On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

gtformula

Established Member
Im really looking forward to a production date with a delivery date attached. I have had twin turbo cars in the past and waited up to a year to get the parts. I hope this kit will be in stock and ready to buy when its ready. I would buy one today if I knew I would have it in my hands quick.

KidMoney

Established Member
I think everyone is comparing apples and oranges. The On3 kit isn't a meant to be an all out race kit. It's a street kit that is meant to be fun, and not as expensive as an all out race kit. You also know going in, that you aren't getting all the high dollar bells and whistles that you would with an expensive kit. The parts in his kit are known to work, and do what they are supposed to do. Though they may not live as long as some others. But I don't see people calling Edelbrock complaining that all their heads aren't Victor Glidden heads, and screaming that they make Performer heads. Because they are meant for different things. I know a lot of people running E-bay parts and cheap BOV's and Waistgates that are making a ton of power and putting down good numbers at the track and on the dyno. I myself have had a car with an On3 kit, I currently have a car with a Hellion kit. And the On3 kit worked fine, I never had any issues with it. I don't think the people that buy this kit should expect the performance or reliability of an $8000-$10000 kit. Also, when did $3700 base price become "cheap"? Sounds like a lot of money to me.

Bud

Established Member
5 pages and the kit isn't even out yet, good exposure! Will be interesting when the kits hit the market and people start using them, that will be the real test. It is nice to have good dev in a kit at the manufacturer but once the end users start putting it through the paces it will be more complete feedback.

As for a kit aimed at the 10 second crowd, I'll just say that 10's lead to 9's, which leads to... It is an addiction but required tech equipment will probably keep people in the 10 and up range so anything quicker really isn't needed except for bragging rights on a dyno. These cars are too easy to make power in. The more options consumers have the better though, it is good to see more kits coming to market.

on3performance

Im really looking forward to a production date with a delivery date attached. I have had twin turbo cars in the past and waited up to a year to get the parts. I hope this kit will be in stock and ready to buy when its ready. I would buy one today if I knew I would have it in my hands quick.

I dont operate that way, I have a list of people trying to give me credit cards. I will not take payments till have exact shipping dates. Once I know the certain shipping date, I have everyones contact info which Ill call and then setup the orders.

Once this production is ran, they will be on the shelf hopefully at all times and never have a back order. Just depends on the demand but as of now, I have a large amount of interested. So who knows how long our first production will sell out

on3performance

5 pages and the kit isn't even out yet, good exposure! Will be interesting when the kits hit the market and people start using them, that will be the real test. It is nice to have good dev in a kit at the manufacturer but once the end users start putting it through the paces it will be more complete feedback.

As for a kit aimed at the 10 second crowd, I'll just say that 10's lead to 9's, which leads to... It is an addiction but required tech equipment will probably keep people in the 10 and up range so anything quicker really isn't needed except for bragging rights on a dyno. These cars are too easy to make power in. The more options consumers have the better though, it is good to see more kits coming to market.

I agree, I will build my engine over the winter and I see no reason why people will not be able to daily drive and go 9's. I should already be working my way into the 10's on low boost. Im just keeping it moderate for the time as I just do not want to risk scattering my engine

on3performance

I think everyone is comparing apples and oranges. The On3 kit isn't a meant to be an all out race kit. It's a street kit that is meant to be fun, and not as expensive as an all out race kit. You also know going in, that you aren't getting all the high dollar bells and whistles that you would with an expensive kit. The parts in his kit are known to work, and do what they are supposed to do. Though they may not live as long as some others. But I don't see people calling Edelbrock complaining that all their heads aren't Victor Glidden heads, and screaming that they make Performer heads. Because they are meant for different things. I know a lot of people running E-bay parts and cheap BOV's and Waistgates that are making a ton of power and putting down good numbers at the track and on the dyno. I myself have had a car with an On3 kit, I currently have a car with a Hellion kit. And the On3 kit worked fine, I never had any issues with it. I don't think the people that buy this kit should expect the performance or reliability of an $8000-$10000 kit. Also, when did $3700 base price become "cheap"? Sounds like a lot of money to me.

Thanks and I think you are right on a lot of your points you have made. I have a ton of time and effort in this setup and clearly is the funnest Mustang I have owned. Its my daily so I run to the post office, friends house, out to dinner and really nothing has changed. Its quite as stock (which I dont care for) and drives down the road the exact same. I cant count the amount of people asking at lights or gas stations whats up with my wheels and why would I need them :)

Its a very reliable setup and guys are going to have a lot of fun with these cars. I know I have and very confident that if I can be happy with it, a majority of the market will like it as well. Time will tell

Next on the agenda, Im going to do a converter without turning the boost up to see where in the 10's that will put me on the ~6.5psi. From there Ill turn it up a few more psi and make a few more passes. That is about where I will keep it with the stock engine. Once the weather turns bad, I talked with HPP last night and they are going to do a short-block for us when Im ready. Goal would be a 9 second pass by spring time and continue to serve as much daily driving as possible

Bud

Established Member
Very interested in where your power is made and what converter stall you end up with. I've been curious how these cars will 60' with stock gears and a stall converter on a turbo setup building boost to get off the line but not push through the brakes. subbed for that

on3performance

I posted the graph, not sure what page its on. The stock converter will not allow you to build boost and just will push the car. I have just been leaving at idle and going 2.0 on the passes now and have gone 11.4 right now at 130 (129.8 to be exact I think). I have a 3200~ converter getting shipped to me tomorrow and is what was recommended. I sent them the graph and what Im doing and just said build it exactly how you would want it if it was your car. Hope to be back to the track in the next week or so

oneboredguy

Established Member
When are you planning on putting this kit into production? Running such low boost and the power is impressive to me. I dont see any reason why this kit wouldnt last forever running such low boost. I would love to get this for my car when it comes out.

D.T.R

Established Member
What WHP does it make on 6.5psi? also is that on 93oct pump?
You're running 60mm turbos right?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
how do you read that graph? :shrug:
What does it make? at what PSI? and at what RPMs is on full boost?

Boost is the bottom green line, at about 3200 it's making about 4.5-5 psi at 6.7k it is around 6.5-7 psi. The middle jagged line is A/F. You can also see the average and peak numbers on the bottom.

MAX TQ is 518 ftlb
MAX HP is 564
MAX A/F is 11.79
MIN A/F is 11.01
MAX Boost is 6.8 psi

AVG TQ is 453
AVG HP is 413
AVG A/F is 11.50

Seems to have boost creep issues as pressure never comes to steady state, just keeps rising until the run was ended.

What WHP does it make on 6.5psi? also is that on 93oct pump?
You're running 60mm turbos right?

We've already done this...:??:

Yes, he has confirmed he is on the 60mm turbos.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I'm sure it's just an average calculated off of the curve. But I honestly don't know. You have a sample rate and a torque figure for each sample point. So it would be easy to calculate an average out of the data. I don't know how it is relevant though.

on3performance

When are you planning on putting this kit into production? Running such low boost and the power is impressive to me. I dont see any reason why this kit wouldnt last forever running such low boost. I would love to get this for my car when it comes out.

Its in the works right now and will be coming to market hopefully within the next 5-6 weeks if all stays on track

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I must of missed this...

The only thing you need is a Sway bar delete and at this point its included in the price.

What about guys that get bored driving in a straight line for 9-12 seconds at a shot over and over again?

Users who are viewing this thread