On3 Performance Turbo Kit Install

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
That is a clean kit,congrats.

Thanks! I think so too.

After reading this thread, I just made up my mind... I'm goin with the same kit! I'm selling my S-Trim and I'm gonna make this happen!

As long as you are mechanically inclined...you won't regret it.

i am also very happy with my kit. i would buy another one in a heartbeat. the only big problem i had was the injectors. the injectors they sell are junk.

Can't beat it. Sorry to hear about the injectors. What makes them different than the rest?

Still running the 98 fuel hat/tank Im guessing? Curious to see what kind of mods the basket/hat needs to run this pump in a 98.

Correct

how is the car running?

She was running perfectly. Now she is on jackstands waiting for me to get some time to put the stall/auto in her

Very impressive, LOVE your car.

Thanks

whens the auto going in?

Right now. Well, it is in process. I have everything, minus the time.

Sorry for the delay everyone, I am super busy at this point and it is challenging to find enough time.

I will be taking it to a track rental on December 10. I am driving it 100 miles to the track, racing, and driving 100 miles home. Wish me luck. Stock motor may not like me, as I MAY bump the boost up 2 PSI. We'll see! :rockon:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Whoever wants a nice low mileage PI3200 stall....let me know. $500 in my pocket and it is yours!

I am using an FTI 3600 stall.

02SVTV6

Established Member
I've got one, with 30 less rwhp. :beer:

Unless it breaks, I would put the title to the car....towards it being a 10 second car at 127+ MPH, as it sits. Gaining half a second with 110 more rwhp, via a turbo...is childs play:burnout:

You don't give titles you earn them. There's plenty of sorry ass whipple KB owners on here making 600hp running 11s at 130. So until you run it you dont know the outcome. It may be likely yes however not definite.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
You don't give titles you earn them. There's plenty of sorry ass whipple KB owners on here making 600hp running 11s at 130. So until you run it you dont know the outcome. It may be likely yes however not definite.

My point was, the car has been 10's. Long time ago actually.

I noticed your sig, are those ported heads Navi heads?

Last edited:

02SVTV6

Established Member
My point was, the car has been 10's. Long time ago actually.

I noticed your sig, are those ported heads Navi heads?

If it's been 10s then it is what it is. People on here talk about 10s like it's something special. It was cool about 5 years ago on a daily. As far as the heads yes ported Navi with bullet cams and one over priced valvetrain to handle 30psi on twin GT42s with the cams. It's depressingly expensive.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
If it's been 10s then it is what it is. People on here talk about 10s like it's something special. It was cool about 5 years ago on a daily. As far as the heads yes ported Navi with bullet cams and one over priced valvetrain to handle 30psi on twin GT42s with the cams. It's depressingly expensive.

haters gonna hate

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member

Sweet, be sure to post some track times when it is done.

If it doesn't go 8's I will be disappointed.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Sweet, be sure to post some track times when it is done.

If it doesn't go 8's I will be disappointed.

I would have try not to run 8s in order to not make that pass so I'll make sure there's no disappointment.

How did a damn face pop up in my post? Lol

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Custom 9.5" FTI Converter, and a 2003 GT 4R70W.

2011-11-13125910.jpg

Just about done. Have a bit of fabbing to do to the bezel....as I dont wanna cut up the tunnel, because I may go back to a manual trans soon. ;)

2011-11-13130116.jpg

I plan to have the MVB installed....and perform a few other little tricks to the trans by mid next week.

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Great Write up Modular, sorry to see all the haters coming after you. I beleive that your honesty in this build will really help people out. I have been following this from the start of MM's.

Haters- " Keep it classy San Diego"

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I change combos like I change underwear.

Autos are boring, and are for race cars. This car is just a street car.

I'm only going auto to shut a few people up, then a stick is going back in......

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
That's what slow people say that get beat by autos. :beer:

I agree.

BTW, the turbo/auto F-Body I beat a while back, went 6.46@113 the other night. Best trap of 115.

2011-11-18002716.jpg

I will have video, as I am racing him at the track on Dec. 10 as long as my car doesnt blow up. I truly think my car is probably as fast, or faster with a T45/5Speed....at the track. The auto (in my situation) is not going to pose any advantage at the track for me, except consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread