Omaha/Lincoln stangers?

billyfe390

Banned
Big_Torch said:
I dont know why but kb's seem to LOVE the 2v's

What kind of internals you on? You have ported heads correct?

Same crank and rods as you but better pistons.

As for the heads they are pretty much stock with cams.

Its dialed down a little bit.

555hp/506tq now.

19ClearCobra96

Established Member
Just thought I would share that I found a classified ad in the Journal Star today for a red 98 cobra 22k miles for 10,900 if anyone is in the market locally for one.

mean04

04 Terminator Poster
Established Member
Torch,
You have an MGW shifter, right? I know they're a short shifter; however, does it give you a smoother, faster shift in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd than the stock one?

Big_Torch

Banned
mean04 said:
Torch,
You have an MGW shifter, right? I know they're a short shifter; however, does it give you a smoother, faster shift in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd than the stock one?

yes yes and yes. The MGW will make it feel so much better. The 1-2 shift is no joke. Ask bill how close it is, hes driven mine a few times.

I would go mgw over steeda or pro 5.0 b/c of the noise rattling they are making in our cars, the mgw is quieter and smoother.

Death_Strike

Mystichrome Poster
Established Member
Mystic is down again... DAMN clutch again!!! When I installed the CFDF one of my friend put grease on the transmission shaft and it got so hot it melted the grease on the flywheel. Well I guess you know what happen next. There is nothing left on the clutch plate. The flywheel is still good. Just needs to be resurfaced (O'Reily's Auto Parts store resurface flywheel for $30 just to let you know). Also the clutch pressure plate. But I'm going with the SPEC Stage 3 clutch this time. This time I need professional help so if anybody wants to help let me know. I got the warm shop and the tools to work on it also the free beer and food afterwards. I'm looking around the 1st of Nov to put it back together again hopefully for the last time.

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
^Sorry bro, I am not a pro, but if you need some hands I can help. I will talk to a buddy of mine that is a tech and see if he would help. I'll let you know

Stitch

Established Member
I keep forgetting about this thread. Please PM me if we have impromptu get togethers.

Speaking of, I plan on hitting up Scribner 10-29 if anyone else wants to go.

After getting my rear end issues sorted out (sort of - Thanks again billy - still shopping for the best diff bushings - I checked Sunday and everything was fine so far) - my 4.30's are in and I smell 12's.

Dynosport got me past the 300rwhp mark too. Car is stock except for dr. gas o/r x pipe, catback, KN, and the tune.

Death_Strike: Sorry about the clutch dude. That sucks. Clutch problems are such a pain too. I've read/heard that greasing the input shaft helps to smooth clutch engagement but only a little is necessary. As long as the t/o bearing moves back and forth freely you shouldn't need to really 'grease' it.

Billy should be able to expound on this some more.

billyfe390

Banned
I very very very light coating of moly grease on the bearing retainer is what it should be.

Done at the track for this year.

My tranny sounds like an M22 muncie.

Death_Strike

Mystichrome Poster
Established Member
Well I have to wait till the 1st of november that's when I get paid. I'm looking around the 5th of Nov that is a Saturday. But I can get that 4th off.

Users who are viewing this thread