On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
:burnout:
Generally the way to get information is to ask questions about things you do not know. I don't know how you go about gaining understanding on new products or topics but I think asking questions is completely reasonable. Others in here have either past experience with On3, manufacture their own kits and know what it takes to do so, or work in an environment that means they have first hand experience with what it costs to have things manufactured and the costs associated with quality parts.

You using Hellion as an example is laughable, there are few good reviews and generally they are presented by dealers. This kit is even cheaper yet than that setup and contains more hardware. So common sense should tell you corners are being cut somewhere.

You are correct that final judgement needs to be held until people have them on their car. However, for the reasons mentioned above and the stupid low price there isn't much to inspire confidence in the system. On3 has been asked to provide dyno results multiple times in here and has not done so. If he is truly interested in selling this setup he needs data. Or he can just rely on people like you who see the cheap upfront cost, sell a bunch of kits and laugh on the way to bank, when most likely down the road there will be frustration with a component that was made for the lowest price possible.

O i wont be the one buying just because its cheap. I know get what you pay for. Ii know you have to ask question to get answers. Maybe i misinterpreted the way you asked questions and figured everyone was just trying to smash this guy i dunno. I dont post on here very often i more less just look for info but it just seemed to me everyone was jumping in this guy sh#t before he had a chance to explain. Im not here to defend on 3. I dont know him from you or the next person on here. I guess id rather give someone a chance before judging so quickly just because they believe another prodct is more superior even though not everything is known by the person passing judgement. . Even though quality issues are known from past experiences by other members. I still believe we should wait and let on3 either prove him self or lose. I know other people on this forum are known for their quality of a product and their vast knowledge on the subject.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
I love how some of you bash there kits whine kick your feet and cry,,,,,yet YOU HAVE NEVER had a 0n3 kit or ever seen one outside of the internet!!!!!!!!!!! i have personal exp with 4 kits that are more than a year to 4 years old with zero problems!! EOR

stang8psi

Established Member
still hasn't answered any questions about his kit! I also wouldnt put past it because of the price that everything is made and produced in china! When you buy Knockoffs from companies like on3 well you are ripping places like tial off, and putting another American out of work! It doesn't look like a quality kit just based off the low quality knockoff parts!

WHITEMACH

Established Member
take your mustang back , half of its made outside of the usa,,,,,,,,,,,,and the CHINESE MT-82 that i love so much!!!!!!!!!!

flash0080

Established Member
still hasn't answered any questions about his kit! I also wouldnt put past it because of the price that everything is made and produced in china! When you buy Knockoffs from companies like on3 well you are ripping places like tial off, and putting another American out of work! It doesn't look like a quality kit just based off the low quality knockoff parts!

Winner winner chicken dinner!!! Earlier he (on3) said he was a one man operation......he sells many different kits. How does one man make all these kits............answer is in red.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
^^^ hey i am with you on the made in the usa,but just look at a american muscle and the rims and etc and everyone with racestars,and the 3 inch x pipes made in canada etc.

Charisma

Established Member
Don't get me wrong. I, and others are not saying it won't work. I'm sure it will pressurize the intake track of the engine. That's the easy part.

To each their own. I've got some experience with turbo systems and I'm willing to do some testing.

I'm also a huge fan of being the underdog and a huge fan of proving people wrong. You probably aren't too "into" the import scene. I came from Honda's/Acura's, D.T.R. knows me from this scene; I'm known for poking my head in places where a vendor is getting slammed and helping them.

Back in 2010 I got involved with a company called PeakBoost who was being slammed for making turbo kits that were 'untuneable' due to boost creep. So, not only did I host an event with their products and fly their owner/Fabricator out to the east coast from Arizona; but I put together a car that made more power using their kit on 9PSI than most people made on 16PSI on their kit OR the competitors and proved the creep to be an issue with turbo choice and head flow; NOT just the manifold. (a sidewinder by nature will have some creep on a factory head flowing 300+cfm)

You know me and you know what I'm here to do.

On3, if you are interested; I would love to sit down and discuss with you some things. I'm proud of what you've done thus far in the Mustang world as a sole proprietor and as a fabricator.

Disclaimer: I do want to say, I am a bit skeptical of the 'generic' parts listed in their builds; but, I've also seen complete e-bay brand parts put a SOHC civic in the 10.0-10.1 @ 144 range for 2 years straight.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Im glad you can ASSURE everyone you know what your talking about. Im willing to bet all those companys make a nice chunk of change off those kits... Now im not saying the On3 kit is better then the others but the other kits they produce for 1/2 -1/3 the cost for other model mustangs have proven themselves.. Now for me to pay 8500 for a kit it better be flawless, produce alot higher #s and last the lifetime of the car.

I can assure you and anyone else I know what I'm talking about. I've 10+ years experience in the performance car industry. I'm a distributor for Tial, Precision, and many others. I know what things cost. I don't sell tint. I sell turbos, wastegates, intercoolers, injectors, computers, pistons/rods, etc... every day. I've also had extensive experience with ebay turbos, wastegates, and intercoolers that came off of customers cars. It's easy to get knock off stuff from over seas and then brand it as your own. Tial makes 44mm gates and 50mm bov's and were the original ones to do so. Precision recently came out with a 46mm gate that THEY designed. I have no problem with people designing their own product and then having it produced in china. But that's what happened with these turbos or these wastegates or these intercoolers. This is stuff being privately manufactured over seas and most likely does not have the quality control that other products designed in the USA have. Additionally, when you incorporate what it costs for all of the tubing, v band clamps and flanges and so on, it doesn't add up. JPC isn't making 100% mark up on their kit. I KNOW that for a fact because I know what turbocharger he uses I know that cost on that, the gate and the intercooler are over 2k alone. Plus tubing, man hours and misc items and cost is probably upwards of $5500.

Here are some examples:

Quality Bar and plate intercooler core:
ets%252520core.jpg

Ebay style cheap bar and plate core:
ebay%252520core.jpg

Ebay style 4 cyl turbo header (with bracing):
400936_10151016328665706_1935440712_n.jpg

FAKE Tial wastegate:
New Tial Mvs 38mm Turbocharger Wastegate - Buy Wastegate,38mm Wastegate,Tial Wastegate Product on Alibaba.com

Fake/knockoff/garbage turbocharger:
Ball Bearing Turbocharger - Buy Turbocharger,Ball Bearing Product on Alibaba.com

CPRsm

To each their own. I've got some experience with turbo systems and I'm willing to do some testing.
That's totally fine, it's your money. I find these threads amusing when someone asks what people think, and the negative answers are "slamming." Or because someone had a good experiance, it makes all the other people who have had problems null and void. Don't like the answers, don't ask the question.

D.T.R

Established Member

I'm also a huge fan of being the underdog and a huge fan of proving people wrong. You probably aren't too "into" the import scene. I came from Honda's/Acura's, D.T.R. knows me from this scene; I'm known for poking my head in places where a vendor is getting slammed and helping them.

Back in 2010 I got involved with a company called PeakBoost who was being slammed for making turbo kits that were 'untuneable' due to boost creep. So, not only did I host an event with their products and fly their owner/Fabricator out to the east coast from Arizona; but I put together a car that made more power using their kit on 9PSI than most people made on 16PSI on their kit OR the competitors and proved the creep to be an issue with turbo choice and head flow; NOT just the manifold. (a sidewinder by nature will have some creep on a factory head flowing 300+cfm)

On3, if you are interested; I would love to sit down and discuss with you some things. I'm proud of what you've done thus far in the Mustang world as a sole proprietor and as a fabricator.

Disclaimer: I do want to say, I am a bit skeptical of the 'generic' parts listed in their builds; but, I've also seen complete e-bay brand parts put a SOHC civic in the 10.0-10.1 @ 144 range for 2 years straight.

You need to hurry up and buy this kit so that you can test how it performs

ohyesson.gif

Charisma

Established Member
Might have to sell the Stang so I can build another RSX and wax dat-a$$, Juan!

D.T.R

Established Member
Might have to sell the Stang so I can build another RSX and wax dat-a$$, Juan!

whose ass?
if mine, well... you better build something that traps higher than 150mph then... Because I'm going for low 10s high 9s at 150mph+ :burnout:

Last edited:

on3performance

why do we need to use the MAF in your kit? the 2011 are able to produce well over the HP range the older cars in blow through and draw through!

Putting the stock meter into a 3" tube in a blow through application was going to peg. I would have to see what the s/c application looked like and where the maf is placed.

on3performance

Sure we can most certainly talk more about the setup if you would like. I bought a 2011 just for the purpose to do the testing, take videos, race, etc myself. We have 2 other pretty well known shops that will be instantly doing builds, both of which are built engine cars so it will get pushed.

on3performance

I have not attempted to even take a sale yet. I have been finishing up all the productions and also been getting miles on my car at the same time to ensure everything is good. I have a list of customers right now ready to order I just haven't taken deposits or money. I have never worked that way and never will. I won't sell the product till I have a certain shipping date and the customer is well aware.

The first production kit is currently on my car right now, thats the only kit installed at this time.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
O ok. I would have thought that if you were running a "production kit" that meant it was in production and available for purchase. When will people be able to purchase a kit?

Users who are viewing this thread