On3 Performance Turbo Kit Install

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Has anyone tried this setup with a stock k member? I am considering attempting it.

Looking at the pics it won't work with a stock k member. The stocker isn't open on the side like an aftermarket k member.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

red9450

Established Member
modular, would you pm me details and a price on the motor? thanks,

Lenny

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
We threw my 4R70w trans and this On3 kit on a 2003 Cobra Convertible. Car is basically stock with 103,000+ miles.

Here is the "before" tune (it has just a base tune that he threw together to run it at the track)...it has 17 degrees timing...and is running at 10.9 A/F.

As you can see, it has much more in it as is, it is not picking up much on the top end. Better times to come once it is tuned and more boost!

03cobraOn3.jpg

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I started to mount the turbo support bracket, but....I ran into what I consider the "first snag"... I am running an U/D alt pulley (BFAP!!!) and an U/D Water Pump Pulley.....and I am also running my belt differently then just about anyone I have seen....well....it won't work for me. I am going to grind some material off, and hope that will do it!
View attachment 218135

Just a heads up, before even starting to mock/mount the turbo....loosen all the bolts on each side of the housings, so you can swivel/rotate/clock them into position. Then when you get everything lined up, just snug a few down while mounted....and pull it out and tighten them all up!

If you install the oil feed first like I did, you will need to remove a few of those bolts on the compressor housing to rotate it to the correct position.

More to come!

I know this thread is legit 12 years old lol, but what is the support bracket bolted to on the engine side? I can't really tell what I'm looking at in this pic. Is it the lower left alternator bolt?

Second, I'm assuming you deleted the ABS module? My passenger wastegate isn't even close to fitting with the ABS in place. I may pull that pipe off and have the wastegate flange relocated.

Users who are viewing this thread