able to make it this year but if you can check it out! great show for a good cause.

WFW-Thread-Flyer2.jpg

jruppert

Established Member
subscribing..

I love everything about this thread. I spent the night last night reading the whole post until now. Definitely locked in..

I believe I read earlier that the previous owner used a 5.0 from 94-95 Mustang. It appears the engine is out of a 86-93 though. After you changed that intake I realized it didnt have mass air. So maybe a 87 or 88? Just an observation.

Like I said, I love everything about this build. I currently have a 94 with a 351w and have thought about doing something like what you did but never so specific. Lots of respect for what you did. I found last night that you can purchase a Ford licensed body for around $15k. Seems like a lot but I suppose when you eliminate the time spent in body work it may be worth it.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Always love updates in this thread, even if it's just more pictures.

I agree that 300whp is achievable with cooler conditions and a better a/f.

jruppert

Established Member
Did I read correctly that the court date is the 30th (tomorrow)? Good luck and I hope you receive some compensation for their lack of concern for your vehicle. I use to work at a body shop as a cost (damage) estimator. We ALWAYS brought every vehicle in at night. It was more of a concern for vandalism than anything else. If we had a classic that was being restored or just painted then it sat inside 24/7. They had no reason to leave your vehicle outside. He was or had to be aware of the condition of the vehicle when you got an estimate and when you dropped it off. He should have taken professional care regardless if he had room in the building or not. He could have pulled a vehicle out until yours was done. Its piss poor management and scheduling on his part to have accepted your vehicle if he wasnt ready for it. I say bring it on! He is without a doubt liable for those damages caused.

1967eleanor

Established Member
subscribing..

I love everything about this thread. I spent the night last night reading the whole post until now. Definitely locked in..

I believe I read earlier that the previous owner used a 5.0 from 94-95 Mustang. It appears the engine is out of a 86-93 though. After you changed that intake I realized it didnt have mass air. So maybe a 87 or 88? Just an observation.

Like I said, I love everything about this build. I currently have a 94 with a 351w and have thought about doing something like what you did but never so specific. Lots of respect for what you did. I found last night that you can purchase a Ford licensed body for around $15k. Seems like a lot but I suppose when you eliminate the time spent in body work it may be worth it.

the long block originally in the car was out of a 94/95 gt and was running 87 management(speed density). I have since changed the heads/cam/intake/exhaust/management. so really the only thing left un-touched is the bottom end.

The "ford licensed body" is a reproduction shell that is made in Taiwan. These also have to be registered as a kit car, im not sure of the details on that exactly. However I do know that my car being an ORIGINAL fastback not a dynacorn shell or a coupe to fastback conversion will be worth more. Just as a real shelby is worth more than a clone. Even with a "new" shell you will still have just as much if not more time fitting panels, where as original ford stuff fits.

Always love updates in this thread, even if it's just more pictures.

I agree that 300whp is achievable with cooler conditions and a better a/f.

I think so, the car has put 265-270 whp down on 2 different dynos, I think with proper tuning 300 is achievable which I think is very impressive for a mild 302.

Did I read correctly that the court date is the 30th (tomorrow)? Good luck and I hope you receive some compensation for their lack of concern for your vehicle. I use to work at a body shop as a cost (damage) estimator. We ALWAYS brought every vehicle in at night. It was more of a concern for vandalism than anything else. If we had a classic that was being restored or just painted then it sat inside 24/7. They had no reason to leave your vehicle outside. He was or had to be aware of the condition of the vehicle when you got an estimate and when you dropped it off. He should have taken professional care regardless if he had room in the building or not. He could have pulled a vehicle out until yours was done. Its piss poor management and scheduling on his part to have accepted your vehicle if he wasnt ready for it. I say bring it on! He is without a doubt liable for those damages caused.

the court date was 2 years ago, I ended up getting ****ed more or less. I got money for the side skirts to be replaced but had to eat the rest. It is mostly because of this that I now do bodywork/restoration and have been for the past couple years. I guess I had a hard enough time finding people to do good work so I decided to take up a job offer by the owner of the shop where my car was painted.

here is a real 68 GT500 that I have been doing a full concourse rotisserie restoration at work.

217845_10152027842135478_1280835602_n.jpg

jruppert

Established Member
I completely understand where you are coming from when you say that your better off doing it yourself. Its the little things that you do yourself that gives you the pride at the end of the day to know and say that you accomplished something. No one will ever care about your vehicle as much as you will. I have never done body work but I do all my mechanical work. I've been burned so many times from shops that try to rip you off. Its a real shame.

1967eleanor

Established Member
Ive been having some odd ignition issues which I belive is the PIP sensor inside the distributor so I picked up this to replace the eyesore OEM distb thats in there now.

img1192uq.jpg

BLK93GT

Established Member
The MSD distributors look nice but are hit miss badly. A lot of guys take the OEM internals out and stick in the MSD. Just an fyi you may luck out though. Just something I've seen owning 15+ foxbodies and working on probably 50-100 others lol.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

1967eleanor

Established Member
new distributor in
img1204ps.jpg

I also bought a original 140 mph shelby speedo to replace the standard 120 mustang one.

img1209v.jpg

and lastly put the car back into storage for the winter while im away at school.

img1205ys.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
started this pig up this weekend, It was a little grumpy but sounded angrier than ever.

[youtube_browser]PTLVzcZT9qM[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread