On3 Performance Turbo Kit Install

clc44

Established Member
I just realized....this build thread hasn't actually shown a daytime "true" pic of my car. lol

Here is a shot I took earlier. Needs a bath!

DSC_0002.jpg

Off topic, what size wheels/tires are those? Cobra brakes still? Any spacers? Thanks!

CPRsm

The negativity is amazing on forums. Do people have nothing better to do?

I would probably hate on a 10 second,T45, On3 budget show car too.
Sometimes nothing better to do. But I'm not hating on you. Enjoy your kit. I just felt compelled to correct your assumption that anyone with problems installed it incorrectly based on your kit intall. Even more so because the people having problems have different kits than you.

PS You need a timeslip before calling it a 10 sec car mang. :-D:-D

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Sometimes nothing better to do. But I'm not hating on you. Enjoy your kit. I just felt compelled to correct your assumption that anyone with problems installed it incorrectly based on your kit intall. Even more so because the people having problems have different kits than you.

PS You need a timeslip before calling it a 10 sec car mang. :-D:-D

I've got one, with 30 less rwhp. :beer:

Unless it breaks, I would put the title to the car....towards it being a 10 second car at 127+ MPH, as it sits. Gaining half a second with 110 more rwhp, via a turbo...is childs play:burnout:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Breather tank FTW. I actually don't like the looks....but it is better than breathers on the valve covers.

Just finished powder coating it. This is a Moroso Aluminum piece.

2011-09-12130532.gif

Didn't like the white colored filter.....so I cut and wrapped a piece of a beanie I had laying around....I know, ghetto...

2011-09-12215247.gif

2011-09-12220952.gif

2011-09-12225832.gif

my92gt

Established Member
You did a helluva job man... I'm impressed at the numbers it put down considering the issues you have with the waste gates...

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Quick Update:

The car has been running great. No issues whatsoever. It is absolutely hauling azz. Butt-o-meter is placing it right around 130-132 trap speed car. I have raced 125-130 trap speed cars and pulled them. Woot!

On a side note, I received my fuel pump this week. I got the Lethal / Division X 340lph Stryker Pump

DivisionX Stryker 340lph Fuel Pump [DX-340S] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

That should handle much more than I am capable of running on the stock motor.

Also, Chad and Mike have been helping me out....to solve my Wastegate issue. I want to give them props for being there when I need them, and helping me through the small stuff. their customer service has been excellent to this point. I will keep the thread updated on exactly what happens with that. I should have results next week.

UNFORTUNATELY, I am also in the process of going to a 4R70W auto / stalled combo. So, I will not have "accurate" numbers on the 8 PSI with more timing in it. I figure it would have been right in the 500rwhp range though, and my tuner agrees!

The Current plan:

• Acquire a 4R70W from the junkyard
  • Go through it and replace any defective parts
  • Install a Trans Go AODE-3 Full Manual kit
  • Install a "truck" pan on it
  • Throw 2 trans coolers in the mix
  • Get a 3400-3800 Converter

I will be getting a converter from FTI Converters:
FTI - Competition Torque Converters & Transmissions

Here is the manual Trans Go kit:
TransGo Performance AODE-3 - TransGo Performance Shift Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I am leaving for NMRA World Finals in a few hours, so I wont have much to update for a few days. Updates coming soon though, I promise.

10.49 is the goal. Hoping to have track times within a few weeks?

black_fox

Old School
Established Member
After reading this thread, I just made up my mind... I'm goin with the same kit! I'm selling my S-Trim and I'm gonna make this happen!

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
i am also very happy with my kit. i would buy another one in a heartbeat. the only big problem i had was the injectors. the injectors they sell are junk.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Still running the 98 fuel hat/tank Im guessing? Curious to see what kind of mods the basket/hat needs to run this pump in a 98.

Users who are viewing this thread