On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

on3performance

So you're saying they're magnums, or they're a copy of the same parts they copied? Because made at the same plant does not mean they're the same. I personally didn't care for the Master Power or the likes (they're all based o. The same 20+ year old technology).The thrusts are soft and wear too quickly. Power was OK for the money I guess, but better out there for sure. Wear and power wise.

The magnum 60mm is the exact same turbo as our On 3 60mm that is going in each of our kits. This will be a single ceramic ball bearing included but we will have an option soon for a dual ceramic ball bearing.

on3performance

The turbo is a single ceramic ball bearing, 60mm inducer, .70ar compressor cover, 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, .68ar exhaust housing, t4 flanged, 3" vband outlet, 65mm exhaust wheel. If you need any other turbo spec I can go back and pull the other sizes if needed.

DSC05645.jpg

DSC05648.jpg

Here is the 67mm upgrade with billet wheel option

DSC05640.jpg

on3performance

Also under hotside I noticed it says there is a wastegate tube extension. I had that made with an extension at first as the manifold was not fitting without having to jack up the engine on one side. I have since changed design and and was able to get it to fit in there all as one piece. So thats an error on the website

MRSUPRA

Established Member
How is the spoolup? Do you know wht RPM the turbos come on at in 1st gear?

stang8psi

Established Member
why do we need to use the MAF in your kit? the 2011 are able to produce well over the HP range the older cars in blow through and draw through!

CPRsm

The magnum 60mm is the exact same turbo as our On 3 60mm that is going in each of our kits. This will be a single ceramic ball bearing included but we will have an option soon for a dual ceramic ball bearing.
Either it is or isn't a Magnum. Unless there is going to be another debacle like the injectors.

Charisma

Established Member
On3; I want to thank you for the quick responses you sent me via e-mail (this is Kurt BTW).

Highly interested in getting in on one of these kits. Would love to put down some of the nay-sayers and prove what a quality kit this is and how anyone can get into the 'game' with this kit. Definitely interested in doing a full write-up on the installation as well as a few trips to the dyno for different fuels and track testing. (Great having a dyno at our shop now!)

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I'm just going to do a little math here:

(2) Precision Billet 6262 BB - $2500
(2) Precision 44mm wastegates - $500
(1) Tial 50mm BOV - $200
(1) Any name brand Bar and plate intercooler to support 600whp - $400

Plus you add all of the above from a few posts up. Even twin garret BB turbos are over $1000 cost EACH. Tial has 44mm gates but you have your own brand of gates? They're knock offs man, like the kinds on ebay. I'm not knocking you but the only way you could offer this kit this cheap is if you were paying $75 per gate, $300-$400 per turbo, etc... And if you're paying those prices for these products than they are not quality parts I'd want to put on a 25k+ car.

You're kit pricing is SO LOW that it basically makes itself look bad. It's like someone coming out with an iphone competitor and then making it 1/3 the price. No one would take it serious. You would have been better off either marketing this as an entry level turbo kit with lower quality parts OR selling it for $6500-$7000 and then just making a huge profit and warrantying everything as it breaks.

Your turbo kit price implies that JPC, CPR, Helion, KenB are making 4k-5k profit per kit which I can ASSURE you and everyone else, they're NOT. When your kit is for sale at thousands less than other companies spend just making their kit, something is wrong.

Last edited:

CPRsm

On3; I want to thank you for the quick responses you sent me via e-mail (this is Kurt BTW).

Highly interested in getting in on one of these kits. Would love to put down some of the nay-sayers,.....
Don't get me wrong. I, and others are not saying it won't work. I'm sure it will pressurize the intake track of the engine. That's the easy part.

JoeDirty

Established Member
I'm just going to do a little math here:

(2) Precision Billet 6262 BB - $2500
(2) Precision 44mm wastegates - $500
(1) Tial 50mm BOV - $200
(1) Any name brand Bar and plate intercooler to support 600whp - $400

Plus you add all of the above from a few posts up. Even twin garret BB turbos are over $1000 cost EACH. Tial has 44mm gates but you have your own brand of gates? They're knock offs man, like the kinds on ebay. I'm not knocking you but the only way you could offer this kit this cheap is if you were paying $75 per gate, $300-$400 per turbo, etc... And if you're paying those prices for these products than they are not quality parts I'd want to put on a 25k+ car.

You're kit pricing is SO LOW that it basically makes itself look bad. It's like someone coming out with an iphone competitor and then making it 1/3 the price. No one would take it serious. You would have been better off either marketing this as an entry level turbo kit with lower quality parts OR selling it for $6500-$7000 and then just making a huge profit and warrantying everything as it breaks.

Your turbo kit price implies that JPC, CPR, Helion, KenB are making 4k-5k profit per kit which I can ASSURE you and everyone else, they're NOT. When your kit is for sale at thousands less than other companies spend just making their kit, something is wrong.
Im glad you can ASSURE everyone you know what your talking about. Im willing to bet all those companys make a nice chunk of change off those kits... Now im not saying the On3 kit is better then the others but the other kits they produce for 1/2 -1/3 the cost for other model mustangs have proven themselves.. Now for me to pay 8500 for a kit it better be flawless, produce alot higher #s and last the lifetime of the car.

D.T.R

Established Member
I think only time will tell how this kit works. We definitely need people to buy it and test it out to see how it fits, and how it performs.

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
I like how everyone says "im not knocking you but" lol you are. Or im not here to bash this guy but.....You are talking pure sh@t about this kit. Nobody knows how he get his products so cheap. But let us the consumer to be the one who decides if it worth a crap. I know on 3 isnt known for much except for how cheap their kits are but is it really necessary to go about it by bashing and questioning everything we dont know. Only one kit has been built. On3 is the only person that knows how it performs and fits. I say let the product do the talkin. In time word will get out if something is wrong. Hell look what happened to hellions single kit. I guess i dont appreciate other people that are in the same business as on3 coming on here and slaming this guy before anyone knows the whole story or has seen for their own eyes how this kit works or performs and fits.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I like how everyone says "im not knocking you but" lol you are. Or im not here to bash this guy but.....You are talking pure sh@t about this kit. Nobody knows how he get his products so cheap. But let us the consumer to be the one who decides if it worth a crap. I know on 3 isnt known for much except for how cheap their kits are but is it really necessary to go about it by bashing and questioning everything we dont know. Only one kit has been built. On3 is the only person that knows how it performs and fits. I say let the product do the talkin. In time word will get out if something is wrong. Hell look what happened to hellions single kit. I guess i dont appreciate other people that are in the same business as on3 coming on here and slaming this guy before anyone knows the whole story or has seen for their own eyes how this kit works or performs and fits.

Generally the way to get information is to ask questions about things you do not know. I don't know how you go about gaining understanding on new products or topics but I think asking questions is completely reasonable. Others in here have either past experience with On3, manufacture their own kits and know what it takes to do so, or work in an environment that means they have first hand experience with what it costs to have things manufactured and the costs associated with quality parts.

You using Hellion as an example is laughable, there are few good reviews and generally they are presented by dealers. This kit is even cheaper yet than that setup and contains more hardware. So common sense should tell you corners are being cut somewhere.

You are correct that final judgement needs to be held until people have them on their car. However, for the reasons mentioned above and the stupid low price there isn't much to inspire confidence in the system. On3 has been asked to provide dyno results multiple times in here and has not done so. If he is truly interested in selling this setup he needs data. Or he can just rely on people like you who see the cheap upfront cost, sell a bunch of kits and laugh on the way to bank, when most likely down the road there will be frustration with a component that was made for the lowest price possible.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
On3.

The $275 custom tune option. Can you go in to some detail on this?

Is the tune directly from you guys or is this from a different well known tuner? Just asking because Ive never seen any "custom tunes" for the 11+ 5.0's from you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread