On3 kit burning oil after boost

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Its easy, all yall are the same, if your not a Submariner....your...just....a target.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I swapped to Amsoil 10w30 last night and just took the car out and romped on it a bit. Happy to report no more ninja smoke bombs!! I had the slight smell of oil for a second, but nothing compared to how it was.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol this thread is funny. Growing up in 29 Palms (but not military) I had to deal with all of you turds.

:lol:

Regarding the spy hunter smoke screen... I don't think I have an issue but haven't noticed... Guess I'll pay closer attention.

I do know all of my boost and vac lines come off the same source which is intake manifold vacuum.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ha!!

29 Palms is kind of a training center for all branches from what ive heard. Ive seen tons of Navy (obviously), Army guys, and Marines on that base. Now that I think of it.. very rare that I saw Airmen but I have seen a few.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I swapped to Amsoil 10w30 last night and just took the car out and romped on it a bit. Happy to report no more ninja smoke bombs!! I had the slight smell of oil for a second, but nothing compared to how it was.

Now only if I can get Five.Slow's turd dialed in lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It'll be faster. They get real gas on the east coast... We get 91 octane piss.

I need e85 dammit!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
You better not make that bullet sponge's car faster than mine!! Lol

Lol. Calm down semen, sorry shipmate? I really did kinda like that song your group sang back in the 70s https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

Haaa. So I'm a recruiter and across the hall is the navy recruiters. We are the only 2 branches that actually get along. Constantly ripping on each other. Good times.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Lol. Calm down semen, sorry shipmate? I really did kinda like that song your group sang back in the 70s https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

Haaa. So I'm a recruiter and across the hall is the navy recruiters. We are the only 2 branches that actually get along. Constantly ripping on each other. Good times.

All in good fun. If you can't take a ribbing in the military, you're gonna have a bad time.

On another note, blew a little smoke toady. Nothing crazy like before, but it still happens. Whatever, I can live with it for now.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Yea it's good to screw with each other as long as it's for fun. Iv served beside each branch in combat and haven't been let down yet.
I'm still pretty set on the orface being too big on the inlet adapter. Every other one Iv seen you could barely see thru but these it's super easy to see thru. Thicker oil might be a bandaid.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The plot thickens. I put in a boost controller today and decided to throw on the on3 turbo blankets.
I made a full throttle 3rd gear pull, right after I thought I could smell plastic burning! I popped he hood and the drivers side turbo was cooking the blanket. Burnt fiberglass smoke pouring out of it. Oil mist soaked into the blanket? Shit blanket? I don't know. Passenger side had a funny smell as well, but the other turbo was much worse. Lol, **** it. The car moves and the logs look good. If the turbine decides to take a trip through the exhaust system, I'll fix it then

Users who are viewing this thread