On3 kit burning oil after boost

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
cb900f told me about boostlab.com. He's having his rebuilt with Garret guts for not much more than a new one from On3. I'm not buying another one of these Chinese/Brazilian whatever the **** turbos.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
What happens when you guys spend the time and money on new turbos and the same thing happens? I had smoke after boost as well. Put in a smaller orifice and problem solved.

I've since gone to Precision 62's and have no smoke. I may bump the orifice size up to see if the Precisions can take more oil but I doubt it. I have somewhat of an elaborate PCV system, with the PCV working normally under manifold vacuum, and under boost the crankcase is venting to the filters. Each direction is protected by check valves. It's more work than most want to do, but I don't like the crankcase stink, and having the crankcase under vacuum most of the time is good for everything, including keeping the oil from getting past the turbo "seals".

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\I actually had a similar problem with my J/B Precision 6262 turbo on my supra. I put a smaller oil restrictor feeding into the turbo and problem solved.

phils04gt

Established Member
My turbonetics 6665 turbos blew all types of smoke on my Z06 at first. Tossed on restrictors and it was good to go, no smoke.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
I'm going to reroute my drain lines this weekend just to clean things up a bit. I might as well give this a shot while I'm at it.
Anybody got a part number or recommended restrictor size?

Edit: found these
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Billet-Alumim...04E-1-5mm-Restrictor-/381483829550?nav=SEARCH
I used these since they came with two different openings. Ended up with the smaller orifice, .030" I believe. On3 turbos lasted 12k miles with that and still running strong.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Oil-R...for-Universal-Turbos-/221557516334?nav=SEARCH

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Glad I added some mmr OPGs. So far I have no issues with smoke.

I also did the OPGs. Bought the MMR balancer while I was at it. Haven't driven the car much lately, but I should have it ready to crank out a little more boost as soon as Chris gets back from slackin off.
I ordered the oil restrictors in my last post which have a 1.5mm feed......we'll see

Users who are viewing this thread