out with the new and in with the old. (build thread)

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Man, i have to say i love this car. after my fox resto i swore i would never do another car again, but you really got me thinking.

Few things.

I painted my fire extinguisher to match my car, you should do the same.. what a difference it will make.

Also, i love the look of the car but i think if you some how offset-ted the rear wheels with maybe an inch spacer, it would make the car look like a different animal. Just some ideas for you to play with.

But you truly have done what most people couldn't. congrats.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You did great with this project, Dave. I well remember your old Terminator Eleanor! This '67, though, is so nice. Sounds wicked, too. Enjoy it! :)

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
Man, i have to say i love this car. after my fox resto i swore i would never do another car again, but you really got me thinking.

Few things.

I painted my fire extinguisher to match my car, you should do the same.. what a difference it will make.

Also, i love the look of the car but i think if you some how offset-ted the rear wheels with maybe an inch spacer, it would make the car look like a different animal. Just some ideas for you to play with.

But you truly have done what most people couldn't. congrats.

You know its funny you should mention that. I said the same thing after this car. However about 6 months later I started getting the itch to build another car so Im in the process of doing a Chopped/channeled/bagged 54 chevy.I pulled it out of a field where it had been sitting since 1996. ive been working on it for about a year now. The whole bottom of the car was rotted out, so far Ive done complete floors/floor braces/ the front clip and one of the doors. Im gonna be doing the inner and outer rockers/quarters next month over winter break.

img0309og.jpg

currently
img1238ca.jpg

and this is what the end result will look like

532178_10152232762235478_763254938_n.jpg

Back to the 67,
the fire extinguisher is staying red as it was in the movie.

The rear end of the car isnt centered, its offset to the pass side 1/2 inch so the pass side tire is flush and the drivers is sunk in. Ive been told its normal, ive measured another 68 mustang and it had the same thing. Fords quality control in the 60s leave something to be said. So i need to buy another rear end housing and move the brackets over to center the car.

img3444k.jpg

img3445c.jpg

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member
Were the 1/4s ever replaced? That's usually the cause, normally the rearend is ok. Did you install new leaf springs? Make sure the centering pins are installed.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

1967eleanor

Established Member
Were the 1/4s ever replaced? That's usually the cause, normally the rearend is ok. Did you install new leaf springs? Make sure the centering pins are installed.

I measured the 1/4s they are both equal, I had the problem with the old leafs as well as the new leafs.

Ripped

Established Member
Based on the NSFW thread, I decided to leave
I measured the 1/4s they are both equal, I had the problem with the old leafs as well as the new leafs.

These cars are all pretty old, a lot of things can happen to them over the years.

When I did mine, the welder I hired butchered the door fit on the drivers side. I was trying to get everything to line up, when I knocked off a 3/4 thick hunk of bondo, he used to pretend that he got everything to line up.

I learned welding and bodywork, because he took shortcuts.

Turns out my car was hit on the drivers door near the B pillar. I had to cut apart all the welds and redo it, which was a piss off, because I bought him all new metal to rebuild the body with.

Is there a way that you can get a laser, check the frame dimensions?

11757d1268541759-mustang-underbody-dimensions-long-67-mustang-cougar-chassis-frame-dimension-001s.jpg

Last edited:

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
Absolutely incredible. I'll admit, I wasn't too pumped about Shelby clones for a long time BECAUSE so many of them were so poorly done. This build, however, makes me feel like a kid. I've had an ear to ear grin throughout most of the thread. The part without the grin was the shitbag that screwed your progress. Despite the set back, with your determination, the project has come an amazing distance. I'm speechless further than what I've already posted. Once again, Incredible build.

cobraless

Established Member
Wow! I just read this entire thread, very cool car and very meticulous nice work as well! Too bad you aren't here in AZ you could be out cruising all winter long. Maybe start a new thread for your chopped project?? I bet people would be interested. :)

1967eleanor

Established Member
Wow! I just read this entire thread, very cool car and very meticulous nice work as well! Too bad you aren't here in AZ you could be out cruising all winter long. Maybe start a new thread for your chopped project?? I bet people would be interested. :)

Its up to you guys....Ill make a thread for that if people want. any input?

OT: I scored a original theater standee on ebay

img1403si.jpg

and pulled the car out once more before putting it away for the rest of the winter.

img1409nm.jpg

one with the daily.:beer:

img1406zj.jpg

1967eleanor

Established Member
kind of a funny update but I went to start the car up just to let it run. just cranked and cranked on 3 different days. Looks like the MSD TFI module shit the bed with less than 200 miles on it. haha oh well, just kinda laughed it off covered the car back up and did work on the 54 instead. Ill fix that along with the randomly leaking thermostat housing gasket in the spring. Funny the car seems to have developed the personality of the movie car too haha. Happy new year everyone!

img0654km.jpg

BLK93GT

Established Member
kind of a funny update but I went to start the car up just to let it run. just cranked and cranked on 3 different days. Looks like the MSD TFI module shit the bed with less than 200 miles on it. haha oh well, just kinda laughed it off covered the car back up and did work on the 54 instead. Ill fix that along with the randomly leaking thermostat housing gasket in the spring. Funny the car seems to have developed the personality of the movie car too haha. Happy new year everyone!

img0654km.jpg

Remember what I said about those msd distributors lol. Not long after I mentioned that the one on my cousin's car came apart. I took a few pics. The thermostat housings are a pita. Is it an OEM one?

Users who are viewing this thread