On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

D.T.R

Established Member
O ok. I would have thought that if you were running a "production kit" that meant it was in production and available for purchase. When will people be able to purchase a kit?

Not choosing sides ... but let's give the guy a break. At least he invested a good amount of time making a kit and contributing to the 5.0 community. Whether the kit is efficient or not, only the time will tell... let's just sit back and watch... then draw a conclusion :D

on3performance

O ok. I would have thought that if you were running a "production kit" that meant it was in production and available for purchase. When will people be able to purchase a kit?

It is going to be a production kit but Im still finishing and getting it to that point. I have the productions all setup and running the parts now but it all takes time. I needed to finish up testing and make sure everything was working good with the setup before Im going to do the production.

Its all in the works though and will be brought to market in the very near future. Not sure if people have seen the videos but I have a few videos driving around with my 2011.

2011 on the street - YouTube

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I'm not picking sides either, although I am leaning towards one from my past experience with cheap parts. Just asking questions that deserve answers if he wants people's hard earned money. Sorry for thinking that if he is running a "production kit", that his kit is currently available and ready for purchase by consumers. I only asked how many he has sold so I can get some insight into when we could be expecting 3rd party results and the quantity of results we will see.

Also, I still don't understand why we cannot see a dyno sheet after multiple requests.

on3performance

I have been on the dyno many times during this whole process and I never get printouts when Im there. Ill email him now and have him send that graph over. Its not a big deal, give me a minute

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Just to clarify before you post numbers. You are on what will be the base kit; i.e. 60mm turbos, 47lb injectors, the required maf, and some custom tune?

If possible can we see the graph with boost and A/F plotted?

on3performance

Yes this is the exact way the kits come, 47# injectors, custom calibrated maf, On 3 60mm ceramic ball bearing turbos and a custom tune. I do have our off road x pipe on the car as well.

on3performance

I pulled the file for this project and I lied, I do have a graph from the first time it was on the dyno with the twins. This is back in March and before cutouts were added. I dont have a scanner here at my shop so a photo of this will have to do for the time being.

photo-17.jpg

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Yes this is the exact way the kits come, 47# injectors, custom calibrated maf, On 3 60mm ceramic ball bearing turbos and a custom tune. I do have our off road x pipe on the car as well.

Any valve spring issues with the stock motor?

Seems a few turbo kits experience valve float on the stock motor

on3performance

That would be with kits with very high back pressure, I'm under 2:1. If we were floating valves it would have the boost tapering off most likely. Thats a big issue on the single setups and Im sure what your referring to were people are seeing up to 4:1 drive pressure. On higher boost and built engine applications, you would need to upgrade springs. As for this setup and level on a stock engine, there isn't any issue with floating valve.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
That would be with kits with very high back pressure, I'm under 2:1. If we were floating valves it would have the boost tapering off most likely. Thats a big issue on the single setups and Im sure what your referring to were people are seeing up to 4:1 drive pressure. On higher boost and built engine applications, you would need to upgrade springs. As for this setup and level on a stock engine, there isn't any issue with floating valve.

That makes sense, I've read in the rags about the float issue and that steered me away from a turbo, but now thinking turbo again hmmmm

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
How is the heat build up under the hood with all the exhaust running so close to all that plastic coil covers and other stuff. I heard another company was burning the paint of the hood bc so much heat is produced and has no way to get out. I was talking to a friend about it earlier today. He figured with all the added heat it would either cook the plastic and cause it to break or just melt it.

stang8psi

Established Member
Putting the stock meter into a 3" tube in a blow through application was going to peg. I would have to see what the s/c application looked like and where the maf is placed.

Procharger! Vortech! And Paxton all use the stock maf and all are blow through and all produce well into the 600+ range on factory maf!!! Just doesn't make sense??

Is your maf a plug in unit so no wires have to be cut?

on3performance

Procharger! Vortech! And Paxton all use the stock maf and all are blow through and all produce well into the 600+ range on factory maf!!! Just doesn't make sense??

Is your maf a plug in unit so no wires have to be cut?

I really dont know what to tell you, putting the stock maf into a 3" housing in a blow through application isn't going to have much range before pegging. If it didnt need re-calibrated, I wouldnt do it or say it needs done. We had no option and as for the other application, it would have to do with the size of the housing they place them in. Im guessing they are placing it in the intercooler or transitioning the tubing so its in a larger housing.

I kept the placement so it will not require wiring to be extended

on3performance

How is the heat build up under the hood with all the exhaust running so close to all that plastic coil covers and other stuff. I heard another company was burning the paint of the hood bc so much heat is produced and has no way to get out. I was talking to a friend about it earlier today. He figured with all the added heat it would either cook the plastic and cause it to break or just melt it.

I dont have anything wrapped and just have my downpipes painted with the high temp vht paint. I thought about using some of the reflective heat shield that you can basically just stick where ever you like. I chose against it as I just wanted to see how everything would be without it and basically worse case scenario. Everything is fine the way it is so I doubt I use it. There is just no way it would burn the hood paint with the stock insulation in there

I am running blankets on the turbos to help keep some of the heat down and will be an option with the kits. It was never an issue to that point, I just threw a set on before the track the other day

D.T.R

Established Member
I will definitely run blankets on my turbo(s) and wrap or ceramic coat my dp(s)

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I pulled the file for this project and I lied, I do have a graph from the first time it was on the dyno with the twins. This is back in March and before cutouts were added. I dont have a scanner here at my shop so a photo of this will have to do for the time being.

photo-17.jpg

Is this just running off the wastegates or is there some other boost control method being used?

D.T.R

Established Member
Is this just running off the wastegates or is there some other boost control method being used?

how do you read that graph? :shrug:
What does it make? at what PSI? and at what RPMs is on full boost?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Boost is the bottom green line, at about 3200 it's making about 4.5-5 psi at 6.7k it is around 6.5-7 psi. The middle jagged line is A/F. You can also see the average and peak numbers on the bottom.

MAX TQ is 518 ftlb
MAX HP is 564
MAX A/F is 11.79
MIN A/F is 11.01
MAX Boost is 6.8 psi

AVG TQ is 453
AVG HP is 413
AVG A/F is 11.50

Seems to have boost creep issues as pressure never comes to steady state, just keeps rising until the run was ended.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread